armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Help and Assistance
User Name
Password

Old 05-15-2009, 01:24 PM
Recruit

Default Future soldier?

My DH is trying to enlist in the Army and as this couldn't please me more, I am trying to gather all of the information that I possibly can to make the transition into Army life as simple and easy for us (the DH and I have 2 children under 2) as possible.

I understand about most of the basic stuff and knew to ask the questions regarding pay and housing and duty stations and what not but I am CERTAIN that there are a lot of questions that I should be asking but simply don't know I should be asking them. This is where I need YOUR help. What are those questions?

For those of you that enlisted a short time ago, or those of you that remember the things that you wish you'd known going in (not that they would have changed your decision, only made your transition more smooth), I am hoping that you will share those questions and perhaps the answers with me so that I might be as prepared to make the leap from civilian life to Army life as easy on my family as possible.

Thanks in advance.

Old 05-26-2009, 08:50 AM
Brigadier General

It's been a long time since I went into the Army's enlistment process & longer still when I went into the Navy.

Has your husband seen a Recruiter yet? Recruiters ar pretty good on briefing you on what to expect during your Army service. Basic training, AIT & what you'll be doing in your unit can probably be answered. Pay, benefits, housing, dependant care, etc. are also good things to ask the Recruiter. He's there not only to enlist a soldier but to answer any questions he may have. If he doesn't know the answer offhand he has the resources to find out for you. There are many things that need to be asked before the big leap.
Retired MSG
I was a Soldier. I am a Soldier. I will always be a Soldier.