armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Mobilization & Deployment
User Name
Password

Old 09-24-2007, 01:03 PM
Sergeant First Class

yeah I know and I try to remamber that ... Hey while your on I have a quick question.... Is there like a way I can get a job like army spouse job help or anything haha I know dumb question but I WANT A JOB!!!!! Expecully since Josh is going to IRAQ what am i going to do ALL DAY!!

Old 09-24-2007, 01:45 PM
Brigadier General

Send a message via Yahoo to Fireball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Wills View Post
yeah I know and I try to remamber that ... Hey while your on I have a quick question.... Is there like a way I can get a job like army spouse job help or anything haha I know dumb question but I WANT A JOB!!!!! Expecully since Josh is going to IRAQ what am i going to do ALL DAY!!
Yes, there are employment stations on post that will help find you a job. Did you say you had to quit you're job because of a high risk pregnancy?

-Fireball
Army Wife and mother of 3

Old 09-24-2007, 03:31 PM
Sergeant First Class

O MY GOSH i thought that you could do that BUT i didnt know for sure... Yes my doctor made me quit my job because i worked in a place that was like 98 degress all the time... But she said i can get a lill job if i wanted (i dont want to just sit at home while josh is in Iraq...) I dont have to work FULL TIME i just want a lill job

Old 09-24-2007, 04:01 PM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Wills View Post
O MY GOSH i thought that you could do that BUT i didnt know for sure... Yes my doctor made me quit my job because i worked in a place that was like 98 degress all the time... But she said i can get a lill job if i wanted (i dont want to just sit at home while josh is in Iraq...) I dont have to work FULL TIME i just want a lill job
Well, just go to your nearest post's career center. Have you thought about going to school instead? That way you are busy and moving forward with options for the future? I personally (after working the past 10 years) want to sit around (not really) and fill my days with kids laughing, community service and work-outs/sports... hahahaha BUT TO EACH ITS OWN. I love having no one to answer to, but staying busy! Have you thought about volunteering at the local MWR?

Fire

-Fireball

Old 09-24-2007, 05:09 PM
Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
Well, just go to your nearest post's career center. Have you thought about going to school instead? That way you are busy and moving forward with options for the future? I personally (after working the past 10 years) want to sit around (not really) and fill my days with kids laughing, community service and work-outs/sports... hahahaha BUT TO EACH ITS OWN. I love having no one to answer to, but staying busy! Have you thought about volunteering at the local MWR?

Fire
You're right to each his own...I don't really wanyt to work. Well I do...but I don't. I have a problem of once I larn how to do something...I lose interest in it. Hence I hate working...it doesn't keep me interested long enough. I have no use for jobs once I learn them. Well unless it's in the med field where I can work with blood. Ok sounds gross. but hey it's what I like, you know? Secondly...my mind tends to do more thinking on missing my hubby, and how he's doing, and what not, when I'm on a job, compaired to when I'm at home. Now that I don't get one bit, BUT OH WELL. I'm just an odd person, I guess.

Old 09-24-2007, 09:12 PM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitika View Post
You're right to each his own...I don't really wanyt to work. Well I do...but I don't. I have a problem of once I larn how to do something...I lose interest in it. Hence I hate working...it doesn't keep me interested long enough. I have no use for jobs once I learn them. Well unless it's in the med field where I can work with blood. Ok sounds gross. but hey it's what I like, you know? Secondly...my mind tends to do more thinking on missing my hubby, and how he's doing, and what not, when I'm on a job, compaired to when I'm at home. Now that I don't get one bit, BUT OH WELL. I'm just an odd person, I guess.
YES! I agree with the constantly thinking and daydreaming... I need to be moving to get my mind off things and a desk job doesn't do much for me. that is why the gym was awesome for me... I would be there for an hour to an hour and a half and it was GREAT!

-Fireball

Old 09-25-2007, 08:53 AM
Sergeant First Class

I am actully fixing to start going to school online but I am the type of person that has to stay busy or I get bored and lazy (and I just fatter and fatter haha ) but I just really like to work and stay busy all the time and I know that when the baby comes I am going to be OVER WELLMED but thats kinda when I do my best....

Old 09-28-2007, 10:22 AM
Second Lieutenant

Default They can and will deploy!

My son went into Boot Camp in April, graduated in August, arrived at Forth Lewis immediately after boot camp, and is on his way to Iraq next Saturday. My problem is that he was told he could take a quick leave before deploying the rest of his unit had already had theirs. He made reservations, they changed his leave, we changed the reservations, they changed again, we changed again, and now almost $1000 later, they have taken it away completely. I tell my son that it's the Army and he has to be tough and trust that they know what they are doing, but my blood is boiling right now!!! What recourse does he have???

Old 09-28-2007, 06:42 PM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txmom42 View Post
What recourse does he have???
Little or none.
Somehow sometime his SGT might make it up to him, not moneywise but there are ways.
It was probably out of the hands of the one who promised him. They probably need him to get up to speed before deployment. Hopefully it'll turn out to be in his own best interest.
Retired MSG
I was a Soldier. I am a Soldier. I will always be a Soldier.

Old 12-12-2007, 07:43 PM
Private

Send a message via Yahoo to anna
Wink It could

He could go. But when they tell you that they are going it will be hard. And it may seem like a long time to be away from one another. But really the time goes by fast. He'll be home in no-time. I got engaged to a soldier. And they called him to Iraq. And it seems as if he could come home at any time. They say if you are going to be deployed you really don't know for how long you would be over there. They can say a year. But they could come home in six months. That may seem long. But with all the acttiveties you are doing. It goes by. Just hang in there. If you need some one to talk to we are here for you.