armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > National Guard
User Name
Password

Old 01-19-2005, 07:42 PM
Private

Angry Job Pool

Does anyone here know whether you have the same oppurtunities jobwise in the National Guard, as opposed to the full time service ? Or is there a bigger selection in the full time service ? If so , what is the diffence.

Old 02-03-2005, 09:54 AM
Private First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiller
Does anyone here know whether you have the same oppurtunities jobwise in the National Guard, as opposed to the full time service ? Or is there a bigger selection in the full time service ? If so , what is the diffence.
I would personally assume that it's kindof like the Reserves in means of jobs. There are a lot less oppurtunities to get something with the higher class of a job that someone with full service would have. Don't take my word on this - I am just assuming this based on what I understand.

Old 04-06-2005, 11:46 PM
First Sergeant

Send a message via MSN to Firefox
Default skiller

Quote:

well yes and no. national guardsdmen is a good job to have part time or reserves. and most the same opurtunities.. but i willhave to get back to you on that one.. i will look into it and let u know. also what you can do is call a recruiter. and ask.. ill get back to yah tho soon ..

Old 04-08-2005, 09:15 PM
olusegun michael ojo

Default good trainingto be national guard in america army and also fighting against terrorism

undefined[QUOTE=1_of_an_army]I would personally assume that it's kindof like the Reserves in means of jobs. There are a lot less oppurtunities to get something with the higher class of a job that someone with full service w]

Old 06-20-2005, 08:12 PM
Private

Actually most jobs are the same with full time army and the national gaurd and the reserves with a few exceptions. special forces and some other MOS's are almost a no, a fellow gaurdsmen in my unit was trying for Airborne and the state I live in said no because he was not a full time soldier. Although you can do air assualt through national gaurd. If you would give some info on what you are gonna do for your MOS it might help.

Old 08-28-2005, 06:16 PM
Recruit

Smile Jobs

Quote:

There are differences btwn fulltime service and full time guard. In the national guard, there are levels of job levels. Ranging from AGR,(Active Guard Reserve), DY and other low level positions. Those two, I am unsure of the exact names. At any rate, the jobs offered most likely have nothing to do with your mos. For example, Im an 88mike truck driver but there is no full time truck driving postions in the guard. AGR jobs inlcude supply, guarding, mechanic/maintance, and so on. However, those jobs are held by higher ranking NCO's and officers. Low ranks like e-4 to E-1 have little oppertunity for good jobs like the active army. I know you can get into recruiting in the national guard full time but only has an assistant. Actual recruiting is done by NCO's who have gone to recruiting school. However, having said all that, the benifits are almost the same.