armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Basic Training
User Name
Password

Old 04-01-2009, 08:48 AM
Recruit

Post Drive to AIT

My wife has joined the Army, and she will be leaving on the 6th of May for BCT at Ft Jackson, SC. She will be graduating on the 17th of July. Her Recruiter told me that I would be able to drive her from BCT to AIT school at FLW. However, I fould this info at

[url]http://www.jackson.army.mil/BCT/FAQs.htm[/url]

Q. Can I transport my Soldier to AIT?

A. Soldiers must travel to their next training site by government-provided means. Soldiers will depart the graduation site for the company area immediately after graduation, and begin leaving Fort Jackson as soon as 1 p.m. the same day.

I need to know which is correct- Can I or not drive her to AIT school? Has anyone ever been allowed to drive their soldier from BCT to AIT training?

Please let me know as soon as possible so I can start making my plans.

Thank you

Last edited by oneteddybear; 04-05-2009 at 07:36 AM..

Old 04-14-2009, 03:33 PM
Sergeant

My husband graduated BCT from ft. Jackson on March 20th. I was able to take him to his AIT in Ft. Leonard Wood, MO. Our graduation packet stated that we were not allowed to take a soldier to his or her AIT location if it was west of the Mississippi. Ft. Leonard Wood is about 200 miles west of the mississippi but they still let us take him. It really depends on the Drill Sergeants and company commander if they will allow them to be transported to their AIT location in a POV. She will have to ask. Good luck!

Old 04-14-2009, 07:04 PM
Private

Default drive to AIT

my boyfriend is about to graduate form AIT and he heard (just rumored form other people in his platoon that he could be driven to his AIT which will be in Virginia, but he might have to report earlier than the other soldiers, butt hat it is at his DS discreation.

Old 04-15-2009, 07:04 PM
Recruit

Smile

Thank you to both of you for the reply. She will ask her DS when the time is right.

Thanks again.