armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Mobilization & Deployment
User Name
Password

Old 03-12-2009, 11:08 PM
Colonel

Send a message via AIM to SniperAlpha1 Send a message via MSN to SniperAlpha1

Quote:
Originally Posted by missinhim View Post
wow. it was just a question. he has no knowledge of this kinda stuff. take a chill pill and relax! jeez.
It's a subject that he shouldn't have brought up. If he comes here for questions about the enlistment process, various MOSs or the works, we'll help. When he asks if there is a way to get around deployment, that ticks some off.

Old 03-12-2009, 11:20 PM
Private First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by missinhim View Post
wow. it was just a question. he has no knowledge of this kinda stuff. take a chill pill and relax! jeez.
Thank you.

Old 03-12-2009, 11:21 PM
Private First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperAlpha1 View Post
It's a subject that he shouldn't have brought up. If he comes here for questions about the enlistment process, various MOSs or the works, we'll help. When he asks if there is a way to get around deployment, that ticks some off.
Also that's not what I asked. I asked if there's some kind of emergency that you need to be home for will the army let you be with your family for that emergency.

Old 03-12-2009, 11:25 PM
First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperAlpha1 View Post
well im sure it does. but it was just a QUESTION? how is he ever gunna know if he doesn't asks. and you should calm down on him. and he has ever right to bring it up.

Old 03-12-2009, 11:26 PM
First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth keen View Post
Thank you.
YOUR WELCOME

if i had a question jeez idunno if i'd want to ask it i might be freaked out on.

Old 03-13-2009, 07:20 AM
Brigadier General

Obviously there are certain subjects that turn a switch on in certain people. Some of us who served in combat & went cheerfully & willingly, in other words followed orders without question, can find this question to be bothersome. It is a valid question I'll grant but lately, several months ago we had a discussion with a young man who wanted to join the Army very bad but was asking questions like which MOSs didn't get deployed & how he could get out of a deployment if his unit got called. That rankled a few of us on this forum & some are still touchy. I'm sure Kenneth didn't imply that he was hesitant about deploying but in light of a family emergency what chances would he have of being able to stay Stateside. That's at least what I gathered the gist of his question to be. I've communicated with Kenneth & he seems to be a sincere young man seriously thinking of enlisting but wanting to get all the facts before he takes the next step.

I'll make an open invitation to anyone who has a question they feel is controversial or is ashamed to ask it to send me a PM. I reserve the right to do some @ss-chewin' in private, though! The only stupid question is the one that goes unasked.

MSG Glenn
Retired MSG
I was a Soldier. I am a Soldier. I will always be a Soldier.

Old 03-13-2009, 07:45 AM
Captain

Not to start another tangent but it's a sensitive subject to some. Like MSG Glenn we've had a few who jump on here who want to serve but want to so do with strings attached.

For me personally, it burns me wrong because my husband is over there again. He's serving his country willingly, going away from me and my boys without complaint but then we get people jumping on here who want the bonus, the college money and the benefits but oh by the way, don't send me over there?

It's a red button for some. And really, this forum could be a good place to start growing thick skin, the Army isn't always so touchy feely.

Old 03-13-2009, 07:47 AM
Sergeant First Class

Default Deployment

Quote:
You just said that there's a lot of young soldier on this message board, so It'd just be common sense that you'd get these kinds of question. Going off on someone isn't an intelligent discussion let alone an intelligent response. Trying to find loopholes to the army's service is a bull crap state ment in my eye's. I have serious intentions on enlisting when I turn 18 so I want to know all the rules before I enlist. I could argue more, but I didn't come here to hear member's "Go off" on unexperienced members. So I'd feel much better if in the future I could just get a simple response to my questions. Thank you, and again apologize for arguing.

Yeah, your going to do great at basic training!

Old 03-13-2009, 12:15 PM
Private First Class

If I was going to avoid being deployed I wouldn't even think of joining the Army The only way to gain a proper education is to ask questions, even if you don't like them. We have the rights to ask about anything.

Old 03-13-2009, 12:51 PM
First Lieutenant

Quote:
If I was going to avoid being deployed I wouldn't even think of joining the Army The only way to gain a proper education is to ask questions, even if you don't like them. We have the rights to ask about anything.
EXACTLy. i think there is nothing wrong with asking a question you don't know the answer to. i still don't get why he got all riled up about it.