armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Enlistment Information
User Name
Password

Old 02-05-2009, 11:37 AM
Private

Exclamation Need help figure out something before reenlisting.

Hi everyone

I have:

Honorable Discharge

Separation Authority: AR 635-200, PARA 5-13

Separation Code: JFX

Reentry Code: 3

Narrative Reason For Separation: Personality Disorder

My recruiter is willing to help me back in the Army but the problem is that they need the specific medical reasons for my discharge. Back then I was told that it was because I had Adult HDHD and now I don't have any documents that says that. Now I'm stuck because medicals take 2-3 months to get them in the mail.

I called the VA Record Management Center and was told that if it was for reenlistment purposes it takes 2-3 days.

Here is the catch. They can't provide me with my whole entire medical records but only what I specify that I need.

The problem is that I have no idea the name of the document or form that will have the summary of my medical/mental evaluation that was done for my discharge.

Anyone that can answer this would help me tremendously

Thank you all for your time

Old 02-05-2009, 01:53 PM
Brigadier General

Ask the Recruiter exactly which records you need. I've never had dealings with the VA.

I have absolutely no idea what Adult HDHD is. Does the Recruiter think you can get a waiver for it whatever it is?
Retired MSG
I was a Soldier. I am a Soldier. I will always be a Soldier.

Old 02-05-2009, 02:04 PM
Private

Exclamation !

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG Glenn View Post
Ask the Recruiter exactly which records you need. I've never had dealings with the VA.

I have absolutely no idea what Adult HDHD is. Does the Recruiter think you can get a waiver for it whatever it is?
Yes, recruiter says I can since I have provided them with a letter from my psychiatrist with the results of an evaluation saying I no longer have Adult Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder. Recruiter also mention that they will also put me through an evaluation at the MEPS. I wish there was a way to contact my local MEPS directly.

What documents will say why I was recommended for discharge with "Personality Disorder"

I'm looking for a form name or number that will have that information in my medical files

Tags
5-13, ar-635-200, jfx, personality disorder, re 3