armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Help and Assistance
User Name
Password

Old 05-08-2009, 04:43 PM
Recruit

Default Need Advice!

I need some help for my husband, who is deployed right now. He is being screwed BIG TIME!! Basically he has a really bad back injury (2 buldging disks, torn ligament, torn cartilage, and his saccrum is deformed) he was on a dead mans profile for 2 months before he deployed and of course they deployed him anyway. Well he gets over there and his physical therapist says that my hubby has abolutely no reason to be there b/c he can't carry a weapom, he can't wear his IBA, nothing! So the physical therapist talks to CoC and they suggest that my hubby see the bat. doc. Amazingly, the bat. doc says that there is absolutely nothing wrong with my hubby and takes him off profile completely! Hubby even had a copy of his MRI results and a statement from his doc stateside that says what is wrong with him and the bat. doc refused to look at it!!!! So now hubby is in constant pain, struggling through PT and of course because of the pain, he is failing his PT tests. He had a PT test today and failed it and his 1st Sgt tells him that they are gonna try to start his discharge papers or take his rank!!!! Is that even possible?? what should he do? Is there anything that I can do? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thank you so much!

Old 05-10-2009, 07:56 AM
Recruit

Wow....no one knows how to help?????

Old 05-10-2009, 08:22 AM
Brigadier General

Don't know what to tell ya, Jessi.

I know when I was a 1SG it was hard to tell the real thing from the malingerers. In Airborne Infantry there were always some injuries after a jump. I had to leave it to the Medical personnel because it was way above my training & my paygrade. I know how back problems can really make you suffer. When I was in the Navy I was to close to an underwater explosive charge & it turned my around & upside down about a month after the pic in my avatar was taken. It was fun until I swam to shore & found I couldn't stand up. I had torn some ligaments in my sacroilliac, wound up in the hospital for a couple of months & after all these years it still bothers me occassionaly. Fortunately in all my Army years I never had to go on profile & light duty even with all the parachuting & PT. Never had a re-injury.
Retired MSG
I was a Soldier. I am a Soldier. I will always be a Soldier.

Old 05-11-2009, 08:04 AM
Sergeant First Class

Default Help!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessi875 View Post
I need some help for my husband, who is deployed right now. He is being screwed BIG TIME!! Basically he has a really bad back injury (2 buldging disks, torn ligament, torn cartilage, and his saccrum is deformed) he was on a dead mans profile for 2 months before he deployed and of course they deployed him anyway. Well he gets over there and his physical therapist says that my hubby has abolutely no reason to be there b/c he can't carry a weapom, he can't wear his IBA, nothing! So the physical therapist talks to CoC and they suggest that my hubby see the bat. doc. Amazingly, the bat. doc says that there is absolutely nothing wrong with my hubby and takes him off profile completely! Hubby even had a copy of his MRI results and a statement from his doc stateside that says what is wrong with him and the bat. doc refused to look at it!!!! So now hubby is in constant pain, struggling through PT and of course because of the pain, he is failing his PT tests. He had a PT test today and failed it and his 1st Sgt tells him that they are gonna try to start his discharge papers or take his rank!!!! Is that even possible?? what should he do? Is there anything that I can do? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thank you so much!

He needs to RUN, not walk to the Inspector Generals office immediatly!! He needs to inform his command that he is going to the IG before he goes. If everything you say is true, his case will be no problem at all. Did he hurt himself on Duty or was it a civillian thing?