armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Military Discussions > Armies of the World
User Name
Password

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

  #11  
Old 02-25-2008, 05:58 AM
Exo1's Avatar
Exo1 Exo1 is offline
General of the Armies
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ireland (Ex Irish Army)
Posts: 10,457
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacky View Post
Better back up there a few guy.

A great many private contractors are prior US military, some of them prior SOF that have served in the military. There is a difference in Mercs and Contractors, and that's been put out on this board before. Before you go painting with such a broad brush and insulting many of my close friends and former co-workers, you may want to educate yourself on the topic a bit more.

I don't have the greatest love for Blackwater or many other PMCs, but to insult all that work for them for lack of loyalty to their country and service is ignorant at best.
Fair enough, points are taken and allow me to respond on issues that underpin them... I know I sound like a broken record, but Im not a special forces operator past or present.. On Mercs and Contractors (who are getting better), Its not the individuals per say, its the organisation and its policies that allow the ****bags a free pass... Does it condemn the good guys directly working there... no, but it does sully their name by association, this is a consequence to the policies of the company, not the good guys themselves... A sad but true fact...

You have implied by your comments, that they are not all ****bags... some are just guys doing the good job they did in their respective armies for a higher salary privately.. and in principal you would think there is nothing wrong with it... a fair point indeed.....

However!!... when you leave a regulated institution like the Army, which has a mandate by the people through its goverment and go work for a private company, the rules governing your conduct upto the recent past and indeed missions became either uncontrolled or controlled by profit.... I for one find this wrong wrong wrong!!!.... If it offends you, then note its a personal opinion, and nothing more.... and one that will not change until circumstances relating to the issue at hand do....

Also Tacky, you make the distinction between Mercs and contractors, well so do I, and I refer to Mercs and to a lessor degree cos of change of working controls Contractors have... Also, Contractors appear to be evolving into a wider animal in terms of scope and seem to be getting better regulation by the US Government through the updating of military law, etc... This is positive in terms of change, and broadstrokes aside, allows for the gap between Mercs and contractors to continue.... with Contractors moving more into acceptable country for Operational Regulation and Control. Like anything else, theres always room for improvement...

I note you share my distaste for Blackwaters history,which is rooted for me in the points I made, those to do the right thing as professionals in a company are often overshadowed by the policies they find themselves in... for those good people, like your friends, they have nothing to answer for, and the incompetance of management is not their fault... however, like that article posted, their association with the organisation presents a "guilty by association" perception that is for those good guys unfair, but a fact nevertheless... If the ****bags would be held to the same high standards, as your friends hold themselves to, then their would be no problem.. however, human nature in this situation requires regulation.. and it seems to be coming.... which as previously said is a positive thing...

In closing, it doesnt take a stretch of the imagination to get why your friends would go private, and do the same good job there... better pay, conditions, etc, etc... no issue there as I have already said... but when you are confronted with ****bags who made it to the headlines for unprofessional conduct in the field, then one must ask oneself, was it worth it? Any good man would do so in such a position, and hopefully with better regulation, such unfair questions will not be neccessary going forward... In case your wondering, my attitude to issues are updating always with changing circumstances relating to the issue....

Exo....
__________________
"Barrel High, Powder Dry!"

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"
Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old 02-25-2008, 02:53 PM
Gladiator's Avatar
Gladiator Gladiator is offline
Sergeant First Class
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: England, Italy and the US
Posts: 196
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo1 View Post
In case your wondering, my attitude to issues are updating always with changing circumstances relating to the issue....

Exo....
A very intelligent stance Exo and thanks for that contribution to the thread.

Hopefully when certain other members on here grow up and put their childish misled, not to mention outrageously inept and totally distorted opinions back in the toy box where they belong. Then maybe they will get around to learning something, I'm not going to hold my breath though.
Reply With Quote

  #13  
Old 02-25-2008, 03:20 PM
SniperAlpha1's Avatar
SniperAlpha1 SniperAlpha1 is offline
Colonel
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chagrin Falls, OH
Posts: 1,776
Send a message via AIM to SniperAlpha1 Send a message via MSN to SniperAlpha1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
A very intelligent stance Exo and thanks for that contribution to the thread.

Hopefully when certain other members on here grow up and put their childish misled, not to mention outrageously inept and totally distorted opinions back in the toy box where they belong. Then maybe they will get around to learning something, I'm not going to hold my breath though.
So I'm childish for not believing that Blackwater is a roving band of lawless brutes as you do...

Yes, quite intelligent.

For the record, nobody would no more about Blackwater than Tacky, and his views have been expressed quite clearly.
Reply With Quote

  #14  
Old 02-25-2008, 03:42 PM
Gladiator's Avatar
Gladiator Gladiator is offline
Sergeant First Class
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: England, Italy and the US
Posts: 196
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperAlpha1 View Post
So I'm childish for not believing that Blackwater is a roving band of lawless brutes as you do...

Yes, quite intelligent.

For the record, nobody would no more about Blackwater than Tacky, and his views have been expressed quite clearly.
There he goes again. Producing fictious quotes and generally leading the debate in a non informative manner.
Tacky is his own man and doesn't need you to turn this thread into a silly little "I luv Tacky late Valentine"
Reply With Quote

  #15  
Old 02-25-2008, 04:45 PM
Texas's Avatar
Texas Texas is offline
Major General
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 3,765
Default

I think its obvious that the money spent by government on private security firms is ludicrous. Why can't this money be spent on the military, thats what its there for.
__________________
Reply With Quote

  #16  
Old 02-25-2008, 04:58 PM
Gladiator's Avatar
Gladiator Gladiator is offline
Sergeant First Class
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: England, Italy and the US
Posts: 196
Default Bagdad Guns For Hire Part

You'll notice alot of British accents in this series Sniper, Maybe you'll learn something and stop blathering

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_o9C90Y_Y6I&eurl=http://sortr.com/youtube_play.php?id=_o9C90Y_Y6I&v=aegis security"]#1[/URL]

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaLta1GVZ8U&feature=related"]#2[/URL]

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9aCADLx4Nc&feature=related"]#3[/URL]

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SismQId78MA&feature=related"]#4[/URL]

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgCjFw0wsKc&feature=related"]#5[/URL]
Reply With Quote

  #17  
Old 02-25-2008, 06:30 PM
SniperAlpha1's Avatar
SniperAlpha1 SniperAlpha1 is offline
Colonel
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chagrin Falls, OH
Posts: 1,776
Send a message via AIM to SniperAlpha1 Send a message via MSN to SniperAlpha1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
You'll notice alot of British accents in this series Sniper, Maybe you'll learn something and stop blathering

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_o9C90Y_Y6I&eurl=http://sortr.com/youtube_play.php?id=_o9C90Y_Y6I&v=aegis security"]#1[/URL]

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaLta1GVZ8U&feature=related"]#2[/URL]

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9aCADLx4Nc&feature=related"]#3[/URL]

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SismQId78MA&feature=related"]#4[/URL]

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgCjFw0wsKc&feature=related"]#5[/URL]
How do British accents prove your idea that they a lawless mercenaries?
Reply With Quote

  #18  
Old 02-25-2008, 09:19 PM
JBMcCain JBMcCain is offline
First Sergeant
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 287
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas View Post
I think its obvious that the money spent by government on private security firms is ludicrous. Why can't this money be spent on the military, thats what its there for.
How?

To cover what a lot of them do you probably would have to imposs a draft on an already unpopular war.
We do not have the resources as of right now to put well qualified people everwhere someone important. needs protection.

However, in principle, of course, you are correct.
Reply With Quote

  #19  
Old 02-26-2008, 02:38 AM
Texas's Avatar
Texas Texas is offline
Major General
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 3,765
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBMcCain View Post
How?

To cover what a lot of them do you probably would have to imposs a draft on an already unpopular war.
We do not have the resources as of right now to put well qualified people everwhere someone important. needs protection.

However, in principle, of course, you are correct.
I'm not devalueing what the private security firms do. I'm annoyed at our governments for continually cutting back on manpower in the services. Thus allowing the present situation to develope. Which will be costing us even more money by the sounds of it.
__________________
Reply With Quote

  #20  
Old 02-26-2008, 02:40 AM
Texas's Avatar
Texas Texas is offline
Major General
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 3,765
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperAlpha1 View Post
How do British accents prove your idea that they a lawless mercenaries?
When you've finished behaving like a prick. Maybe you'd like to contribute something worth listening to.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:17 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    
·Contact Us   ·Legal   ·Privacy   ·Link To Us    ·Advertise With Us    ·About Us    ·Site Map     
     Copyright 2004-2019 Activv, LLC. All rights reserved. Armyreal.com is a service provided by Activv.
This website is not affiliated, endorsed, authorized, or associated in any way with any government, military or country.