armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Military Discussions > Armies of the World
User Name
Password

Old 03-18-2006, 11:03 AM
Second Lieutenant

all of this are just stereotypes, black = enduring, english = business, german = fighter, french = lover, jew = monay, american = patriotic, russian = resisting etc
I propose to you to mix them to obtain a new race the superhuman ! but i doubt in my chances of success :x

Old 03-18-2006, 12:44 PM
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim76
all of this are just stereotypes, black = enduring, english = business, german = fighter, french = lover, jew = monay, american = patriotic, russian = resisting etc
I propose to you to mix them to obtain a new race the superhuman ! but i doubt in my chances of success :x

lol so we would have an enduring-loving-fighter who likes money and is a resisting patriotic businessman lol just imagine the guys uniform

Old 03-18-2006, 05:13 PM
Sergeant First Class

uniform:
head: sunglasses
torso: bussiness suit
thong
gun
briefcase full of cash
umbrella e.b.g.f (elite bussiness jigalo fighter)

tomorrows warrior

Old 03-18-2006, 06:07 PM
First Sergeant

and a big dick innit ..... hes got some Black genes in him lol.

Old 03-19-2006, 03:52 AM
Major General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas
You obviously know little .
The Australian army is increasing in size and updating its tanks with the M1A1 (AIM) Abrams, a modern tank capability that will ensure Australia maintains a supportable, survivable and interoperable tank capability.Also they are equiping themselves with new IMV's and have started modifications to 350 M113A1 vehicles to a higher standard .The 'Tiger' ARH will provide a new reconnaissance and fire support capability for the land force .I won't go on about the new artillery system,TUAV program, development of a holistic battlespace communications architecture for the land environment etc because by now you clearly realise you were talking total crap !

And so in YOUR words "I hate it when people make an argument without doing ANY research".
UPDATE

A request for tender (RfT) has been released to weapon manufacturers to supply the Australian Army with a new long-range 81 mm mortar. This will replace the UK-made F2 81 mm mortar introduced in the 1960s, which has reached the limit of its life of type.

Old 03-19-2006, 10:15 AM
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurusch
Anyway, I don't believe there are any 'best' fighters. There are well trained armies and lousy armies. Well led and badly led. I think someone's already said that the fiercest fighters are those defending their home territory, whether they win or not doesn't change that. The way an army fights is also to do with time and place, IE circumstances. Hitlers army were roused to believe they had god on their side, then, when they experienced their initial victories, they (and many enemy armies) began to believe they were invincible. With regard to the circumstances, Hitlers generals, when they first entered Poland knew that they were stronger and had the new concept of blitzreig. They also knew that the back-stabbing Soviets were gonna take half of Poland. They absolutely did not have every confidence that the invasion of Belgium and France was a foregone conclusion but Hitler said go, and go they did. They threw everything into the battle, including (and this is often forgotten) mounted and bicycle troops. The German generals completely outsmarted the French and the British Expeditionary Force Command. Also bear in mind that unlike WW1, the British knew that if France fell, the Luftwaffe would come after them. So British fighters, (mainly Hurricanes) were not put at as much risk as the French, and were withdrawn when the RAF thought they'd already lost too many. These circumstance again, forced the French to sue for peace. From then on, the Wermacht truly believed that nothing could stop them. And for a long time, nothing did.
I'll use the British army as my example: as it is made up of different nationalities ('races'), who have the same training, motivation, equipment, and leadership. Despite this, however, the performance of the different countries in war varies considerably, and has continuously followed the same trend.
Using the Scottish and English soldiers here; the Scots have always outshone the english in battle:
70% of the SAS is Scottish
The Scots were nicknamed the "ladies from hell" by the germans (the kilts = ladies), "the highland furies" by the french, "the red devils" by the russians, etc. The english have had no such luck.
The Scots have always been at the front of the british army: they were charged with the most difficult operations in the Falklands (taking on the Argentine marines), chosen over even the marines and paras; the Scots were the first into Iraq (look here, taking into account the recruiting areas on the right of the page [url]http://www.army.mod.uk/rac/Nuclear_Biological_and_Chemical_NBC_/1st_Royal_Tank_Regiment.htm[/url]) they led the british during the imperial campaigns; my grandpa's highland regiment was even made to stay behind at dunkirk to defend the leaving troops, as they were considered 'the best' for the job. Winston Churchill also called them "the finest soldiers in the world" after world war one.
I could go on all day.
You've got your own lysenkoist theories on the german performance in WW2, but explain why they fought so well in WW1, explain why the fought so well against the french in the franco-prussian war, explain how they defeated the romans, when no one else could. The thing is, they've never actually fought badly.
Then, the italians, as an example of the opposite - there isn't a time when they actually fought well. The British beat the whole Italian army in North Africa, losing only 500 men. Could the Germans theoretically have performed just as badly? Nope.

PS, js_bigmac isn't actually funny. It makes you look like a nigel, nigel.

Last edited by js_mac; 03-19-2006 at 10:18 AM..

Old 03-19-2006, 10:22 AM
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalmarinehopefull
uniform:
head: sunglasses
torso: bussiness suit
thong
gun
briefcase full of cash
umbrella e.b.g.f (elite bussiness jigalo fighter)

tomorrows warrior
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, omfg, that is hilarious!

I feel so bad for 'going off topic' now - this thread so enlightening.... and FVCKING FUNNY

Old 03-19-2006, 04:14 PM
First Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by js_mac
I'll use the British army as my example: as it is made up of different nationalities ('races'), who have the same training, motivation, equipment, and leadership. Despite this, however, the performance of the different countries in war varies considerably, and has continuously followed the same trend.
Using the Scottish and English soldiers here; the Scots have always outshone the english in battle:
70% of the SAS is Scottish
The Scots were nicknamed the "ladies from hell" by the germans (the kilts = ladies), "the highland furies" by the french, "the red devils" by the russians, etc. The english have had no such luck.
The Scots have always been at the front of the british army: they were charged with the most difficult operations in the Falklands (taking on the Argentine marines), chosen over even the marines and paras; the Scots were the first into Iraq (look here, taking into account the recruiting areas on the right of the page [url]http://www.army.mod.uk/rac/Nuclear_Biological_and_Chemical_NBC_/1st_Royal_Tank_Regiment.htm[/url]) they led the british during the imperial campaigns; my grandpa's highland regiment was even made to stay behind at dunkirk to defend the leaving troops, as they were considered 'the best' for the job. Winston Churchill also called them "the finest soldiers in the world" after world war one.
I could go on all day.
You've got your own lysenkoist theories on the german performance in WW2, but explain why they fought so well in WW1, explain why the fought so well against the french in the franco-prussian war, explain how they defeated the romans, when no one else could. The thing is, they've never actually fought badly.
Then, the italians, as an example of the opposite - there isn't a time when they actually fought well. The British beat the whole Italian army in North Africa, losing only 500 men. Could the Germans theoretically have performed just as badly? Nope.
Yep Scotts are tough ...... but you cant say they havent been defeated ..... EVERY one has been defeated .... but scots are formidable fighters no doubt in that.
And true again.... people in my country say that the Italians are the worst soldiers in the world .

Last edited by Lenin; 03-19-2006 at 04:19 PM..

Old 03-19-2006, 04:21 PM
Major General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenin
Yep Scotts are tough ...... but you cant say they havent been defeated ..... EVERY one has been defeated ..... and they didnt defeat the romans, the romans beat them pretty badly ..... but scots are formidable fighters no doubt in that.
And true again.... people in my country say that the Italians are the worst soldiers in the world .
Caledonia is the only part of the British mainland that wasn't conquered by the Romans .The Romans had the tactics and equipment . But the Highland Celts scared the **** out of them regardless !

Old 03-19-2006, 04:24 PM
First Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas
Caledonia is the only part of the British mainland that wasn't conquered by the Romans .The Romans had the tactics and equipment . But the Highland Celts scared the **** out of them regardless !
Sorry mate i miss read his post he was on bout the germanic tribes beating the romans