armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Help and Assistance
User Name
Password

Old 05-25-2009, 06:04 PM
Recruit

Default child support

my name is aletha smith and i want to know if i could get some information on how can i be able to receive child support payments for my son. yes me and the father were communicating about the payments but when it comes down to the date that i'm suppose to receive, he don't answer his phone or make up some kinds of excuses later on in the month. yes i do have court orders that he is to pay for child support but he does'nt abide by that paper at all. and i just want to know can i please get some kind of help, please. from what he told me he is stationed in wisconsin, milwaukee. he works up their for the army.

Old 05-25-2009, 10:03 PM
Corporal

Works for the Army as a civilian, or is stationed there as a Soldier? Your state should have a child support enforcement agency - I know mine does. You may even have to get a lawyer. Good luck to you!

Old 05-26-2009, 06:15 AM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by aletha smith View Post
my name is aletha smith and i want to know if i could get some information on how can i be able to receive child support payments for my son. yes me and the father were communicating about the payments but when it comes down to the date that i'm suppose to receive, he don't answer his phone or make up some kinds of excuses later on in the month. yes i do have court orders that he is to pay for child support but he does'nt abide by that paper at all. and i just want to know can i please get some kind of help, please. from what he told me he is stationed in wisconsin, milwaukee. he works up their for the army.
Where does he work? I'm in Milwaukee. I'm not too familiar with the child support laws in WI but I know we have them. I suggest that you call a JAG office & tell them about him. If you have all of the documentation that lists him as the father they'll get right on it. It worked for a lady in my church & several who I advised on this site. Each one is now collecting child support & if they live in an alimony state that too if they're divorced.
Retired MSG
I was a Soldier. I am a Soldier. I will always be a Soldier.