armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Military Discussions > General Military Discussions
User Name
Password

Old 04-15-2007, 04:07 PM
Major General

Default Petraeus Doctrine

It would seem that this mans words do have substance. Why has it taken so long for the Political leadership in America to acknowledge and then appoint a capable intelligent competant officer to handle iraq's insurgency? From a media and practical angle the war is a disaster and has been for some time.
On the one hand its important to not show weakness, but on the other hand we need to regain the intiative. Lt-Gen Petraeus should have been appointed sooner. We've allowed the insurgents to gain to large a foot hold through political incompetance. Unfortunately to regain the initiative we need time. The very thing which the democrats are attempting to deny the US military. I pray the democrats are not the fools they appear to be and that Lt-Gen Petraeus is given the time and support to achieve a stable Iraq.

Old 04-16-2007, 02:50 PM
General of the Armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas View Post
It would seem that this mans words do have substance. Why has it taken so long for the Political leadership in America to acknowledge and then appoint a capable intelligent competant officer to handle iraq's insurgency? From a media and practical angle the war is a disaster and has been for some time.
On the one hand its important to not show weakness, but on the other hand we need to regain the intiative. Lt-Gen Petraeus should have been appointed sooner. We've allowed the insurgents to gain to large a foot hold through political incompetance. Unfortunately to regain the initiative we need time. The very thing which the democrats are attempting to deny the US military. I pray the democrats are not the fools they appear to be and that Lt-Gen Petraeus is given the time and support to achieve a stable Iraq.
Here here... two wrongs dont make a right... they need to fix it, and Petraus is the man... well said Tex...

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"

Old 04-26-2007, 05:30 PM
Major General

Default surprised

Apart from Exo no posts ....hmmmm

Old 04-26-2007, 10:03 PM
First Lieutenant

... nothing to say, really. Nothing will work, no one will succeed. It's up to the Iraqis to want peace. Only they can make any plan work. Unless this guy plans on getting in their heads it's business as usual.

Old 04-27-2007, 01:38 PM
General of the Armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-Steady View Post
... nothing to say, really. Nothing will work, no one will succeed. It's up to the Iraqis to want peace. Only they can make any plan work. Unless this guy plans on getting in their heads it's business as usual.
You dont seem to grasp the art of counter insurgency.. Your new CO has plenty of skills in that area from what I can see... seems to be the hybrid choice commander to influence tactical changes to meet the insurgency threat..

Old 04-27-2007, 10:44 PM
Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas View Post
Apart from Exo no posts ....hmmmm
I'm not sure what to think yet. He has a stronger presance than other people who speak on the same things as he does. He feels as though he is more important. I havn't decided if it's charisma that has the man seeming more, in the know and now, than others.

I agree that if the Iraqi's can't get some serious work done by themselves for themselves no one can succeed in what is trying to be done in Iraq.

Old 04-28-2007, 12:25 PM
General of the Armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Common Sence View Post
I'm not sure what to think yet. He has a stronger presance than other people who speak on the same things as he does. He feels as though he is more important. I havn't decided if it's charisma that has the man seeming more, in the know and now, than others.

I agree that if the Iraqi's can't get some serious work done by themselves for themselves no one can succeed in what is trying to be done in Iraq.

Fair point CS, actions do speak louder then words, and this guy has the right moves... IMO...

Old 04-28-2007, 08:20 PM
First Sergeant

I'm holding my .02 cents worth till I see what he does....

Old 04-29-2007, 01:01 PM
General of the Armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11binfantry View Post
I'm holding my .02 cents worth till I see what he does....
Thats another discussion.. risk it for a buiscuit... through your 2c into the pile, whats your opinion of the man for the job?...

Old 04-29-2007, 06:57 PM
First Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo1 View Post
Thats another discussion.. risk it for a buiscuit... through your 2c into the pile, whats your opinion of the man for the job?...

gotta see what he does or accomplishes... by july