armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Reserves
User Name
Password

Old 03-23-2005, 11:28 AM
mattowens1023

Default 30yo Engineer w/ questions about Army Reserves

I have a few questions about the Army Reserves. First off, let me tell you my situation. I am a 30 year old Electrical Engineer with about 6 years of work experience. I work for a small (roughly 60 people) engineering firm in Annapolis, Maryland. I have never been in the military. I am wondering if the Army Reserves are something that are for me. I am a strong patriot and want to help my country out. I have always felt a little drawn towards the military, but I have never done anything about it. I have a solid job right now. How would being in the Reserves fit into that? Is my company required to keep me when I am at boot camp, training, etc? And what about active duty? Would I be shipped off to the Middle East soon after my training? How would my company handle that? Are they required to still pay me during these times?

Thanks,
Matt Owens

Old 04-06-2005, 11:52 PM
First Sergeant

Send a message via MSN to Firefox
Default hi there

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattowens1023
I have a few questions about the Army Reserves. First off, let me tell you my situation. I am a 30 year old Electrical Engineer with about 6 years of work experience. I work for a small (roughly 60 people) engineering firm in Annapolis, Maryland. I have never been in the military. I am wondering if the Army Reserves are something that are for me. I am a strong patriot and want to help my country out. I have always felt a little drawn towards the military, but I have never done anything about it. I have a solid job right now. How would being in the Reserves fit into that? Is my company required to keep me when I am at boot camp, training, etc? And what about active duty? Would I be shipped off to the Middle East soon after my training? How would my company handle that? Are they required to still pay me during these times?

Thanks,
Matt Owens

well good question !

im gonna give it to you straight up.. (im not a recruiter) 6 years experiance is very good.. we need smart people in the army.. the reserves works like this.. if you do have employment already you will be let off for the period you are in boot camp and no you will not loose your job !! and neither will you be fired .. you should be issued a time off work paper.. most comapnys understand it fully( talk about this with your local recruiter for specific facts.)) the reserves is every other weekend or might be one weekend a month... you can also pick up your same trade. it is not to late..