armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Military Discussions > Armies of the World
User Name
Password

Old 10-02-2007, 01:44 PM
Major General

Quote:
Originally Posted by onep0int View Post
I personally think war between us and China is inevitable.
I personally think that is an amusing opinion You're better than that onepoint!

Old 10-02-2007, 08:35 PM
Brigadier General

which korea? which China? Taiwan?

okay... lets make a bet..
we will go to war with United States..
and you will give me a sandwich...
no... that doesn't work.....

Old 10-02-2007, 10:33 PM
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas View Post
I personally think that is an amusing opinion You're better than that onepoint!

Hey... China has stated time and time again that force is an option in getting Taiwan back, and we're bound to protect Taiwan by the Taiwanese Relations Act.

So... I think it will eventually happen. China is placing itself militarily in the position to pose a threat to us. They're modernizing their military when none of their neighbors pose them a threat. They're in the process of building aircraft carriers, which are only used for the projection of power. So... I definitely see it happening.

"War is cruelty. There is no use trying to reform it. The crueler it is, the sooner it will be over" - Gen William T. Sherman

Old 10-03-2007, 05:21 PM
Major General

Quote:
Hey... China has stated time and time again that force is an option in getting Taiwan back, and we're bound to protect Taiwan by the Taiwanese Relations Act.

So... I think it will eventually happen. China is placing itself militarily in the position to pose a threat to us. They're modernizing their military when none of their neighbors pose them a threat. They're in the process of building aircraft carriers, which are only used for the projection of power. So... I definitely see it happening.
They wanted Hong kong back as well and got it and 10 years on haven't effed it up !....Taiwan is Chinese so if they can make an agreement, Good for them !

Old 10-05-2007, 01:19 PM
Major

Quote:
They wanted Hong kong back as well and got it and 10 years on haven't effed it up !....Taiwan is Chinese so if they can make an agreement, Good for them !
Considering Taiwan has no interest of it I doubt there will be an agreement. Especially when Taiwan knows we're bound by the Act to step in on their behalf. Hong Kong also belonged to Britian Taiwan belongs to the Taiwanese government they claimed their independece when the Communist revolution happened in China.

"War is cruelty. There is no use trying to reform it. The crueler it is, the sooner it will be over" - Gen William T. Sherman

Old 10-05-2007, 04:13 PM
Major General

Quote:
Considering Taiwan has no interest of it I doubt there will be an agreement. Especially when Taiwan knows we're bound by the Act to step in on their behalf. Hong Kong also belonged to Britian Taiwan belongs to the Taiwanese government they claimed their independece when the Communist revolution happened in China.
So why is that America's problem? You're interfering in Chinese affairs. How would you like it if they started backing Cuba?

Old 10-05-2007, 08:46 PM
First Sergeant

Quote:
So why is that America's problem? You're interfering in Chinese affairs. How would you like it if they started backing Cuba?
What makes you think they don't already?

Old 10-05-2007, 11:21 PM
Major

Quote:
We've supported and armed Taiwan since they claimed their independence. It's been our problem since then. And China already backs Venezuela who backs Cuba, infact China back's just about every anti U.S. country out there (Iran, NK, Venezuela ect..). And even if they started directly backing Cuba it would not bother me in the least, we're not trying to take over Cuba, China on the other hand wants to make Taiwan a part of China.

Old 10-06-2007, 03:11 AM
Major General

Quote:
We've supported and armed Taiwan since they claimed their independence.
They wouldn't have any independence if the US hadn't backed Chiang

Quote:
It's been our problem since then
Because you made it your problem.

Quote:
And China already backs Venezuela who backs Cuba,
China buys Venezuelan oil , So?

Quote:
infact China back's just about every anti U.S. country out there (Iran, NK, Venezuela ect..).
No it doesn't. China does not want a nuclear Iran anymore than you do. NK is a thorn in China's side

Quote:
we're not trying to take over Cuba,
Absolutely not. Gauntanamo is very convenient. Leave well alone.lol

Quote:
China on the other hand wants to make Taiwan a part of China
Taiwan is in China.

Old 10-06-2007, 03:12 AM
Major General

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBMcCain View Post
What makes you think they don't already?
What makes you think they do?