armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Basic Training
User Name
Password

Old 03-12-2009, 12:15 AM
Sergeant

Talking Families of 2/60th@ Ft.Jackson

Hi everyone!

I just want to wish everyone well as they travel to see their soldiers graduate on the 20th. I'm so excited! In one week I get to see my handsome soldier! I can hardly wait! It was a pleasure meeting everyone here. I'm looking forward to meeting each and every one of you in person at Family Day and Graduation. Feel free to send me a PM and we can exchange info. I'll be staying on base. Anybody else doing the same??? Can't beat $40 a night! Hopefully I am NOT getting what I paid for, lol. I'm driving with my in-laws all the way from Los Angeles, CA. I'll be leaving Sunday or Monday. So if I don't here from anyone before then I wish you guys the best and see ya there!

Old 03-12-2009, 06:28 AM
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiHer82 View Post
Hi everyone!
I'm so excited! In one week I get to see my handsome soldier! I can hardly wait!
Amen to that! See you all on Thursday.

Old 03-12-2009, 08:23 AM
Corporal

Tell your soldiers the rest of us on here are very proud of them and what they have accomplished!!!

Old 03-12-2009, 02:05 PM
Corporal

i have been so excited knowing that the day is finally here!! i do hope to see everyone there, most likely we'll all see each other but not know it lol

silly boys... jeeps are for girls!
mud, sweat, and gears.

"the true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
PROUD ARMY GIRLFRIEND!

Old 03-15-2009, 01:42 PM
Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach2heaven1108 View Post
Tell your soldiers the rest of us on here are very proud of them and what they have accomplished!!!
Thank you Reach2heaven!

Only a few more days left. I got a call from my husband yesterday. I was so happy to hear from him. He said they are done with everything and the Drill Sergeants already left. All they're doing now is accounting for all their equipment and cleaning up. I can't believe it's finally over! My hubby has managed to maintain squad leader position for the past 4 weeks so hopefully he'll make it to the end so he can lead his squad I'm just so proud of him. Our Soldiers have accomplished so much!

Old 03-15-2009, 02:03 PM
Corporal

i'm so glad it's here finally! we've had a tough time with the website we booked our flight and hotel through, first we had to change so we could fly out wednesday instead of sunday, then they changed our flight to columbia to where we would be getting in at midnight! so today we finally changed it again to where we are getting in around 10. it's been a crazy week, my car got broken into friday night and they took my stereo and emergency kit. but seeing my soldier will make everything perfect

silly boys... jeeps are for girls!
mud, sweat, and gears.

"the true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
PROUD ARMY GIRLFRIEND!

Old 03-15-2009, 03:57 PM
Corporal

Yeah. I am super siked!

my husband was thinking that they would have onbase passes on Thursday and offbase passes after graduation. Has anyone else heard anything concerning these Happy details.?

Cause as a wife I am wishing for 2 days of off bases passes. LOL

See ya'll on Thursday.
Liher, that is awesome that hubby has a leadership position.

Last edited by bekamcclung; 03-16-2009 at 06:52 AM..

Old 03-15-2009, 04:11 PM
Brigadier General

I'd advise all of you ladies to get name tags with your screen names. You might not know each other if you don't. Choose a particular color then that you'll be able to recognize from a distance. Get together & choose the color, blaze orange or hot pink, you know - something that'll stand out in a crowd. Make it 3X5" so you can really see it. It'd be a shame if you all got there & didn't get together. You might make some lifetime friends with a common ground and while your men are in the Army you'd have a heck of a support group.
Retired MSG
I was a Soldier. I am a Soldier. I will always be a Soldier.

Old 03-16-2009, 01:26 PM
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG Glenn View Post
I'd advise all of you ladies to get name tags with your screen names. You might not know each other if you don't. Choose a particular color then that you'll be able to recognize from a distance. Get together & choose the color, blaze orange or hot pink, you know - something that'll stand out in a crowd. Make it 3X5" so you can really see it. It'd be a shame if you all got there & didn't get together. You might make some lifetime friends with a common ground and while your men are in the Army you'd have a heck of a support group.

Glenn is right, I would love to say hello in person. I am hoping to arrive for Family day earlier than 9. If anyone can think of a way to meet prior to the days events, I am game. However, It is just me and my 2 little girls so I will want to grab a frontish row seat, and then I am stuck.
Not sure if I want to wear a name tag for pre- event settling in, however..... any other ideas.

Old 03-16-2009, 01:40 PM
Brigadier General

Yes I do. Exchange cell phone numbers via PM & put someone in charge of the meeting place - maybe arrive early at the parade ground & start calling. Put LiHer in charge of organizing because she started this thread. Meet at the far right side of the visitor's bleachers or something like that.

You ladies should really meet each other since you have a lot in common.
Retired MSG
I was a Soldier. I am a Soldier. I will always be a Soldier.