armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Help and Assistance
User Name
Password

Old 12-10-2008, 01:31 AM
Private

Default Camp Casey, Korea...what can you tell me?

I'm possibly PCSing to Korea in July. I was just wondering what you can guys can tell me to expect there, life in Korea, post, unit, living arrangements for SSG's, and some photos. I am Field Artillery so 1-15th FA is the unit I will most likely be going to. Thanks.

Old 05-23-2009, 02:47 AM
Recruit

casey is pretty cool.i been here since feb. easy place top make rank. the only bad thing is cant drive unless married,not allowed to go fishing haha,and cant understand half of what the locals are saying. just explore and take every opportunity you cna to expiernce. you came at the right time beautiful weather!

Old 05-23-2009, 06:53 PM
Sergeant First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisdude_05 View Post
I'm possibly PCSing to Korea in July. I was just wondering what you can guys can tell me to expect there, life in Korea, post, unit, living arrangements for SSG's, and some photos. I am Field Artillery so 1-15th FA is the unit I will most likely be going to. Thanks.
My guy is at Camp Casey right now! He's a tanker! You can go into town on the weekends...visit the bars and whatnot. **warning: if you have a girl who you want to stay loyal to, then watch out for the girls at the bars aka "drinkies." They want 2 things: drinks (of course) and your money (for a certain "deed"). Other than that, have fun!
There will be several 3- and 4-day weekend opportunities...usually after extremely tough work weeks though.
A new barrack has recently been finished, so I think many will have the opportunity to have their own room (maybe, not certain though). This web site has some information about Camp Casey as well.
If there is anything else you want to know, ask me and I can ask my guy and get you the information! Good luck!
[url]http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/facility/camp-casey.htm[/url]