armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Military Discussions > Share Your Stories
User Name
Password

Old 09-30-2005, 02:35 PM
Staff Sergeant

Default Falklands war veterans,share your stories.

anyone have any stories of the assault on Pebble Island

Last edited by S.A.S.Warrior; 11-12-2005 at 05:15 PM..

Old 09-30-2005, 08:50 PM
Sergeant

Question

Can u please tell me about this Falklands stuff. I keep hearing about it but i have never learned or herd of it before now. All i know is it was some british dudes kicking the **** out of argentina but besides that im clueless.

Old 10-01-2005, 03:45 AM
Major General

If you're 37 .In 1982 you were 14. That doesn't add up warrior !
Why were you at goose green ,the paras were at goose green

Last edited by Texas; 10-01-2005 at 09:12 AM..

Old 10-01-2005, 06:43 AM
Private

Your suppose to wait until the helicopter lands before you get off Warrior !

Old 10-01-2005, 09:02 AM
Major General

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZackAttack23693
Can u please tell me about this Falklands stuff. I keep hearing about it but i have never learned or herd of it before now. All i know is it was some british dudes kicking the **** out of argentina but besides that im clueless.
Have a look at the link below

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falklands_War#External_links[/url]

[url]http://www.naval-history.net/NAVAL1982FALKLANDS.htm[/url]

Last edited by Texas; 10-01-2005 at 09:18 AM..

Old 10-01-2005, 01:59 PM
Sergeant

Smile

ooo thx tex

Old 10-03-2005, 07:38 PM
Staff Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas
If you're 37 .In 1982 you were 14. That doesn't add up warrior !
Why were you at goose green ,the paras were at goose green
Damn,caught out again!!!!

ok so i took a few years off myself,cant blame a guy for trying!

Everyone was at Goose at some point,exept for us of course,we dont exist!!!

Last edited by S.A.S.Warrior; 10-03-2005 at 07:43 PM..

Old 10-04-2005, 04:48 AM
Corporal

Default Confused....

Quote: Thanks,how long were you in the Marines for?I have nothing but admiration for the US Marine Corps having served with them in the Gulf when i was in the British Royal Marines as a member 40 Commando.What do they feed you guys?Youre all seven feet tall and 350lbs!

If SAS Warrior was in the Falklands and serving with SAS, lets say aged 19 - as he would have to have done at least 3 years with his original Army unit - what was he doing bobbing up in the Gulf (Presumably 1st Gulf War) in the Navy as a RMC as per his post above?

If he was originally a Marine in 1982 he would have to have joined the SBS as selection for SAS (As an Army unit) was not then available.

If this maths is correct he must at least be a WO1 as his 22 years would have been up in 2001 and therefore he would have to be on limited continuance service and gained an unusual 2 periods of extended army service as his age would be 42. Whilst this solves the age conundrum it doesn't explain how he went from Army to Navy to Army whilst managing to gain reselection to SAS.

This makes his service career, highly exceptional and obviously his parent regiment would still have to be the RM - 40 Commando - therefore easily checkable against substantive WO1 still serving who have changed between the service....

Old 10-05-2005, 09:43 AM
Second Lieutenant

****'s sake, SAS warrior, give it up already. No one believes you. I'm guessing that picture of yours is supposedly a personal picture of yours, yet it has funnily been censored (as if it was meant for public release in a book or the like). You're fooling no one.
You're 37 and in the SAS? The vast majority of the SAS troopers can't handle the physical demands of the regiment once they reach 30, which is the time most people leave.
If you're in the SAS, you've just broken the Sational Secrets Act (which all troopers have to sign and follow rigorously) in the most spectacular way - any terrorist who wanted to could track your IP address and pop by your house.
You claim you fought at Goose Green, which texas pointed out would involve you being 14 at the time.
You also claim to be in the marines (again, texas pointed out that goose green was taken the PARAS, not marines). Also, marines join the SBS, not the SAS. You've not thought this through very well, have you?
Piss off and go back to playing counterstrike with your nerd friends. No one believes you!

Old 10-05-2005, 10:20 AM
Brigadier General

Default Operation Algeciras

Just came across this recently .
Operation Algeciras was a failed plan conceived by the Argentinian military to covertly sabotage a British Royal Navy warship in Gibraltar during the Falklands War. From Spanish territory during 1982, a force of Montoneros monitored British naval traffic around Gibraltar, preparing to attack a target of opportunity when ordered, using divers and limpet mines. However, the plan failed after British intelligence became aware of the mission and informed the Spanish government, who arrested the team.