armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Military Discussions > Armies of the World
User Name
Password

Old 05-27-2005, 05:53 AM
Command Sergeant Major

i gotta love your heroic attitude ranger. just dont let it get in the way of the fact that you DO have to study hard to become a ranger.

i'm pretty sure royal marine puts his head down when the crunch comes, i know i did

Old 05-27-2005, 10:52 AM
Captain

Send a message via MSN to royal marine

what dya mean aussie mate?

Old 05-28-2005, 04:33 AM
Command Sergeant Major

studies son, you did/do go to school right. they DO have schools in Britain i assume?

Old 05-28-2005, 02:11 PM
Captain

are you in cadets boi...cu have no experience of top staealth and night ambushes.....they are amazingly nerve racking and a common cause for hypothermia....u know nothing of hell cos if theres a war ud wish u were on the cozy fronts....u say all thistuffabout cool **** as in night-raids.....bloody hell u aint been in 1 i have for training in cadets.....what about thefreezing cold bed at night or the boiling hot jungle with sweat rubbing to mucj against u causing fateful infections when u remember that u aint remembered ur foot powder and the mosquitos givin u mlaria.....if u are ambushing and u snap a twig or sneeze in a decisive operation ull be court martialled....so first actually experience it and know whats it like first u dumb ****

Old 05-28-2005, 02:14 PM
Captain

and yer i need to study a lot to be in marines but ill get there

Old 05-29-2005, 12:05 AM
Command Sergeant Major

hell, i live in australia, every day is a weather concern, whether it be like an oven or a freezer.

esp. in rural areas. it can get to 50 degrees celsius during a summer day, and -5 during a winter night. ever seen it snow in a desert? trust me, it tries.

as for putting up with it during wartime, when you can either freeze to death or be shot? hell, i think i'd just sleep through it

Old 05-29-2005, 10:35 AM
Recruit

good job everyone.please have a healthy conversation rather than trying to take command.

Old 05-29-2005, 05:51 PM
Recruit

well guys i was wondern if there was ne1 on this website who is or was in the SF and how hard and how long it takes to git into it and wut r the requirements for i know that u cant be put in jail or have any hint of a criminal background. but if yall can help me plz do!

Old 05-30-2005, 04:27 AM
Captain

well first of all you get cap special forces and u get good special forces for example....SAS u have to be extremeley clever, extremely fit (and i mean extremely) and have amazing memory skills and have the strength of a mind to carry on when it starts to get tough...also u need to be able to escape an enemy prison single-handedly and evade special forces all the way to Scotland....so basically u think u got what it takes to be part of the biege berets....then theres delta force where you basically need to be skilled in airborne and ambushes (not that hard).....then theres navy seals where it is exactly same training as our royal marines.....3 days of hell selection course then 32 weeks of more hell....u need to have amazing upper body strength and also really good endurance and an amazing swimmer...espeially in navy seals.....dont be in the US marines they are exactly like our regular army...ive looked that 1 up.....SBS is like our SAS BUT U NEED TO BE 1 OF THE BEST SWIMMERS INTHE WORLD......rangers are just little groups of cannon fodder which are useles....(all the stubborn ranger wannabes will argue with that 1 but ive looked that up aswell)....and then theres aussie SAS whick are exactly like our SAS....join the royal marines mate

Old 05-31-2005, 02:16 PM
Sergeant First Class

uhh no i am not in the cadet's...i want something REAL