armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Education
User Name
Password

Old 06-08-2008, 08:40 PM
Recruit

Default Loan repayment after Medical Disch....

I was in the Army Reserves between Jan. 1997 until Oct. 2003.. I was originally entitled(in my contract) to recieve up to $10,000 in student loans repayment. I never recieved any type of repayment due to my unit giving bad info or lack of in other words. Im wanting to know if there is any way possible to still recieve my $10k in student loan repayment after my term of service? I have around $9k in students loans that was accrued while i was in service and I was under the assumption that the paperwork i was filling out was the correct process to recieve payment.
I was activated my last 9 months of my term and released on a medical that was not service related. I just recently talked to a servicemen who explained to me that I was still eligable for student loan repayment whether i was currently in service or not. Im not sure who to ask but any information would be greatly appreciated.

Old 06-25-2008, 08:35 AM
Staff Sergeant

I am not one of the people here who may have better knowledge then me. But if you really want true infomation I would go to a base and talked to somebody that has real knowledge. I am sur that there is a true office with someone in he Army that can help you figure that one out. It may have been a paper not being sign in the right place or even a form that didn't get filled out right.

But waiting for somebody to give you the answer here won't help you any.