armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > Current Events
User Name
Password

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

  #21  
Old 07-30-2008, 03:46 PM
onep0int onep0int is offline
Major
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Miami
Posts: 1,109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas View Post
If I was French I would be proud of any French soldier serving his country. But a lass and you knew this critisnm was coming Jim ................

It will take alot more than just training the A.A and the occasional encounter with the Taliban to stabilise Afghanistan. Due to ISAF efforts in Helmand and Kandahar etc we now have the Taliban abandoning conventional warfare and opting for the terrorism route. This believe it or not is a successful consequence of ISAF tactics. We now have the responsibility of defeating their ideology and their funding network. The French troops will not do this under their current mission. They are simply deployed with both hands tied behind their backs. Which as you know completely infuriates your NATO partners and thus presents the enemy with a fracturing alliance........and so Jim I don't really understand what the French or Italian or German deployment is trying to achieve .

Its like they turned up to the football match but forgot to bring the ball!
Actually it seems that FID is not all the French are doing. I'm returning to my FOB from R&R and I've been in a transient status in BAF right now for some time and the French Marines are all over this place. And I have seen them gearing up and rolling out the gate for what appears to be combat patrols not FID missions.

It seems like their finding a way to go out and actually do some kinetic missions. Good on them.
__________________
"We do not negotiate with terrorists, we put them out of business." - Scott McClellan

"War is cruelty. There is no use trying to reform it. The crueler it is, the sooner it will be over" - Gen William T. Sherman
Reply With Quote

  #22  
Old 07-30-2008, 04:40 PM
jrj1000's Avatar
jrj1000 jrj1000 is offline
Brigadier General
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Living the dream!!!
Posts: 2,815
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by onep0int View Post
Actually it seems that FID is not all the French are doing. I'm returning to my FOB from R&R and I've been in a transient status in BAF right now for some time and the French Marines are all over this place. And I have seen them gearing up and rolling out the gate for what appears to be combat patrols not FID missions.

It seems like their finding a way to go out and actually do some kinetic missions. Good on them.

Good to hear from you again onepoint...it looked like preperation for combat patrols?
the noises i have heard say they are engaging the Taliban..but its on quite small levels..but to be honest i dont know what rules of engagement the French have...by all acounts their combat missions are limited...but your in a better place to comment then me
Reply With Quote

  #23  
Old 07-30-2008, 06:01 PM
Spike's Avatar
Spike Spike is offline
Brigadier General
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Its very nice thank U
Posts: 2,739
Default

Don't hold your breath, they 'll just be securing their area of operations. Its quite a different thing to agressively go out and find the enemy to engage them.
What do you think we are............ Stupid?

When the French casualties start rolling in day after day then I'll take my hat off to them until then their army is a work of fiction!
__________________
The peasant bourgeoisie and their self righteous inclinations are the wests cancer!
Reply With Quote

  #24  
Old 07-30-2008, 06:33 PM
jrj1000's Avatar
jrj1000 jrj1000 is offline
Brigadier General
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Living the dream!!!
Posts: 2,815
Default

Theres different levels of patrol..depending on location and situation..im sure the French get into scirmishes...and defend...but like i said...i dont know what the french rules of engagement are...can they even mount agressive patrols,because of the politics?
Reply With Quote

  #25  
Old 07-30-2008, 06:58 PM
Spike's Avatar
Spike Spike is offline
Brigadier General
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Its very nice thank U
Posts: 2,739
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrj1000 View Post
i dont know what the french rules of engagement are...can they even mount agressive patrols,because of the politics?
the French government announced yesterday that it

has also raised its terror alert level, moving from "Run" to "Hide."

The only two higher levels in France are "Surrender" and

"Collaborate." This rise was precipitated by a recent fire that

destroyed France's white flag factory, effectively paralyzing the

country's military capability.
__________________
The peasant bourgeoisie and their self righteous inclinations are the wests cancer!
Reply With Quote

  #26  
Old 07-30-2008, 07:19 PM
Rock-Steady Rock-Steady is offline
First Lieutenant
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 740
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
the French government announced yesterday that it

has also raised its terror alert level, moving from "Run" to "Hide."

The only two higher levels in France are "Surrender" and

"Collaborate." This rise was precipitated by a recent fire that

destroyed France's white flag factory, effectively paralyzing the

country's military capability.
Roger that ! LOL...
Reply With Quote

  #27  
Old 07-30-2008, 07:20 PM
Jim76's Avatar
Jim76 Jim76 is offline
Second Lieutenant
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Versailles, Yvelines
Posts: 610
Default

In fact there exist 4 levels Yellow, Orange, Red and Scarlet [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vigipirate[/url]
__________________
L'avantage d'être intelligent, c'est qu'on peut toujours faire l'imbécile, alors que l'inverse est totalement impossible.
Reply With Quote

  #28  
Old 08-03-2008, 01:16 PM
Exo1's Avatar
Exo1 Exo1 is offline
General of the Armies
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ireland (Ex Irish Army)
Posts: 10,457
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by onep0int View Post
Actually it seems that FID is not all the French are doing. I'm returning to my FOB from R&R and I've been in a transient status in BAF right now for some time and the French Marines are all over this place. And I have seen them gearing up and rolling out the gate for what appears to be combat patrols not FID missions.

It seems like their finding a way to go out and actually do some kinetic missions. Good on them.
Welcome back Onepoint, hows life in the sandbox treating ya?...
__________________
"Barrel High, Powder Dry!"

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"
Reply With Quote

  #29  
Old 08-03-2008, 01:19 PM
Exo1's Avatar
Exo1 Exo1 is offline
General of the Armies
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ireland (Ex Irish Army)
Posts: 10,457
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
Don't hold your breath, they 'll just be securing their area of operations. Its quite a different thing to agressively go out and find the enemy to engage them.
What do you think we are............ Stupid?

When the French casualties start rolling in day after day then I'll take my hat off to them until then their army is a work of fiction!
Securing an operating area that is hostile is no different to combat patrols in reality Spike and you know that!!.. However, buried in all that sarcasm is a valid point, forward operating offensive missions would not be carried out by them... and ONCE again, its the politicians, not the soldiers who are to blame for that!!!!..... French politicans in the scale of politicians have to be some of the most immature, volitile and arrogant around...
__________________
"Barrel High, Powder Dry!"

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:48 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    
·Contact Us   ·Legal   ·Privacy   ·Link To Us    ·Advertise With Us    ·About Us    ·Site Map     
     Copyright 2004-2019 Activv, LLC. All rights reserved. Armyreal.com is a service provided by Activv.
This website is not affiliated, endorsed, authorized, or associated in any way with any government, military or country.