armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > The Lounge
User Name
Password

Old 05-19-2009, 09:41 PM
First Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier gf View Post
Thanks, i've had the basic psychology and psychology of personality lessons, history of all sorts of movements to promote equality and to demolish stereotypes, everything. just b/c others won't follow suit that doesn't mean you can't try and do what you think is right--like i don't think the stereotypes should continue, and my "primal urge" is to prevent stereotypes from being allowed to continue to exist. i ask why others allow themselves to go along with out-dated stereotypes just because many will continue to.
Because ignorance is bliss?

Old 05-19-2009, 10:11 PM
First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBizo View Post
Because being a girl you don't want to date some broke scrub. And secondly, a good looking women has no class. Meaning, where a guy is judged on things such as income or what have you, a good looking women easily side steps this issue just because she is an object of desire.

No one said it was fair...but what is?
and its not that there rich..they act like there better than you. thats what drives me nuts! i would get along with the rich kids..cause i guess we do got money..for the most part..but still and i wouldn't really care if i fell in love with some broke scrub..i don't think that would really matter..

Old 05-20-2009, 05:53 AM
Sergeant First Class

Talking

lol...missinhim, you just HAD to post at 11:11 didn't you? omg, i have been pretty much stalked by that number (11) since the beginning of football season last year! it is really just a joke btw me and my best friend....she has a crush on the #11 player for Wake Forest....and the number started showing up everywhere for her. well i made fun of her b/c hey, what are best friends for right? well, i started seeing that number everywhere too after a while...."new email messages=11; wake up at a random stupid time in the morning=3:11am" little things like that, but they always have the #11. so, thanks for that! lol

Old 05-20-2009, 07:54 AM
Command Sergeant Major

Send a message via MSN to hollisrae Send a message via Yahoo to hollisrae

oh wow, i miss one day and i have 2 hours of reading to catch up on!! LOL
k, first... I MISS HARDEES!!!!! I could so go for some curly fries right now!!
second... white castle is mostly in the midwest. like Ohio is COVERED with them. If you are really jonesing for a slider, you can go to walmart or kroger and pick up a box of them in the frozen food section. just microwave and enjoy the aftermath!! LMAO!
third.... when the hell did this thread get all philosophical?? I think that we should all do our parts to try to abolish steryotypes. if i had adhered to them, i would not be with my soldier right now. and soldiergf, it's a good thing you aren't against southerners cause then you wouldn't like me! LOL I'm in Oklahoma, and yes, i have the southern drawl.... *shakes head* i know sad.....
ok, now i think i am cought up! LMAO and i already knew about lauren pasing her test!! it's not my fault i'm special, that's just how i roll! HAHAHAHA but still congrats again babydoll!!

Last edited by hollisrae; 05-20-2009 at 08:02 AM..

Old 05-20-2009, 07:57 AM
Command Sergeant Major

Quote:
lol...missinhim, you just HAD to post at 11:11 didn't you? omg, i have been pretty much stalked by that number (11) since the beginning of football season last year! it is really just a joke btw me and my best friend....she has a crush on the #11 player for Wake Forest....and the number started showing up everywhere for her. well i made fun of her b/c hey, what are best friends for right? well, i started seeing that number everywhere too after a while...."new email messages=11; wake up at a random stupid time in the morning=3:11am" little things like that, but they always have the #11. so, thanks for that! lol
we call those goochers... like 11:11 or 3:33. but i know what you mean about seeing numbers jump out at you all the time. i have a thing with 7's. get's kinna annoying really. esp since it has been like a seriously ongoing thing. i think it's been about 3 years now.... IDK, prob means somehing but i'm missing the point! LMAO not the first time i've been dense!!

Old 05-20-2009, 08:08 AM
Sergeant First Class

Unhappy need help...

Okay everyone....I need a lot of help right now. I was talking with my soldier, and got some news..yet another roadblock so to speak. He has FINALLY been approved for leave June 1st...but no one can tell him if he is guaranteed to come home then. Like, all anyone can tell him is that he isn't allowed to buy a plane ticket home. They can't tell him if he is one of the 10% who get the first leave, and they can't tell him what day the first person to come back is supposed to be back in Korea, but he just can't do anything but wait. Which means I can't do anything but wait...and I'm not good at waiting. It was okay earlier b/c i had school, but i'm out for the summer, so i have nothing to keep my mind from worrying and wondering if he will get to come home June 1st, and if not then, when? Please help me--distract me or support me in any way that you can! I would really appreciate the help! Thanks!

Old 05-20-2009, 08:19 AM
Command Sergeant Major

Quote:
Okay everyone....I need a lot of help right now. I was talking with my soldier, and got some news..yet another roadblock so to speak. He has FINALLY been approved for leave June 1st...but no one can tell him if he is guaranteed to come home then. Like, all anyone can tell him is that he isn't allowed to buy a plane ticket home. They can't tell him if he is one of the 10% who get the first leave, and they can't tell him what day the first person to come back is supposed to be back in Korea, but he just can't do anything but wait. Which means I can't do anything but wait...and I'm not good at waiting. It was okay earlier b/c i had school, but i'm out for the summer, so i have nothing to keep my mind from worrying and wondering if he will get to come home June 1st, and if not then, when? Please help me--distract me or support me in any way that you can! I would really appreciate the help! Thanks!

ok, when my guy was over there it was quite a hastle as well to get home. first they will transport him into the states, but it takes a couple of days with travel time and processing. is june first the day he leaves or is that the 'goal day' for him to be home?? then as far as going home, usually they get either 15 or 18 days r&r and then they have to reverse the process. they go thru processing and then it takes a while for him to get back over there. they will let him know what day he is to report back when he is back home.

Old 05-20-2009, 08:24 AM
Sergeant First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollisrae View Post
ok, when my guy was over there it was quite a hastle as well to get home. first they will transport him into the states, but it takes a couple of days with travel time and processing. is june first the day he leaves or is that the 'goal day' for him to be home?? then as far as going home, usually they get either 15 or 18 days r&r and then they have to reverse the process. they go thru processing and then it takes a while for him to get back over there. they will let him know what day he is to report back when he is back home.
he was given all of that..they told him the first day of leaves start june 1st, and after his was approved, he was told that he would have to report back to base no later than june 25th. but like i said, we don't know if he is guaranteed to come home june 1st...if he is, then we'll have to hope they still have plane tickets for him; if not, then we have to figure out when the first person is supposed to get back and hope that my soldier gets in to leave that day, whenever that is. we are in limbo right now with not knowing if we can move forward, or if we have to jump ahead and start planning for another day, you know?

Old 05-20-2009, 08:35 AM
Command Sergeant Major

Quote:
he was given all of that..they told him the first day of leaves start june 1st, and after his was approved, he was told that he would have to report back to base no later than june 25th. but like i said, we don't know if he is guaranteed to come home june 1st...if he is, then we'll have to hope they still have plane tickets for him; if not, then we have to figure out when the first person is supposed to get back and hope that my soldier gets in to leave that day, whenever that is. we are in limbo right now with not knowing if we can move forward, or if we have to jump ahead and start planning for another day, you know?
unfortunatelly it's one of those things that you are never gonna have a set date, it can change at any time and you are gonna have to be flexible. it will work itself out. is he actually leaving the country on the 1st, or is he supposed to be back in the states on the 1st?

Old 05-20-2009, 08:38 AM
Sergeant First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollisrae View Post
unfortunatelly it's one of those things that you are never gonna have a set date, it can change at any time and you are gonna have to be flexible. it will work itself out. is he actually leaving the country on the 1st, or is he supposed to be back in the states on the 1st?
he is *supposed* to leave korea on june 1st (arriving here in the states on..heh..june 1st--time zone differences, gotta love them) and would have to leave the states june 23rd to make sure he is back in korea and back on base on time. but like i said, no one can tell him if he gets to leave when he was approved to leave or not.