armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > Politics
User Name
Password

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

  #371  
Old 10-04-2007, 04:29 PM
Texas's Avatar
Texas Texas is offline
Major General
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 3,765
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo1 View Post

Exocets did have misfires in Brit ships but needless to say, the rocket did majority of real damage also.

.....
You're right HMS Glamorgan was hit . It failed to explode but caused a fire.
__________________
Reply With Quote

  #372  
Old 10-04-2007, 05:52 PM
Fireball's Avatar
Fireball Fireball is offline
Brigadier General
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: where big is best...
Posts: 2,481
Send a message via Yahoo to Fireball
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas View Post
....but caused a fire.
Is this where I come blazing in??

Fireball
__________________


-Fireball
Army Wife and mother of 3
Reply With Quote

  #373  
Old 10-05-2007, 05:49 PM
Spike's Avatar
Spike Spike is offline
Brigadier General
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Its very nice thank U
Posts: 2,739
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
Is this where I come blazing in??

Fireball
Ok just make sure you bring glasses
__________________
The peasant bourgeoisie and their self righteous inclinations are the wests cancer!
Reply With Quote

  #374  
Old 10-05-2007, 05:50 PM
Fireball's Avatar
Fireball Fireball is offline
Brigadier General
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: where big is best...
Posts: 2,481
Send a message via Yahoo to Fireball
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
Ok just make sure you bring glasses
Why you going to pass some gas.... ROFL
__________________


-Fireball
Army Wife and mother of 3
Reply With Quote

  #375  
Old 10-05-2007, 05:54 PM
Spike's Avatar
Spike Spike is offline
Brigadier General
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Its very nice thank U
Posts: 2,739
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
Why you going to pass some gas.... ROFL
NO , I'm just goonnna get smiissed
__________________
The peasant bourgeoisie and their self righteous inclinations are the wests cancer!
Reply With Quote

  #376  
Old 10-05-2007, 07:07 PM
MSG Glenn's Avatar
MSG Glenn MSG Glenn is offline
Brigadier General
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 2,729
Default

I hate to say because my son's over there but at this time I can't think of a better reason to go to war than for oil. What in the hell would we do without it? So far there is no viable substitute. Maybe in the future but not at this time. Using corn to make ethanol? that's a disaster. Does anyone realize how many food products are derived from corn? Kellogs Corn Flakes & Fritos! Beef cattle is going up in price due to the high price on feed corn. And half the world is starving. I could go on & on. Wind power? Even the "great conservationist" Al Gore won't allow them in his neighborhood. Nuclear power? Probably the cleanest & most efficient (read "cheapest".) Everyone is so scared of that because of all the propaganda against it. The Navy's been powering their ships with that for years.
The liberal green people would have us ride horses to work. But wait a minute - don't horses crap all over the place? POLLUTION!
The country that controls the oil rules the world. I can think of a lot worse rulers of the world
than the Democratic West.

By the way... there were vestigiges of WMD found in Iraq. There were artillery shells & bombs that could serve no other puposes than to transport chemicals. Explosives could not have been attached in any manner. Several of Saddam's top generals said that all of Iraq's chemical weapons & technology for nuclear weapons were convoyed to Syria when attack by coalition forces was imminent. Now Iran has gone leaps & bounds into the nuclear field. Surprise, surprise.Saddam promised that if we attacked him he would use chemical weapons against us. Confession right out of his own mouth. I guess we took him at his word after denying possesion of them for so long. He used them against the Kurds several times so therefore he had the technology.

The WMD was only 1 of many points that led us to attack. I believe there were 17.
The reason we didn't, couldn't take him out in '91 was the rest of the Arab nations that allied theirselves with us. They only wanted Saddam out of Kuwait (spank our brother) not invade him to overthrow him (kill our brother). They admit they probably would have turned against us & fought on Iraq's side.

Nuff sed. There's been so many misconceptions about this whole war that it can drive this old soldier to drink.( And I don't)

After 9/11 our duly elected President promised that he would attack any country that harbored terrorists or terrorist training camps. I believe Coalition Forces found at least 20 in Iraq. Most were al qaeda but even if not terrorist are terrorist no matter what name they go by & most are aligned with other groups. Now we all know that Usama & Sadamm didn't like each other so how could Saddam allow Usama to operate in his country?...but "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" trumped everything.
__________________
Proud Dad of a USArmy Ranger SFC - 3/75 Rangers
USNavy 1960-1966 Submarine Service, Navy Diver-UDT 21
USArmy 1980-2001 Airborne Infantry,G3, Army Instructor, Commo Instructor Company 1SG
Retired MSG
I was a Soldier. I am a Soldier. I will always be a Soldier.
Reply With Quote

  #377  
Old 10-05-2007, 08:45 PM
Exo1's Avatar
Exo1 Exo1 is offline
General of the Armies
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ireland (Ex Irish Army)
Posts: 10,457
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG Glenn View Post
I hate to say because my son's over there but at this time I can't think of a better reason to go to war than for oil. What in the hell would we do without it? So far there is no viable substitute. Maybe in the future but not at this time. Using corn to make ethanol? that's a disaster. Does anyone realize how many food products are derived from corn? Kellogs Corn Flakes & Fritos! Beef cattle is going up in price due to the high price on feed corn. And half the world is starving. I could go on & on. Wind power? Even the "great conservationist" Al Gore won't allow them in his neighborhood. Nuclear power? Probably the cleanest & most efficient (read "cheapest".) Everyone is so scared of that because of all the propaganda against it. The Navy's been powering their ships with that for years.
The liberal green people would have us ride horses to work. But wait a minute - don't horses crap all over the place? POLLUTION!
The country that controls the oil rules the world. I can think of a lot worse rulers of the world
than the Democratic West.

By the way... there were vestigiges of WMD found in Iraq. There were artillery shells & bombs that could serve no other puposes than to transport chemicals. Explosives could not have been attached in any manner. Several of Saddam's top generals said that all of Iraq's chemical weapons & technology for nuclear weapons were convoyed to Syria when attack by coalition forces was imminent. Now Iran has gone leaps & bounds into the nuclear field. Surprise, surprise.Saddam promised that if we attacked him he would use chemical weapons against us. Confession right out of his own mouth. I guess we took him at his word after denying possesion of them for so long. He used them against the Kurds several times so therefore he had the technology.

The WMD was only 1 of many points that led us to attack. I believe there were 17.
The reason we didn't, couldn't take him out in '91 was the rest of the Arab nations that allied theirselves with us. They only wanted Saddam out of Kuwait (spank our brother) not invade him to overthrow him (kill our brother). They admit they probably would have turned against us & fought on Iraq's side.

Nuff sed. There's been so many misconceptions about this whole war that it can drive this old soldier to drink.( And I don't)

After 9/11 our duly elected President promised that he would attack any country that harbored terrorists or terrorist training camps. I believe Coalition Forces found at least 20 in Iraq. Most were al qaeda but even if not terrorist are terrorist no matter what name they go by & most are aligned with other groups. Now we all know that Usama & Sadamm didn't like each other so how could Saddam allow Usama to operate in his country?...but "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" trumped everything.

Dude, I read half of your post, about why Oil is king!.. in reality, its not, its running out globally, and fast..... we need to get the likes of shell to release its plans for water hybrid engines.. that need a licking of petrol and a gallon of water and they will drive a car....
__________________
"Barrel High, Powder Dry!"

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"
Reply With Quote

  #378  
Old 10-05-2007, 09:38 PM
Common Sence's Avatar
Common Sence Common Sence is offline
Colonel
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 1,608
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG Glenn View Post
I hate to say because my son's over there but at this time I can't think of a better reason to go to war than for oil. What in the hell would we do without it? So far there is no viable substitute. Maybe in the future but not at this time. Using corn to make ethanol? that's a disaster. Does anyone realize how many food products are derived from corn? Kellogs Corn Flakes & Fritos! Beef cattle is going up in price due to the high price on feed corn. And half the world is starving. I could go on & on. Wind power? Even the "great conservationist" Al Gore won't allow them in his neighborhood. Nuclear power? Probably the cleanest & most efficient (read "cheapest".) Everyone is so scared of that because of all the propaganda against it. The Navy's been powering their ships with that for years.
The liberal green people would have us ride horses to work. But wait a minute - don't horses crap all over the place? POLLUTION!
The country that controls the oil rules the world. I can think of a lot worse rulers of the world
than the Democratic West.

By the way... there were vestigiges of WMD found in Iraq. There were artillery shells & bombs that could serve no other puposes than to transport chemicals. Explosives could not have been attached in any manner. Several of Saddam's top generals said that all of Iraq's chemical weapons & technology for nuclear weapons were convoyed to Syria when attack by coalition forces was imminent. Now Iran has gone leaps & bounds into the nuclear field. Surprise, surprise.Saddam promised that if we attacked him he would use chemical weapons against us. Confession right out of his own mouth. I guess we took him at his word after denying possesion of them for so long. He used them against the Kurds several times so therefore he had the technology.

The WMD was only 1 of many points that led us to attack. I believe there were 17.
The reason we didn't, couldn't take him out in '91 was the rest of the Arab nations that allied theirselves with us. They only wanted Saddam out of Kuwait (spank our brother) not invade him to overthrow him (kill our brother). They admit they probably would have turned against us & fought on Iraq's side.

Nuff sed. There's been so many misconceptions about this whole war that it can drive this old soldier to drink.( And I don't)

After 9/11 our duly elected President promised that he would attack any country that harbored terrorists or terrorist training camps. I believe Coalition Forces found at least 20 in Iraq. Most were al qaeda but even if not terrorist are terrorist no matter what name they go by & most are aligned with other groups. Now we all know that Usama & Sadamm didn't like each other so how could Saddam allow Usama to operate in his country?...but "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" trumped everything.
Going to war for oil doesn't stop it from running out. What do you do then, without oil and earned enemies at the gate? How much will it cost to secure? What could we accomplish with that money through applying it to research as opposed to war?
Ethanol is inneficient...because were no good at using it yet. Oil usage was less efficient in the 1920's for eg., but after spending billions in research we got better at it. Alternative fuels need funding, science and open mindedness. Otherwise they will simply continue to be "alternatives".
Wind power. NIMBY syndrome at it's finest. "Those windmills are a great idea, as long as I can't see one from my house." Retarded.
I don't think Liberal Greens want us on horses. ...and Horse crap has been around for, well, a long bloody time and I don't think it's bringing us down.
Tell us more about Osama and Saddam working together.
The reason for "knowing" that Saddam had weapons of mass destruction on site is likely because he bought them from those who were supporting him during his campaign against Iran. I wonder???

Cheers
__________________
Humans, a renewable resource?
Bumble Bees Die to sting you
Reply With Quote

  #379  
Old 10-05-2007, 11:57 PM
onep0int onep0int is offline
Major
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Miami
Posts: 1,109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG Glenn View Post

After 9/11 our duly elected President promised that he would attack any country that harbored terrorists or terrorist training camps. I believe Coalition Forces found at least 20 in Iraq. Most were al qaeda but even if not terrorist are terrorist no matter what name they go by & most are aligned with other groups. Now we all know that Usama & Sadamm didn't like each other so how could Saddam allow Usama to operate in his country?...but "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" trumped everything.

Al Qaeda was not operational in Iraq until after we invaded. However there were terror camps and many of them were of Saddam's own breeding. Saddam trained and funded terrorism but not Al Qaeda. Don't get me wrong I'm all for doing what we're doing in Iraq... and no it's not for oil, look at Iraq's geographic position along with Afghanistan they're on opposite ends of the biggest supporter of terrorists in the region... Iran. It's always been about putting Iran inbetween a rock and a hard place. Iraq didn't work out quite as planned, maybe our President should have listened to his commanders rather than Rumsfeld when warned about what was to come and the original amount of troops we invaded with. But that's all in the past...truth be told the security situation in Iraq is slowly but surely improving and their has been a 25% decrease in violence against civlians and Iraqi and Coalition troops since the surge strategy has been in effect.

If it was all about oil... there's plenty of it tucked away in Alaska which those liberals you mentioned are constantly fighting against drilling in the area.
__________________
"We do not negotiate with terrorists, we put them out of business." - Scott McClellan

"War is cruelty. There is no use trying to reform it. The crueler it is, the sooner it will be over" - Gen William T. Sherman

Last edited by onep0int; 10-06-2007 at 12:16 AM..
Reply With Quote

  #380  
Old 10-06-2007, 04:12 AM
Texas's Avatar
Texas Texas is offline
Major General
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 3,765
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by onep0int View Post
and no it's not for oil,
Greenspan thinks it is!


Quote:
look at Iraq's geographic position along with Afghanistan they're on opposite ends of the biggest supporter of terrorists in the region... Iran
It's always been about putting Iran inbetween a rock and a hard place.
Possibly, they have oil also!

Quote:
Iraq didn't work out quite as planned
Was there a plan?

Quote:
maybe our President should have listened to his commanders rather than Rumsfeld
Exactly! your president took the word of conman...... and ignored trained professionals. It would be funny if wasn't so serious a misjudgement!

Quote:
If it was all about oil... there's plenty of it tucked away in Alaska which those liberals you mentioned are constantly fighting against drilling in the area
Iraqs oil is low in sulphur (high quality) and easy to get at!
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:14 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    
·Contact Us   ·Legal   ·Privacy   ·Link To Us    ·Advertise With Us    ·About Us    ·Site Map     
     Copyright 2004-2019 Activv, LLC. All rights reserved. Armyreal.com is a service provided by Activv.
This website is not affiliated, endorsed, authorized, or associated in any way with any government, military or country.