armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Military Discussions > General Military Discussions
User Name
Password

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

  #1  
Old 10-01-2007, 07:25 PM
onep0int onep0int is offline
Major
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Miami
Posts: 1,109
Default Update on the Riverines...

It's been awhile since I posted on here and I usually throw some stuff up about the Navy's newest combat unit... so here it is.

[url]http://www.usmc.mil/marinelink/mcn2000.nsf/ac95bc775efc34c685256ab50049d458/daa63d9af2edb7608525731b0055da3b?OpenDocument&High light=2,riverine[/url]

[url]http://www.usmc.mil/marinelink/mcn2000.nsf/ac95bc775efc34c685256ab50049d458/1281b4dbaad6d6978525736200205d5a?OpenDocument&High light=2,riverine[/url]

I also find it funny how the Navy doesn't put these articles up, the Marine Corps does. So much for the thought that the Marines would not accept fighting Sailors to work with them.
__________________
"We do not negotiate with terrorists, we put them out of business." - Scott McClellan

"War is cruelty. There is no use trying to reform it. The crueler it is, the sooner it will be over" - Gen William T. Sherman
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old 10-01-2007, 07:45 PM
SniperAlpha1's Avatar
SniperAlpha1 SniperAlpha1 is offline
Colonel
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,776
Send a message via AIM to SniperAlpha1 Send a message via MSN to SniperAlpha1
Default

Dude, they look awesome, plus you need to clear your inbox for pms!
__________________
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM
Reply With Quote

  #3  
Old 10-01-2007, 07:47 PM
onep0int onep0int is offline
Major
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Miami
Posts: 1,109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperAlpha1 View Post
Dude, they look awesome, plus you need to clear your inbox for pms!
Inbox cleared.
__________________
"We do not negotiate with terrorists, we put them out of business." - Scott McClellan

"War is cruelty. There is no use trying to reform it. The crueler it is, the sooner it will be over" - Gen William T. Sherman
Reply With Quote

  #4  
Old 10-02-2007, 01:17 PM
Exo1's Avatar
Exo1 Exo1 is offline
General of the Armies
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ireland (Ex Irish Army)
Posts: 10,457
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by onep0int View Post
It's been awhile since I posted on here and I usually throw some stuff up about the Navy's newest combat unit... so here it is.

[url]http://www.usmc.mil/marinelink/mcn2000.nsf/ac95bc775efc34c685256ab50049d458/daa63d9af2edb7608525731b0055da3b?OpenDocument&High light=2,riverine[/url]

[url]http://www.usmc.mil/marinelink/mcn2000.nsf/ac95bc775efc34c685256ab50049d458/1281b4dbaad6d6978525736200205d5a?OpenDocument&High light=2,riverine[/url]

I also find it funny how the Navy doesn't put these articles up, the Marine Corps does. So much for the thought that the Marines would not accept fighting Sailors to work with them.
Good stuff Onepoint, sounds like a unit that gets cool assignments...
__________________
"Barrel High, Powder Dry!"

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"
Reply With Quote

  #5  
Old 10-02-2007, 10:49 PM
onep0int onep0int is offline
Major
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Miami
Posts: 1,109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo1 View Post
Good stuff Onepoint, sounds like a unit that gets cool assignments...
Tell me about it... I can't wait to join this unit.
__________________
"We do not negotiate with terrorists, we put them out of business." - Scott McClellan

"War is cruelty. There is no use trying to reform it. The crueler it is, the sooner it will be over" - Gen William T. Sherman
Reply With Quote

  #6  
Old 10-03-2007, 07:29 AM
Exo1's Avatar
Exo1 Exo1 is offline
General of the Armies
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ireland (Ex Irish Army)
Posts: 10,457
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by onep0int View Post
Tell me about it... I can't wait to join this unit.
Good man.. I like the sound of that... if you dont make it first time, try, try again.... never give in your goals and dreams..... and you will make it!!..

Exo
__________________
"Barrel High, Powder Dry!"

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"
Reply With Quote

  #7  
Old 10-03-2007, 11:13 AM
Tacky Tacky is offline
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: US
Posts: 1,520
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by onep0int View Post
I also find it funny how the Navy doesn't put these articles up, the Marine Corps does. So much for the thought that the Marines would not accept fighting Sailors to work with them.
Navy has been working with Marines in combat roles for years now (Corpsmen, EOD, etc), nothing new about that... it's just on a larger scale. The concept isn't a bad idea, but they need a lot of work - that will come in time.
Reply With Quote

  #8  
Old 10-03-2007, 12:58 PM
onep0int onep0int is offline
Major
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Miami
Posts: 1,109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacky View Post
Navy has been working with Marines in combat roles for years now (Corpsmen, EOD, etc), nothing new about that... it's just on a larger scale. The concept isn't a bad idea, but they need a lot of work - that will come in time.
Indeed but there was alot of people saying at the time that the idea was brought up that the Marines would never allow Sailors to take over a role they originally had (although you can argue the Navy has been doing riverine warfare since the Revolutionary War and more recently Vietnam). Congress even complained about the creation of the NECC saying the Navy was trying to recreate the Marine Corps. Yet the Marines have taken to work along and with this new unit just fine, a unit that is doing the same thing the Marines of the old Small Craft Company did.
__________________
"We do not negotiate with terrorists, we put them out of business." - Scott McClellan

"War is cruelty. There is no use trying to reform it. The crueler it is, the sooner it will be over" - Gen William T. Sherman

Last edited by onep0int; 10-03-2007 at 01:04 PM..
Reply With Quote

  #9  
Old 10-03-2007, 01:34 PM
onep0int onep0int is offline
Major
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Miami
Posts: 1,109
Default

[url]http://www.usmc.mil/marinelink/mcn2000.nsf/main5/0FC7665F982509C9852573690027A99F?opendocument[/url]

A new article as of today.
__________________
"We do not negotiate with terrorists, we put them out of business." - Scott McClellan

"War is cruelty. There is no use trying to reform it. The crueler it is, the sooner it will be over" - Gen William T. Sherman
Reply With Quote

  #10  
Old 10-03-2007, 02:48 PM
Exo1's Avatar
Exo1 Exo1 is offline
General of the Armies
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ireland (Ex Irish Army)
Posts: 10,457
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by onep0int View Post
[url]http://www.usmc.mil/marinelink/mcn2000.nsf/main5/0FC7665F982509C9852573690027A99F?opendocument[/url]

A new article as of today.
Good Article Bro.. can be a trick Job IMO... good job by the Navy boyz... as long as they dont get jumped like the Royal Navy did on open waters by the Iranians.....
__________________
"Barrel High, Powder Dry!"

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:37 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    
·Contact Us   ·Legal   ·Privacy   ·Link To Us    ·Advertise With Us    ·About Us    ·Site Map     
     Copyright 2004-2019 Activv, LLC. All rights reserved. Armyreal.com is a service provided by Activv.
This website is not affiliated, endorsed, authorized, or associated in any way with any government, military or country.