armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > Current Events
User Name
Password

Old 02-14-2005, 07:52 PM
Sergeant

Send a message via Yahoo to Grimes

I heard that those wepons were already in use in the military?

Old 03-10-2005, 04:56 AM
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefox
Hey Kid hows it going?

Not to bust your morales or anything but it is always nice to go hunting i know that for a fact but what i can tell you from what ive seen.. hunting a deer and hunting a person are 2 very different things.. Very Different!.

People think that killing now is Ok. What we see on TV and what we see in real life are 2 totaly different things. it is not the same i can tell you that for a fact.
it might be fun but once you see what it does to a person you will no longer find it amusing.
these are lives we take, not games we kill and eat. but you will find out when you become of age. join the core train hard and be wise of your actions

Training will take you far once you learn how to use it corectly.
Be Safe , and be Good.

CPL Forsyth

Umm may i say something CPL forsyth U are very true in matter of fact when u shoot a dear u have no memories of killing it and they dont haunt u but when u shoot a person thats a whole diffrent story. U almost always get flash backs of that day, time and place of where u actually shot that person and u almost always are afraid of going back to that same place cause of what would happen next. this is not a ****ing game kid this is real **** we aint going out there for fun we are doing this for REAL this aint no game. Hey but if u really think its a game why dont u go out kill someone in iraq and eat them then tell me how it tastes OK

Old 03-15-2005, 02:57 PM
Private First Class

i cant remeber which of the two guns it was but the gernades on one of them are supposed to be able to denate on a set distance. The distance is set by the shooter just before he/ she shoots. And also the scope is supposed to tell you how to arch the shot to get it to go the right distance.
Any way I think they are both too futuristic Id take the M16 or M4 any day

Old 03-16-2005, 09:14 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abramsuser
To Be Honest i think the O.I.C.W will win the new rifle. Its a question of which one of these 2 rifles will replace the M4 and M16. The M4 and M16 are being retired in 2007.
The OICW has been scrapped for a while now .. it is no longer in the running and has been exposed for the money hogging waste of time that it was.

The (X)M-8 is on the shelf after not meeting testing standards .. it will be retested again this spring.

Old 03-28-2005, 09:35 PM
Recruit

I'm sorry about jumping in like this but I have heard from several reliable sources that the OICW line was discontinued due to manufacturing defects and design flaws. I heard something about the land warrior system armor being used in alot of front line combat arms devisions currently.

Old 04-06-2005, 11:25 PM
First Sergeant

Send a message via MSN to Firefox
Default mmmm

MMMM new weapons yummmy !!! cant wait...

Old 04-25-2005, 12:50 AM
Private

The OICW has already been dismised as a prototype and nothing more.
The system is much to bulky and costly for the United States to put it into service.

The weapon to come out of HK's project was the Xm8 system

But at this moment I am looking at the Heckler & Koch website and the
Xm8 is no where to be found. Does this mean the the US has turned down
the new weapon?

PS: oh and uh just for kicks here is the latest out from HK's briliant mindes! THE HK416

Last edited by HKspectre-A2; 04-25-2005 at 12:56 AM..

Old 06-09-2005, 05:06 PM
Private

Cool Latest US army weapon!!

The latest US army weapon? Its all well & good having some fancy gun (looks like a paintball gun to me!) but what good will it do in the hands of some simple. illiterate fool who can barely spell his own name and think for himself? We all know the answer? A 'better' gun won't make better soldiers!

Just look at the Israelis! The IDF are the best military, man for man, in the world. One Israeli soldier is worth ten yanks, and ya know why? He is the best educated soldier, often a professional, with a looser command structure that emphasizes individuality, lateral thinking and mental toughness!

AND, the Israelis make a damn good rifle to boot!!!

Old 06-09-2005, 06:13 PM
Recruit

Default Rifle Ballstock with Weapon Orientation and Systems Integration

[QUOTE=HKspectre-A2]The OICW has already been dismised as a prototype and nothing more.
The system is much to bulky and costly for the United States to put it into service.

You're right on with that assessment. The reason why is it holds it's own computer, battery, LCD display, and a bunch of other electronics. But it doesn't have to be this way. Check out RBS Complex at [url]www.darkhorse-acre.com[/url]. This device was designed to get the functions of XM29 onto the rifle, but let the Land Warrior system's computers, batteries, etc. do the work. Let me know what you think.

Old 06-28-2005, 02:23 PM
Captain

Send a message via MSN to royal marine

yup that picture of the american shooting over the wall
what a typical american soldier always wasting fire over walls (u need fire control) and too wimpy to look over the wall,thats 1 of the main thing the british soldiers take the piss out the americans most