armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Military Discussions > Armies of the World
User Name
Password

Old 08-24-2008, 07:20 PM
Staff Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by scconwill View Post
THE FRENCH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA Why don't you just tell him to chop off his balls. The French have not won a war by them selves since the Napoleonic era
That's a fine attitude to have boy

Old 08-25-2008, 07:01 AM
First Lieutenant

Send a message via AIM to scconwill

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrj1000 View Post
I dont think the French have fought a war alone in recent times..Vietnam i think was the last war the french went solo in..pretty much the same as you guys...they withdrew from Vietnam... also pretty much the same as you guys
Vietnam was a tactical blunder set up by the backwards thinking of presidents such as, Eisenhower, Kennedy, Johnson, and Nixon. If your only counting Vietnam then we will take that one, but still the French?

Old 08-25-2008, 07:05 AM
First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo1 View Post
That means nothing.... show me a war that the US have won on their own?... You will have to travel back into a different era when the politics were different..

Despite the French being painted in the US as cowards over Iraq, its not down to the Army what wars they engage in, French politics sux, and the Army there has to live with it!!.... FYI, the Foreign Legion in recent years have reorganised and are now some 8,000 strong along with being recognised as a top of the line fighting force in all areas of the profession by all credible parties/bodies globally. Scconwill, I suggest you read up now when theres no pressure of time on foreign Armies, there fighting ability and their configurations, its as important to know the Allies you may well work with as a US Army Officers as it is the enemies you will combat... Insolar attitudes in an Army Officer are VERY dangerous!!...

JRJ, the French were in Veitnam in the 50s as you suggest, and were alone in that "Clonial War", however the US were not alone in Vietnam, they had the Auzzies where with them, and whilst a very much minority contributor to the Allied effort, the Auzzies did dish out some serious hurt in the conflict.
I'm not saying the French are cowards because of Iraq. In my humble opinion Iraq is a **** hole, and I could care less about the country. I just don't like the French............I'm entitled to my opinion as are you.

Old 08-25-2008, 07:05 AM
First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Commando 4ever View Post
That's a fine attitude to have boy
If it gets the job done

Old 08-25-2008, 08:28 AM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo1 View Post
That means nothing.... show me a war that the US have won on their own?... You will have to travel back into a different era when the politics were different..

Despite the French being painted in the US as cowards over Iraq, its not down to the Army what wars they engage in, French politics sux, and the Army there has to live with it!!.... FYI, the Foreign Legion in recent years have reorganised and are now some 8,000 strong along with being recognised as a top of the line fighting force in all areas of the profession by all credible parties/bodies globally. Scconwill, I suggest you read up now when theres no pressure of time on foreign Armies, there fighting ability and their configurations, its as important to know the Allies you may well work with as a US Army Officers as it is the enemies you will combat... Insolar attitudes in an Army Officer are VERY dangerous!!...

JRJ, the French were in Veitnam in the 50s as you suggest, and were alone in that "Clonial War", however the US were not alone in Vietnam, they had the Auzzies where with them, and whilst a very much minority contributor to the Allied effort, the Auzzies did dish out some serious hurt in the conflict.
Well i knew what i ment..i was trying to make a point with not much sucsess by the sounds of it
and I'll show you a man waiting for a beating.

كافر

Old 08-25-2008, 08:44 AM
Brigadier General

What you need to do mein Herr is get a legal resident's permit (also known as a "green card") & the U.S. Army will be glad to enlist you. Once in the Army you'll have an accelerated path to full citizenship.

If you have any skills in law enforcement, security, or the military you can try to get a job with Blackwater. Give them a call & see what kind of training you would need or if they train you. $500 a day with a three month contract.(for former SpecOps people) My Ranger son is giving it some thought after he finishes school & his Army Reserve commitment. They & the FBI have been knocking on his door trying to recruit him.
Retired MSG
I was a Soldier. I am a Soldier. I will always be a Soldier.

Old 08-25-2008, 09:06 AM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Vietnam was a tactical blunder set up by the backwards thinking of presidents such as, Eisenhower, Kennedy, Johnson, and Nixon. If your only counting Vietnam then we will take that one, but still the French?
Any military defeat or withdrawal(without completion of primary goals) is always the resualt of a tatical blunder..I have to agree with the guys on the French..Soldiers dont set policy scconwill you should know that and there lack of combat in Iraq and Afghanistan over the last few years is no refection on their ability to tare it up with the best of them...their training would be on a par with anyone(yours and mine included)..our soliders would be more combat ready thats all.. but it wouldnt take long for french to get into the swing if politics would allow

Alliances are very inportant..even for the mighty US..both in military and in politics..its a little worrying your way of thinking..and if your attiuted is shared by other future American ruperts it doesnt bode well for future relations and Alliances...on witch our max strenght is based..nobody can stand alone in the world these days..not in politics or in military

It all comes down to that word again respect..i seem to be sounding like a broken record when talking to you.. i might just give up the ghost..anyone and i repeat anyone who is willing to fight for their countries intrests..and die for it in some cases commands respect

Listen or do not..but i promise you to make a well rounded sucsessful Officer.. an attitude shift is needed on your part..
Exo put it very well indeed..and i quote"Insolar attitudes in an Army Officer are VERY dangerous"!!... take it onboard or not....but its the truth
and I'll show you a man waiting for a beating.

كافر

Old 08-25-2008, 12:21 PM
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
I'm not saying the French are cowards because of Iraq. In my humble opinion Iraq is a **** hole, and I could care less about the country. I just don't like the French............I'm entitled to my opinion as are you.
You don't like us big boy that makes me really sad ahahah

Old 08-26-2008, 04:52 PM
Major General

Default To Scconwill

You earn the right to dislike! Seeing as you have never met a Frenchman or been to France, your opinion is worthless!

French culture is alot more healthy than the Anglo-American one. The older I get the more I realse this. Its not about waving your flag in somebodies face its about understanding life and becoming a rounded individual. To shut an entire country off is non sense and will stunt your growth.....

Old 08-26-2008, 06:34 PM
Brigadier General

Quote:
THE FRENCH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA Why don't you just tell him to chop off his balls. The French have not won a war by them selves since the Napoleonic era
now this again just asks for something that I doodled a long time ago for another
all "full of American pride comment".

[URL="http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/4580/finustp4.jpg"]hehe[/URL]

now.. as this thing which i drawed would solve some grate many issues.. it would
still create more problems than it would actually solve..

now think about how many times your country has been actually invaded?
(oh yes.. I forgot the damn redcoats. )

The French never saw it coming.
they took most measures that were possible at the time.
They still failed but it wasn't their fault all together.

basicly it was the fault of those of em who laugh at danger..
what did you just do?

come from behind. take a nice hookgrip. and laugh about it untill somebody does it to you?

Chop your balls off?
because your next when the wheel turns?

so it goes on..
same shet.

Last edited by torspo[fin]; 08-26-2008 at 06:50 PM..