armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > Politics
User Name
Password

Old 10-04-2007, 04:29 PM
Major General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo1 View Post

Exocets did have misfires in Brit ships but needless to say, the rocket did majority of real damage also.

You're right HMS Glamorgan was hit . It failed to explode but caused a fire.

Old 10-04-2007, 05:52 PM
Brigadier General

Send a message via Yahoo to Fireball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas View Post
....but caused a fire.
Is this where I come blazing in??

Fireball

-Fireball
Army Wife and mother of 3

Old 10-05-2007, 05:49 PM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
Is this where I come blazing in??

Fireball
Ok just make sure you bring glasses

Old 10-05-2007, 05:50 PM
Brigadier General

Send a message via Yahoo to Fireball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
Ok just make sure you bring glasses
Why you going to pass some gas.... ROFL

-Fireball
Army Wife and mother of 3

Old 10-05-2007, 05:54 PM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
Why you going to pass some gas.... ROFL
NO , I'm just goonnna get smiissed

Old 10-05-2007, 07:07 PM
Brigadier General

I hate to say because my son's over there but at this time I can't think of a better reason to go to war than for oil. What in the hell would we do without it? So far there is no viable substitute. Maybe in the future but not at this time. Using corn to make ethanol? that's a disaster. Does anyone realize how many food products are derived from corn? Kellogs Corn Flakes & Fritos! Beef cattle is going up in price due to the high price on feed corn. And half the world is starving. I could go on & on. Wind power? Even the "great conservationist" Al Gore won't allow them in his neighborhood. Nuclear power? Probably the cleanest & most efficient (read "cheapest".) Everyone is so scared of that because of all the propaganda against it. The Navy's been powering their ships with that for years.
The liberal green people would have us ride horses to work. But wait a minute - don't horses crap all over the place? POLLUTION!
The country that controls the oil rules the world. I can think of a lot worse rulers of the world
than the Democratic West.

By the way... there were vestigiges of WMD found in Iraq. There were artillery shells & bombs that could serve no other puposes than to transport chemicals. Explosives could not have been attached in any manner. Several of Saddam's top generals said that all of Iraq's chemical weapons & technology for nuclear weapons were convoyed to Syria when attack by coalition forces was imminent. Now Iran has gone leaps & bounds into the nuclear field. Surprise, surprise.Saddam promised that if we attacked him he would use chemical weapons against us. Confession right out of his own mouth. I guess we took him at his word after denying possesion of them for so long. He used them against the Kurds several times so therefore he had the technology.

The WMD was only 1 of many points that led us to attack. I believe there were 17.
The reason we didn't, couldn't take him out in '91 was the rest of the Arab nations that allied theirselves with us. They only wanted Saddam out of Kuwait (spank our brother) not invade him to overthrow him (kill our brother). They admit they probably would have turned against us & fought on Iraq's side.

Nuff sed. There's been so many misconceptions about this whole war that it can drive this old soldier to drink.( And I don't)

After 9/11 our duly elected President promised that he would attack any country that harbored terrorists or terrorist training camps. I believe Coalition Forces found at least 20 in Iraq. Most were al qaeda but even if not terrorist are terrorist no matter what name they go by & most are aligned with other groups. Now we all know that Usama & Sadamm didn't like each other so how could Saddam allow Usama to operate in his country?...but "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" trumped everything.
Retired MSG
I was a Soldier. I am a Soldier. I will always be a Soldier.

Old 10-05-2007, 08:45 PM
General of the Armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG Glenn View Post
I hate to say because my son's over there but at this time I can't think of a better reason to go to war than for oil. What in the hell would we do without it? So far there is no viable substitute. Maybe in the future but not at this time. Using corn to make ethanol? that's a disaster. Does anyone realize how many food products are derived from corn? Kellogs Corn Flakes & Fritos! Beef cattle is going up in price due to the high price on feed corn. And half the world is starving. I could go on & on. Wind power? Even the "great conservationist" Al Gore won't allow them in his neighborhood. Nuclear power? Probably the cleanest & most efficient (read "cheapest".) Everyone is so scared of that because of all the propaganda against it. The Navy's been powering their ships with that for years.
The liberal green people would have us ride horses to work. But wait a minute - don't horses crap all over the place? POLLUTION!
The country that controls the oil rules the world. I can think of a lot worse rulers of the world

By the way... there were vestigiges of WMD found in Iraq. There were artillery shells & bombs that could serve no other puposes than to transport chemicals. Explosives could not have been attached in any manner. Several of Saddam's top generals said that all of Iraq's chemical weapons & technology for nuclear weapons were convoyed to Syria when attack by coalition forces was imminent. Now Iran has gone leaps & bounds into the nuclear field. Surprise, surprise.Saddam promised that if we attacked him he would use chemical weapons against us. Confession right out of his own mouth. I guess we took him at his word after denying possesion of them for so long. He used them against the Kurds several times so therefore he had the technology.

The WMD was only 1 of many points that led us to attack. I believe there were 17.
The reason we didn't, couldn't take him out in '91 was the rest of the Arab nations that allied theirselves with us. They only wanted Saddam out of Kuwait (spank our brother) not invade him to overthrow him (kill our brother). They admit they probably would have turned against us & fought on Iraq's side.

Nuff sed. There's been so many misconceptions about this whole war that it can drive this old soldier to drink.( And I don't)

After 9/11 our duly elected President promised that he would attack any country that harbored terrorists or terrorist training camps. I believe Coalition Forces found at least 20 in Iraq. Most were al qaeda but even if not terrorist are terrorist no matter what name they go by & most are aligned with other groups. Now we all know that Usama & Sadamm didn't like each other so how could Saddam allow Usama to operate in his country?...but "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" trumped everything.

Dude, I read half of your post, about why Oil is king!.. in reality, its not, its running out globally, and fast..... we need to get the likes of shell to release its plans for water hybrid engines.. that need a licking of petrol and a gallon of water and they will drive a car....

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"

Old 10-05-2007, 09:38 PM
Colonel

Quote:

Going to war for oil doesn't stop it from running out. What do you do then, without oil and earned enemies at the gate? How much will it cost to secure? What could we accomplish with that money through applying it to research as opposed to war?
Ethanol is inneficient...because were no good at using it yet. Oil usage was less efficient in the 1920's for eg., but after spending billions in research we got better at it. Alternative fuels need funding, science and open mindedness. Otherwise they will simply continue to be "alternatives".
Wind power. NIMBY syndrome at it's finest. "Those windmills are a great idea, as long as I can't see one from my house." Retarded.
I don't think Liberal Greens want us on horses. ...and Horse crap has been around for, well, a long bloody time and I don't think it's bringing us down.
Tell us more about Osama and Saddam working together.
The reason for "knowing" that Saddam had weapons of mass destruction on site is likely because he bought them from those who were supporting him during his campaign against Iran. I wonder???

Cheers

Old 10-05-2007, 11:57 PM
Major

Quote:

Al Qaeda was not operational in Iraq until after we invaded. However there were terror camps and many of them were of Saddam's own breeding. Saddam trained and funded terrorism but not Al Qaeda. Don't get me wrong I'm all for doing what we're doing in Iraq... and no it's not for oil, look at Iraq's geographic position along with Afghanistan they're on opposite ends of the biggest supporter of terrorists in the region... Iran. It's always been about putting Iran inbetween a rock and a hard place. Iraq didn't work out quite as planned, maybe our President should have listened to his commanders rather than Rumsfeld when warned about what was to come and the original amount of troops we invaded with. But that's all in the past...truth be told the security situation in Iraq is slowly but surely improving and their has been a 25% decrease in violence against civlians and Iraqi and Coalition troops since the surge strategy has been in effect.

If it was all about oil... there's plenty of it tucked away in Alaska which those liberals you mentioned are constantly fighting against drilling in the area.

"War is cruelty. There is no use trying to reform it. The crueler it is, the sooner it will be over" - Gen William T. Sherman

Last edited by onep0int; 10-06-2007 at 12:16 AM..

Old 10-06-2007, 04:12 AM
Major General

Quote:
Originally Posted by onep0int View Post
and no it's not for oil,
Greenspan thinks it is!

Quote:
look at Iraq's geographic position along with Afghanistan they're on opposite ends of the biggest supporter of terrorists in the region... Iran
It's always been about putting Iran inbetween a rock and a hard place.
Possibly, they have oil also!

Quote:
Iraq didn't work out quite as planned
Was there a plan?

Quote:
maybe our President should have listened to his commanders rather than Rumsfeld
Exactly! your president took the word of conman...... and ignored trained professionals. It would be funny if wasn't so serious a misjudgement!

Quote:
If it was all about oil... there's plenty of it tucked away in Alaska which those liberals you mentioned are constantly fighting against drilling in the area
Iraqs oil is low in sulphur (high quality) and easy to get at!