armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Education
User Name
Password

Old 01-26-2005, 12:14 AM
stevenbeck_710

Default What does the army have to offer for a college grad interested in law school?

I am curious what the army has to offer? I am a 24 year old applying to law schools for August of 2005. I would like to get some information about the, if any, program for prospective law students. All options are open right now? Information on tuition reimbursement/pay and what the army has to offer a college grad?
Thanks.

Old 06-10-2005, 03:52 PM
Sergeant

You'll have to contact a military recruiter to get more information in regards to law school. I'd imagine there's a good line for prospective law students. I do believe that the military is after more basic, infantry soldiers than anything else right now.

Old 09-26-2005, 01:44 AM
Recruit

Send a message via MSN to catyrg Send a message via Yahoo to catyrg
Default Flep

Steven,

Actually right now the United States Army is desperately seeking leadership and is seeking qualified candidates for Officer Candidate School. Their enrollment in ROTC programs and Military Academies is disproportionate with the leadership they are requiring for deployment to high necessity areas right now (ie: Iraq, Kuwait, Afghanistan). Because of these needs and the risk associated with filling these needs, if you are qualified and you pass your OCS board, you can have a guaranteed OCS enlistment and an 8,000 USD lump sum bonus.

I joined the Army as an OCS candidate because of FLEP; Funded Legal Education Program which is available to 25 outstanding officers each year with 2 to 6 years of commissioned service. They will pay for your entire legal education and all you have to do is pay back those 3 years in service to the JAG corps. If you need more info, feel free to PM me. I've researched this quite intricately and am set to leave for training on October 18th. I have an MBA and am currently taking a Kaplan LSAT prep course. I am scheduled for the LSAT on Oct 1st. I want to have all loose ends tied before commissioning.