armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Basic Training
User Name
Password

Old 08-18-2006, 11:18 AM
Private

Default need some info!! plz

ok i talked to my bf! (YAY!!!) and he told me he is getting sent to Oklahoma 4 basic training ... can someone please give me info on how basic training at oklahoma is???.. he told me that ft. Benning is packed and they're sending like 80 of them to Oklahoma..

Old 08-23-2006, 04:41 PM
Private First Class

Send a message via Yahoo to Future_Ranger

What is he doing in the Army? Like AIT wise.

Old 05-15-2007, 09:46 AM
Private First Class

Send a message via AIM to MeadTravis147 Send a message via Yahoo to MeadTravis147
Default .

my husband is there for 9 weeks for basic

Old 05-17-2007, 10:45 AM
Recruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by latincherry View Post
ok i talked to my bf! (YAY!!!) and he told me he is getting sent to Oklahoma 4 basic training ... can someone please give me info on how basic training at oklahoma is???.. he told me that ft. Benning is packed and they're sending like 80 of them to Oklahoma..
hello my name is Melissa my husband was justsent to Oklahoma for basic yesterday which was the 16th of May i live in Fl im not sure how basic is up there but hope all goes well when wa syour Bf sent out????

Old 05-27-2007, 09:08 PM
Private

Default How is Basic?

Doesn't matter where it's at, it's going to be Hell. He will be fine rest assure. Our goal isn't to hurt the guy, but to build a man. It will be a little hot especially with summer coming along but water will be flowing through him like a river. Oklahoma is strict, and without knowing his exact AIT I am not sure how it will play out for him. But rest easy, he will be fine.

Old 05-28-2007, 12:48 PM
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeadTravis147 View Post
my husband is there for 9 weeks for basic

he's lucky the brits is 22 weeks but our royal marines is 32 but you guys have a far larger army than ours so i can see the point

Old 05-28-2007, 03:21 PM
General of the Armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus185 View Post
he's lucky the brits is 22 weeks but our royal marines is 32 but you guys have a far larger army than ours so i can see the point
How does a shorter time in training = lucky??....

Better drilling comes with time.... and repitition... we went 4 hrs solid on section attacks near the end of my basic... and you know how fecking exhausting they are... I lost count of the amount of FALs we reached before the flashbang went into the target... lol... fecking knackered after it all.. but no rest on hell week... lol... the further away it gets, the funnier it seems... old age eh!!...

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"

Old 05-28-2007, 10:08 PM
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo1 View Post
How does a shorter time in training = lucky??....

Better drilling comes with time.... and repitition... we went 4 hrs solid on section attacks near the end of my basic... and you know how fecking exhausting they are... I lost count of the amount of FALs we reached before the flashbang went into the target... lol... fecking knackered after it all.. but no rest on hell week... lol... the further away it gets, the funnier it seems... old age eh!!...

dont take offence mate iv done some hard training(not military though so i take your point)

when i was training to be a fighter though feck me heres what i done....................up 6am wash go for run (id cover on avarage 8 or 9 miles 10 on a good day in about 1 hour 20 mins)id do it somtimes with weights on ohh those were fun days lol

home breakfast after it weights for 90 mins
after that lunch

next streching and focus exercises in a gym 5 mins on a bike then a stepper ect i was going all out on these machines for two hours now this was the hardist for me i had to do it in a gym no T.V no Music there was good looking women but my objective was fighting and stamina after two weeks it became a piece of piss id throw up a few times but that was part of the fun

next 3-4 hours is spent reading and trying to improve my mind anothor hard part at the time because i dont like reading but now i love reading............ohh how hindsight can teach a lad like me lol
then diner

next up heavy muay thai training 3 hours of sparing and exercise as well as drilling hundreds of punches kicks knees elbows and stand up grappling

after that an hour of ju-jitsu
after that home a wash and into bed

sorry for he long post mate but it was one best parts of my life hard on the body but not the mind cos i just learned to switch off i can do that at will now even when im *****e scared i dont know if thats a ggood skill or not but i like it

Last edited by Zeus185; 05-29-2007 at 04:40 PM..

Old 05-30-2007, 05:56 PM
Corporal

Quote:
It's not called luck. It's called training smart, not hard. By that I mean training with our brains, and not just pt'ing every single minute, running around like chickens w/ our heads cut off.

Old 05-31-2007, 02:40 PM
General of the Armies

Quote:
dont take offence mate iv done some hard training(not military though so i take your point)

when i was training to be a fighter though feck me heres what i done....................up 6am wash go for run (id cover on avarage 8 or 9 miles 10 on a good day in about 1 hour 20 mins)id do it somtimes with weights on ohh those were fun days lol

home breakfast after it weights for 90 mins
after that lunch

next streching and focus exercises in a gym 5 mins on a bike then a stepper ect i was going all out on these machines for two hours now this was the hardist for me i had to do it in a gym no T.V no Music there was good looking women but my objective was fighting and stamina after two weeks it became a piece of piss id throw up a few times but that was part of the fun

next 3-4 hours is spent reading and trying to improve my mind anothor hard part at the time because i dont like reading but now i love reading............ohh how hindsight can teach a lad like me lol
then diner

next up heavy muay thai training 3 hours of sparing and exercise as well as drilling hundreds of punches kicks knees elbows and stand up grappling

after that an hour of ju-jitsu
after that home a wash and into bed

sorry for he long post mate but it was one best parts of my life hard on the body but not the mind cos i just learned to switch off i can do that at will now even when im *****e scared i dont know if thats a ggood skill or not but i like it
Sounds good to me bro, and you were getting paid for it too.. Cool!....

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"