armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > Current Events
User Name
Password

Old 10-28-2005, 02:46 PM
redfriday

Default The Red Friday Movement

Hello All,

What do people know about the Red Friday movement- wearing red on Friday in support of our troops? Its something that is catching on in my hometown and I've heard that it has caught on elsewhere. The business that I work for does embroidery and several local businesses have asked us to embroider a "We Support Our Troops" yellow ribbon logo on some red shirts for them.

Here is one example of the logo. We are really trying to promote this movement so if anyone has any ideas or is interested in seeing the shirts, you can see them online at:

[URL="http://www.hallclosetuniforms.com/default.asp?PageTextID=106"]We Support Our Troops Store[/URL]

If you have questions, you can [URL="mailto:sales@hallclosetuniforms.com"]email[/URL] me.

Thanks! And Wear Red Friday!

Old 10-28-2005, 04:37 PM
Major General

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfriday
Hello All,

What do people know about the Red Friday movement- wearing red on Friday in support of our troops? Its something that is catching on in my hometown and I've heard that it has caught on elsewhere. The business that I work for does embroidery and several local businesses have asked us to embroider a "We Support Our Troops" yellow ribbon logo on some red shirts for them.

Here is one example of the logo. We are really trying to promote this movement so if anyone has any ideas or is interested in seeing the shirts, you can see them online at:

[URL="http://www.hallclosetuniforms.com/default.asp?PageTextID=106"]We Support Our Troops Store[/URL]

If you have questions, you can [URL="mailto:sales@hallclosetuniforms.com"]email[/URL] me.

Thanks! And Wear Red Friday!
Gee this is really cool , Where do I get my RED T shirt . Do you guys sell whistles and Balloons too ?We really do need to be so much more Patriotic !

Last edited by Texas; 10-29-2005 at 04:54 AM..

Old 10-29-2005, 12:34 AM
Staff Sergeant

Hmm, arenīt you guys worried that you might be branded communists when you start wearing red? Not that I say that it is any way wrong to support your loved ones in the Army. Just wondering who chose the color?

Old 10-29-2005, 12:42 AM
First Sergeant

Yellow shirts anyone?
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless made or kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
- John Stuart Mill

Old 10-29-2005, 02:25 AM
Major General

That lion looks a bit like Che guevara as well, lol