armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Education
User Name
Password

Old 09-21-2005, 01:15 PM
Private First Class

Unhappy

My little sister is going to be fine. She's like me, she has VERY weak ankles. But they only gave my uncle until the end of the month. this is his fourth or fifth heartattack just this year.
Amy Marie
Why is it that you look down on me? Why am I such a disgrace to you? Why do you hate me so much? This is what I have to choose. I know that you may miss me. I remember the promise I made to you too. But now that we're over, I know that this is what I want to do.

Old 09-21-2005, 01:29 PM
First Sergeant

Send a message via AIM to Chickenhawk Send a message via Yahoo to Chickenhawk

I'm so sorry to hear that. I know how you must be feeling. I lost two of my uncles within a week of each other in January. They were extremely close to each other, and we (our family) were not as close as we should have been, considering they lived less than 10 miles away. My one uncle was like 98 and still driving a car. But he had an operation on something and never fully recovered. The second uncle died, I think, from a broken heart and the stress of having lost a brother, along with another unknown cause.
"SOLDIER" I was that which others did not want to be. I went where others feared to go and did what others failed to do...At least someday I will be able to say that I was proud of what I was...a soldier. (excerpt) ---Captain George Skypeck, U.S. Army---

Old 09-21-2005, 01:37 PM
Private First Class

He's acttually my great uncle, but I consider him my uncle since he's only a few years older than my mom. he's 46 and the doctor's told him last fall that he was in great health. I just don't know what went wrong.
Amy Marie
Why is it that you look down on me? Why am I such a disgrace to you? Why do you hate me so much? This is what I have to choose. I know that you may miss me. I remember the promise I made to you too. But now that we're over, I know that this is what I want to do.

Old 09-21-2005, 03:33 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyMarie
Could I enlist and serve in the Reserves if I'm still Attending high school?

Amy Marie
Yes, call your local recruiter and ask about the "Split-Option" program. This allows you to enlist your Jr. year .. attend basic the summer between your Jr and Senior year. You must have parental consent.

Old 09-22-2005, 07:17 AM
Private First Class

Thanx, but is there ANY way I can get it to where my mom doesn't have to sign?