armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Education
User Name
Password

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

  #11  
Old 07-22-2008, 09:16 PM
Fireball's Avatar
Fireball Fireball is offline
Brigadier General
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: where big is best...
Posts: 2,481
Send a message via Yahoo to Fireball
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny View Post
Wow, Fireball, I am thinking your undies may be too high up your butt.

Sorry, I just found this thread very offensive {by you}, unless I have exhaustion hitting me hard, I think your remarks were a tad bit over the top, and quite frankly, I didn't realize PM'ing someone = wrong impression.

And how will your rank be higher than scconwill's related to being a mother?

Lighten up Fireball, and yank the panties out sweetie. Sheesh!!
That's fine - we're all entitled to our own opinions and as you can see I have mine. Over the top is me. So get used to it. hehe I am not going to explain to you where my sarcasm is and where it isn't.

Just so you know... most guys on here know I don't wear panties... ROFL...

As for the rank... figure it out - you're very good at drawing conclusions.
__________________


-Fireball
Army Wife and mother of 3
Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old 07-22-2008, 09:20 PM
jenny jenny is offline
Sergeant
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 85
Default

scconwill, you seriously don't need to explain yourself to anyone guy.

You are a human being who reached out to another human being looking for an answer to a question.

I had no rights stepping into this thread, because quite frankly, I have not a clue what was being discussed, but I have very low tolerance for rudeness/ignorance.

Respect for {life} goes a long way where I am from, and whether you are a bum on the street corner, or a 5 star general you didn't do anything to provoke the response from a fellow member of this forum that was given to you.

Take good care and continue your studies...you will obviously go far in your life.
Reply With Quote

  #13  
Old 07-22-2008, 09:24 PM
jenny jenny is offline
Sergeant
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 85
Default

Yes, Fireball, I see you have many opinions, but I wonder if you read what you write and see how you portray yourself, because it's truly not very becoming, but as you said, we all have opinions {thank goodness!}. On that note, I'm not sure where my conclusions fit with your rank, but quite frankly, I am going to go find that ignore button that I've read about in a number of threads on this forum, because I am not interested in wasting my time reading your sarcasm, rudeness, and just plain ignorance. So, no, I don't need to get used to your over the top stupidity to innocent people not causing drama etc.

Best wishes to you.
Reply With Quote

  #14  
Old 07-22-2008, 09:44 PM
Fireball's Avatar
Fireball Fireball is offline
Brigadier General
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: where big is best...
Posts: 2,481
Send a message via Yahoo to Fireball
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by scconwill View Post
When I accepted the Army ROTC scholarship I had to sign a contract with the U.S. Army. I signed a contract for 10 years (4 of witch I will serve while in college and the other 6 in the Active Army, National Guard, or Reserves). I received scholarship money, book money, living expenses, and a monthly payment that is equivalent to that of a E-5 in the reserves. I PT with my battalion every day, I participate in field training exercises, plus my duties with in the battalion. All of this coped with the fact that I am taking 15 hours a week of class and working 2 part-time jobs. I am a investment of the Army's and in there eyes I am just as much of a soldier as the rest of the Army if not better because the have hand selected me to be a leader. I hold responsibilities greater or equal to that of soldiers in the field now. I am not saying I am above anybody or below anybody, but I am a vital member of a team. I take in great offense when you say stuff like that. You have just spit in the face of every cadet in the United States Army Cadet Corps. I apologize if I have offended you in any way. If you have anything else bad to say about me or the Corps of Cadets or me in general I strongly urge you to keep it to your self.
Whereas I appreciate all members of Armed Forces and the capacities that they serve...my point is with this thread - is that I do not agree with how you promote your 18 years old perspective as being equal or equivalent to those outside of ROTC. It was almost as if you are saying that because you have signed for 10 years you have seeped in that experience level already.

You have a long way to go from those leadership abilities you speak so highly of....

I guess this is why I hear over and over from varying ranks (Officer, Enlisted, as well as retired) "a typical ROTC (aka ROTZI) attitude". It is not looked highly upon from those leaders we have associated with - and is only promoted and favored by ROTC cadets/ROTC leadership.

I would love to hear feedback from others I find it really interesting that most of you haven't responded to scconwill or I.... haha~ shocking for how vocal most of us are...

As for offending you - just remember... you protect my right to say things that may be offensive. You volunteered to die for people like me.
__________________


-Fireball
Army Wife and mother of 3
Reply With Quote

  #15  
Old 07-22-2008, 09:48 PM
Fireball's Avatar
Fireball Fireball is offline
Brigadier General
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: where big is best...
Posts: 2,481
Send a message via Yahoo to Fireball
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny View Post
Yes, Fireball, I see you have many opinions, but I wonder if you read what you write and see how you portray yourself, because it's truly not very becoming, but as you said, we all have opinions {thank goodness!}. On that note, I'm not sure where my conclusions fit with your rank, but quite frankly, I am going to go find that ignore button that I've read about in a number of threads on this forum, because I am not interested in wasting my time reading your sarcasm, rudeness, and just plain ignorance. So, no, I don't need to get used to your over the top stupidity to innocent people not causing drama etc.

Best wishes to you.
I am glad you let that all out... would hate for you to have held those feelings in any longer.


Best wishes to you as well.
__________________


-Fireball
Army Wife and mother of 3
Reply With Quote

  #16  
Old 07-23-2008, 04:58 AM
scconwill's Avatar
scconwill scconwill is offline
First Lieutenant
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Florence Alabama
Posts: 718
Send a message via AIM to scconwill
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
Whereas I appreciate all members of Armed Forces and the capacities that they serve...my point is with this thread - is that I do not agree with how you promote your 18 years old perspective as being equal or equivalent to those outside of ROTC. It was almost as if you are saying that because you have signed for 10 years you have seeped in that experience level already.

You have a long way to go from those leadership abilities you speak so highly of....

I guess this is why I hear over and over from varying ranks (Officer, Enlisted, as well as retired) "a typical ROTC (aka ROTZI) attitude". It is not looked highly upon from those leaders we have associated with - and is only promoted and favored by ROTC cadets/ROTC leadership.

I would love to hear feedback from others I find it really interesting that most of you haven't responded to scconwill or I.... haha~ shocking for how vocal most of us are...

As for offending you - just remember... you protect my right to say things that may be offensive. You volunteered to die for people like me.
I want you to keep all of this in the back of your mind next time you are passing judgment on any cadet.

1. 98% of officers were once cadets, and for them to say they don't look highly upon the can do attitude of cadets is extremely hipocritical.

2. I will be a officer in 3 years. That means the Army/Entire Government trust ME to lead men/women into combat situations where they could loose there life. Also just remember your husband is led into combat by a former cadet who had the "ROTZI attitude".

You know I have gotten to a point in my life where I don't really care about people calling me a ROTZI NAZI. I live through 4 years of high school being call that. I have had my uniform, car, office, and personal items vandalized just for the simple fact that I was a ROTC cadet. I have been hackled while raising the American flag, while drilling my cadets in 22-5, while preforming color guard/honor guards, but not once has any of that broke my discipline or motivation. Its that "can do" ROTC attitude, my pride, and my respect for the American flag that has kept me driving on while being hackled and disrespected by all. I might have been more offended in my earlier years but it has no effect on me now, because I know I have the Army's Higher ups respect and gratitude for the living hell I had to go through. I am only one of few 18 year old's who have stepped up and decided to defend a nation full of people who do not care or respect for us. You are just one of those people that I swear in my creed every day to protect against the evils of society. You are one of those people that I have come to realize there is no point in talking to because everything you say always comes back negative to me. Don't try and respond to this because I do not care to here what you think.

I am going to post a copy of our creed for you to read and think about. It has a underling meaning that most people do get.

The Cadet Creed was adopted in June 1988 to imbue Army Cadets with the values that are critical to success as cadets, and later as Army officers. The Creed is displayed at Headquarters, Cadet Command and at all region and cadet battalion headquarters. The Creed is brief but contains a profound message:

I am an Army Cadet. Soon I will take an oath and become an Army Officer committed to DEFENDING the values, which make this Nation great. HONOR is my touchstone. I understand MISSION first and PEOPLE always.

I am the PAST: the spirit of those WARRIORS who have made the final sacrifice.

I am the PRESENT: the scholar and apprentice soldier enhancing my skills in the science of warfare and the art of leadership.

But above all, I am the FUTURE: the future WARRIOR LEADER of the United States Army. May God give me the compassion and judgment to lead and the gallantry in battle to WIN.

What it all means

The Cadet Creed, in a few carefully selected words, explains what is expected of an Army cadet. The Cadet Creed is a key element in the traditions of the Reserve Officers' Training Corps. The following explanation, when appropriate, accompanies the reading of the Cadet Creed.

"DEFENDING the values which make the Nation great."

Cadets, when commissioned, take an oath to defend, with their lives when necessary, the Constitution of the United States of America. This document, created more than two centuries ago after our nation's valiant struggle for independence, is the keystone of our way of life. Our nation derives its strength from the consent of the governed. The basic tenets of our Constitution are that all people have certain natural inalienable rights, are born equal, and must be treated equal before the law. These are powerful words that have meaning only as long as we are willing to defend our value system as embodied in the Constitution. This, each Army cadet is honor-bound to do, both as a cadet and later as a commissioned officer.
Reply With Quote

  #17  
Old 07-23-2008, 05:08 AM
scconwill's Avatar
scconwill scconwill is offline
First Lieutenant
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Florence Alabama
Posts: 718
Send a message via AIM to scconwill
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny View Post
scconwill, you seriously don't need to explain yourself to anyone guy.

You are a human being who reached out to another human being looking for an answer to a question.

I had no rights stepping into this thread, because quite frankly, I have not a clue what was being discussed, but I have very low tolerance for rudeness/ignorance.

Respect for {life} goes a long way where I am from, and whether you are a bum on the street corner, or a 5 star general you didn't do anything to provoke the response from a fellow member of this forum that was given to you.

Take good care and continue your studies...you will obviously go far in your life.
Thank you because you are one of the only people that has shown me any form of respect.
Reply With Quote

  #18  
Old 07-23-2008, 08:40 PM
Fireball's Avatar
Fireball Fireball is offline
Brigadier General
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: where big is best...
Posts: 2,481
Send a message via Yahoo to Fireball
Default

>>I live through 4 years of high school being call that. I have had my uniform, car, office, and personal items vandalized just for the simple fact that I was a ROTC cadet.<<

You aren't getting it... it has nothing to do with you being an ROTC cadet... it ALL has to do with the attitude and arrogance that you portray because of your ROTC experiences. There is a way to be a leader without shouting it. True leaders don't have to declare their leadership.

As for my husband being led into combat... he is actually being led by guys from West Point. My only hope is that no matter WHAT training background my husband's leaders come from - they will portray less arrogance and don't demand respect based solely on how they were trained. So far, we have been extremely blessed that all his leadership has been AMAZING. I know A LOT of that has to do with how they work with their NCOs and the respect they have for their men - regardless of if they were "hand picked" or a good ole country boy with no military background who devotes all his energy to the work load given.

You can recite all the statistics you want to me and the paste the Creed... but until your arrogance changes it means nothing to me. I do not see you in that Creed like you see yourself. I see a cadet with humility citing this - something I have yet to experience with you on this board like I have with others. Maybe that will change over time as you post.
__________________


-Fireball
Army Wife and mother of 3
Reply With Quote

  #19  
Old 07-23-2008, 08:41 PM
Fireball's Avatar
Fireball Fireball is offline
Brigadier General
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: where big is best...
Posts: 2,481
Send a message via Yahoo to Fireball
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scconwill View Post
Thank you because you are one of the only people that has shown me any form of respect.
Glad you two newbies are bonding so well.
__________________


-Fireball
Army Wife and mother of 3
Reply With Quote

  #20  
Old 07-24-2008, 04:33 AM
scconwill's Avatar
scconwill scconwill is offline
First Lieutenant
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Florence Alabama
Posts: 718
Send a message via AIM to scconwill
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
>>I live through 4 years of high school being call that. I have had my uniform, car, office, and personal items vandalized just for the simple fact that I was a ROTC cadet.<<

You aren't getting it... it has nothing to do with you being an ROTC cadet... it ALL has to do with the attitude and arrogance that you portray because of your ROTC experiences. There is a way to be a leader without shouting it. True leaders don't have to declare their leadership.

As for my husband being led into combat... he is actually being led by guys from West Point. My only hope is that no matter WHAT training background my husband's leaders come from - they will portray less arrogance and don't demand respect based solely on how they were trained. So far, we have been extremely blessed that all his leadership has been AMAZING. I know A LOT of that has to do with how they work with their NCOs and the respect they have for their men - regardless of if they were "hand picked" or a good ole country boy with no military background who devotes all his energy to the work load given.

You can recite all the statistics you want to me and the paste the Creed... but until your arrogance changes it means nothing to me. I do not see you in that Creed like you see yourself. I see a cadet with humility citing this - something I have yet to experience with you on this board like I have with others. Maybe that will change over time as you post.
You know your one of those people that are always looking for a argument to stick your unwanted nose into. The simple fact is I have done nothing to provoke your initial response. Maybe the reason you are picking a fight with me is because you know I have a short temper and you know I will respond to it. This is one of the biggest things I half to work on in my journey to becoming a officer. We both are different in many ways and the same, but the major difference is I know when to stop. We both have egg on our face and I'm going to go wash mine off. Lets also remember here I showed no disrespect or rudness to you while you were in here. You are the one who is being disrespectful and rude to me. You started all of this so I'm going to end this. So I hope you have a wonderful day, and stay frosty.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:31 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    
·Contact Us   ·Legal   ·Privacy   ·Link To Us    ·Advertise With Us    ·About Us    ·Site Map     
     Copyright 2004-2019 Activv, LLC. All rights reserved. Armyreal.com is a service provided by Activv.
This website is not affiliated, endorsed, authorized, or associated in any way with any government, military or country.