armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Reserves
User Name
Password

Old 04-28-2009, 06:19 PM
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmedik View Post
I would encourage you to try and get the M6 schooling if you can get it. The way it works is they usually take the top 5 or 10% of the 68W course and give them the option to go to M6 school. You might need to be aware that the school is a year long. It is broken up into 2 phases. First pahse is at Ft. Sam Houston Texas and the second phase could be anywhere where the Army has a full blown Hospital. You could stary at Ft. Sam but i did my 1st phase there and was sent to Ft. Gordon Ga. for phase 2. You dont get the choice. I will tell you that the Army M6 school is extremely hard..We had a test about every 3 days for a year. Fail one test you get to retest..fail the retest and your gone!! We started with 128 Soldiers and graduated 62. I wouldnt ever volunteer to do it again but I promise you that you will heads and shoulders above any LPN out there and better than most R.N.'s in your knowledge and skills.

Good Luck
My LPN school I am in is a little worse than that. We have to maintain a 77 in all individual classes. No rounding either. If you have a 76.8 . Your out. If you fail a test there is no retest. We have a test pretty much everyday. I know that prob sounds like I'm exaggerating, but I'm really not. We occasionally have a day without one, but most likely we do. We started with 52 and are down to 36 with just a little over on quarter to go. I'm not downplaying the M6 class, I just wanted to make it known that it is no the only hard nursing program out there.

Old 04-29-2009, 11:07 AM
Sergeant First Class

Default M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsbuzzy View Post
My LPN school I am in is a little worse than that. We have to maintain a 77 in all individual classes. No rounding either. If you have a 76.8 . Your out. If you fail a test there is no retest. We have a test pretty much everyday. I know that prob sounds like I'm exaggerating, but I'm really not. We occasionally have a day without one, but most likely we do. We started with 52 and are down to 36 with just a little over on quarter to go. I'm not downplaying the M6 class, I just wanted to make it known that it is no the only hard nursing program out there.

I understand what you are saying but do you have to show up every morning @0430 and do calesthenics and then go for a five mile run. After that do you have to stand in formation for over 30 minutes while your instructor does a uniform inspection. Do you have to have a dress green inspection once a month. Do you have to maintain a acceptable level of physical fitness and a weight standard. Do you have to have your living quarters inspected periodically and test out on basic Soldier skills every 3 months? Do you have to stand at parade rest when addressing a superior or call" at ease" or "attention" when a instructor walks into the room. Do you have to maintain a acceptable level of marksmanship with a assault rifle and demonstrate acceptable levels of field living for weeks at a time in the middle of nowhere? Do you have to drop down and do push-ups every time you speak out of line or make a mistake? If you have to do all this while carrying a incredible course load then I agree...your course is hard. If not then I dont think so!

Old 04-29-2009, 01:41 PM
Private

I wasn't referring to the physical stuff, I just meant the course load. One funny thing is they did make us stand and inspect our uniforms down to our socks making sure we were in code up to the last detail. After the first few weeks we were allowed to just wear normal clothes to the class. Clinicals we still have to wear the uniforms.