User Name
Password

Old 09-29-2005, 02:51 PM
Brigadier General

Default To America

January1st 2003
Al Queda were not in Iraq
There were no WMD`s
Saddam posed no threat to any country ,just his own people !
Does America know whats happening in the rest of the world or are you all living in cloud cuckoo land ...
When are you guys gonna wake up and realise your president sent you to war for OIL?
By the way, being brainwashed by CNN and FOX news doesn't qualify for an informed opinion !
Apparently only 40% of Americans have a passport and even less have travelled outside America .So get yourselves a passport and get traveling and you'll realise what a mess you've created in the middle east .

Wake up Guys. You`re spending money abroad when you should be using that money at home curing America's problems.

p.s Joining the military does not constitute Travelling !

Old 09-29-2005, 05:12 PM
Brigadier General

First of all, you only implemented the NO - FLY zones after Saddam had committed new attrocities against the Kurds in the north and the Shia`s in the south .If you didn't know ,it was only after the UK brought it to your attention ,that you did something about it . You were too busy having a silly victory parade in New york at the time .I remember the images of the Kurds escaping to Turkey on the mountain side very vividly . Why were they escaping ?
I'll tell you why .Because Mr Bush Snr Stopped short of taking Saddam out ,and caved in to the UN !You could have sorted this problem out in 1991,Why didn't you?

With regard to weapons inspectors ,Scott Ritter (YOUR Man ) said in 1999 that 95% verification on WMD's had been acheived and that the remaining 5% would be past its best before date already, if it existed !

Also ,traveling to Canada and Mexico I'm sure is wonderful .But it doesn't exactly keep you in touch with world politics .

What mess have you created in the middle east .Dear oh dear son ,2000 American dead and counting ....Like I said wake up!

Did you create the Israeli -Palestinian Problem ......are you real?
The US has backed Israel Militarily and Financially for decades .What do you think caused the oil crisis in 1973 .It was the Yom Kippur war !
Read a book for god sake and stop sucking the Media lolly pop !

If you think travelling in the American military constitutes seeing the world your joking .yeh good one ,lol.

Old 09-29-2005, 06:15 PM
Brigadier General

I guess this is a spoon job .

You didn't think it worth while back then to remove Saddam ,So why Now ?
What changed? Please don't insult me with UN resolutions mumbo jumbo ....

To dismiss Scott Ritter is classical American Extreme right wing politics .He was your man ,very respected in many circles internationally .Are you seriously dumping him ?

Contradictory ...hmmmm! The problem you have, is Americans like to label people Left or Right. Unlike you, my opinions are not fixed .I'm looking for answers and not to be blinded by a media hell bent on justifying why America is in Iraq .
2000 is a high price for Oil .Maybe if it was closer to home you wouldn't be so arrogant .

Hang on a minute .You've just said without US backing Israel wouldn't exist
.Now you're asking me if I think America is responsible for the current Palestinian /Israel problem .You`re arn't so dim are you ?

Traveling enables you to learn about anothers culture.It broadens your horizons .
Walking around the place with an M4 assualt rifle however , limits you a little. If thats your ambition !

Last edited by Spike; 09-29-2005 at 06:54 PM..

Old 09-29-2005, 08:46 PM
Colonel

You folks' are great.

So many opportunities for your debate to collapse into insults...but it hasn't. Sweet.

I just wanted to say that.

Good stuff folks'

I thought more like 5% of Americans have passports. I'm open that that may be entirely wrong though. This however, is correct and hilarious. The U.S. in it's paranoia will be requiring all people entering the U.S. to have a passport...including AMERICANS. For eg. if someone from NY State crosses over to Canada to visit a friend in Niagra Falls and goes back home the same day....THEY WILL NEED A PASSPORT. !!! We used (canadians and americans) to be able to whip back and forth all we wanted. I like to travel....not on resorts either. Local culture and craft is wonderful. I'm confident that carrying a gun, limits a persons ability to experience others in their true form. I know I tend to act differently around a person, who I don't know, who has a gun. Thankfully, that is not an experience I have had to any great extent.

Perhaps the U.S. wanted to give Saddam another chance in 91 because he was their old buddy from the War with Iran in the 80's. Kind of like Osama was their buddy vs. the Soviets in Afghanistan. eh. I want to know why old buddies turn into the spawn of the devil. I won't pretend to know...but I want to. I wonder if the "rules" that were applied to Saddam were honored and kept the same throughout the 90's, or do you think they changed, and tightened and strangled and cornered and backfired.

Those Saud's are up to something. They own 7% of you're economy...don't they? (us economy that is) They don't treat their people so fine either. Maybe we should free the people of Saudi Arabia. hehe not likely.

Cheers

Old 09-30-2005, 12:00 PM
Brigadier General

You haven't had oil out of Iraq because the insurgent keep blowing the Pipelines up!
You're not seriously expecting Blair or Bush to say they invaded for oil are you ?
You have along wait if you are .You need to use other evidence which involves a bit of history
They as follows:-
The British after conveniently redrawing the region out of the Ottoman Empire .Then claimed the mandate over Iraq and Kuwait .Why did they do that ?oh I wonder !
Saddam took the Iraqi petroleum company from the Brits/US in 1973 which coincides with the Yom kippur war .
Every reason Blair gave the British people for attacking Iraq has been proven False .No WMD's .No 45 minute capability. No nothing !
Ask yourself this .Why are we so interested in a country that is mainly desert and rock?
Theres nothing there apart from oil! The worlds 3rd largest oil reserves lie beneath its soil.
The only reason we haven't benfitted from it is because we have made a balls of the exit stratergy .In short we didn't have one ! The Hawks in the White house are a shower of incompetent neanderthals and US troops are paying the bill.

Old 10-01-2005, 07:46 AM
Private

You lot haven't produced any facts either .Not one fact has been produced by America .End your illegal occupation now and come back to disneyland

Last edited by Mickey Mouse; 10-01-2005 at 08:03 AM..

Old 10-01-2005, 11:33 AM
Major General

Iraqi army is slipping, says US commander
By Alec Russell in Washington and Adrian Blomfield in Baghdad
(Filed: 01/10/2005)

The commander of American troops in Iraq has shocked Congress with a bleak assessment of the state of the Iraqi security forces, admitting that the number of battalions ready to fight on their own has dropped from three to one.

American and British politicians and generals have been pinning their hopes on building a new army and police force to assume responsibility for the nation's security.

Under stiff questioning in Congress however, Gen George Casey said that only one out of 86 Iraqi army battalions was able to fight on its own, down from three six months ago.

He and other commanders said the military wanted to reduce the number of US troops in Iraq next year, a goal sought by increasing numbers of congressmen as public support for the war dwindles.

But the generals would not be drawn on when some of America's 140,000 troops could start returning home.

They warned of an escalation of attacks by insurgents before the referendum on the constitution this month.

The lack of preparedness of Iraqi forces is also of great concern as terrorist attacks increase.

Iraq suffered 42 mass-casualty bombings last month - the highest number since American forces swept into Baghdad two and a half years ago.

Suicide and car bomb attacks over a 24-hour period beginning on Thursday killed at least 110 people, including 25 children.

Bombings in the southern town of Hilla, which killed 12 people and left body parts strewn across a market yesterday, were the culmination of a month in which more than 1,000 people were killed.

Insurgents have also struck at Iraq's security services with growing ferocity in recent months, hoping to derail attempts to create a proficient army and police force, the success of which will largely dictate the withdrawal of US and British troops.

Gen Casey's admission about the state of the Iraqi forces added to the growing unease in Washington over the progress and strategy of the US-led mission in Iraq.

John McCain, a senior Republican senator, said the Pentagon had tried to fight the war with too few troops and he lambasted the outgoing chairman of the joint chiefs of staff, Gen Richard Myers, for being too optimistic.

"Things have not gone as we had planned or expected nor as we were told by you," he said during a meeting of the Senate armed services committee.

Gen Myers, who stepped down yesterday, replied: "I don't think this committee or the American public has ever heard me say that things are going well in Iraq. This is a hard struggle." But the generals insisted that the overall state of the Iraqi forces continued to improve. "There has not been a step backwards," Gen Casey said

Old 10-01-2005, 11:50 AM
Major General

The recent episode involving the two SAS guys ,Who were attacked by local police while carrying out surveilence on a police station .Demonstrates how difficult the task of Stabilisation is .
I can hear what Pappy is saying with regard to no evidence of going to war for oil .
Being British we tend to have a more cynical out look than Americans . After all the British Empire was built to exploit mineral resources around the world and as far as we are concerned ,we are up to our old tricks with a super power buddy !
An exit stratergy would have been helpful before we invaded .But now we are there ,we damn well better sort it out ..otherwise we'll become a laughing stock .

Old 10-01-2005, 08:17 PM
Sergeant First Class

Send a message via Yahoo to arctcfightr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike
January1st 2003
Al Queda were not in Iraq
There were no WMD`s
Saddam posed no threat to any country ,just his own people !
Does America know whats happening in the rest of the world or are you all living in cloud cuckoo land ...
When are you guys gonna wake up and realise your president sent you to war for OIL?
By the way, being brainwashed by CNN and FOX news doesn't qualify for an informed opinion !
Apparently only 40% of Americans have a passport and even less have travelled outside America .So get yourselves a passport and get traveling and you'll realise what a mess you've created in the middle east .

Wake up Guys. You`re spending money abroad when you should be using that money at home curing America's problems.

p.s Joining the military does not constitute Travelling !

MY *** DIDNT GOTO WAR FOR OIL THNK YOU VERY MUCH I WENT TO WAR TO HELP REBUILD A COUNTRY THAT WE BLEW UP.."HMM"...WELL NE WAYS YES HE DID HAVE CHEMICAL WEAPONS JUST NOT AS MANY AS WE THOUGHT THERE MIGHT BE AL QUEDE THERE I DONT NO NIETHERE DO U BUT THERE ARE TERRORISTS YESS CNN LIES BUT SO DOES EVERY1 AND UM BLOW ME YOU LITTLE PRICK AND YOU NEED TO WAKE UP AND REALIZE I DONT KNOW JUST WAKE UP AND LOOK WE ARE HELPIN OVER THERE AND IF YOU HAVE BEEN THERE UD UNDERSTAND SO PLZ DONT TALK **** ABOUT AMERICA I KNOW THIS IS A FORUM AND AFREE COUNTRY BUT ITS REALY REALY OFFENSIVE

Old 10-01-2005, 11:28 PM
Private First Class

I Agree with arctcfighter but the only question i have is WHY THE HELL DID WE GO LOOKING FOR SADDAM WHEN OSAMA WAS THE ONE WHO CONSTRUCTED THE TWIN TOWERS ATTACK also WE DIDNT GO TO WAR FOR THE OIL CAUSE APPARENTLY NOW WE GET ALL OF OUR OIL FROM THE PUMPS IN THE COST WERE HURRICANE KATRINA HIT. I believe that we need to make up our damn minds about were our primary source of oil comes from. because at first it was over there now over here so... i dont know. Also no offense to anyone but i believe that Bush is just trying to finish what his dad done. Personally i believe we should have went with kerry. Because the reason most people pickked george was cause he said he was against gay marriage and abortion. well DID HE DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT. NO. Also i believe bill clinton was a good president. What he did was bad but i dont give a crap about his personel as long as he runs the country good. And i Believe bill did a good job. thats just me though. i am all for our troops and what they r doing though so GOD BLESS AMERICA