armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Help and Assistance
User Name
Password

Old 08-26-2007, 03:23 PM
Sergeant

Default I need some answers. Please help me.

Ok so here it goes, a friend of mine (yes she's an army wife as well) was told that she culdn't go with her husband to alaska same day, because it's considered overseas? No she doesn't know if that's going to be their final location or not, but it's got her kinda up set? Does any have any information on this matter, so maybe I can help calm her nerves... Thanks guys!

~Kit

Old 08-26-2007, 09:14 PM
Brigadier General

Send a message via Yahoo to Fireball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitika View Post
Ok so here it goes, a friend of mine (yes she's an army wife as well) was told that she culdn't go with her husband to alaska same day, because it's considered overseas? No she doesn't know if that's going to be their final location or not, but it's got her kinda up set? Does any have any information on this matter, so maybe I can help calm her nerves... Thanks guys!

~Kit
Hi, I have heard things like that... for example - hubby goes over first to find a place to live and then the family follows shortly after. Now, she can go if she wants (to help find a place) but it would be on her dime to go over earlier. It also depends on his orders... are they accompanied? Or is he only going for a year? Sometimes the shorter deployments they do not always send families.

-Fireball
Army Wife and mother of 3

Old 08-27-2007, 03:10 AM
Sergeant First Class

if its unaccompanied deployment they will not help you move either you will have to pay for it. but if he gets his orders extendd for like say 3 years they can change it to accompanied. it sounds like a deployment to me, if he is only gone a few months she should just stay where she is. no point picken up roots and draggin them around justto put them back.

Old 08-27-2007, 07:42 AM
Command Sergeant Major

I am not aware of any unaccompanied tours to Alaska for the Army...the Air Force has them for stations in the Aleutians and Point Barrow though...need more info...

Old 08-28-2007, 10:19 AM
Command Sergeant Major

...and if she doesn't know if this will be a permanent duty station or not, she needs to get in the loop and what the hell is this guy doing not tellig his wife what is going on? Geez...I don't get it. My wife even has my AKO password, and she knows EVERYTHING because we are a family...there MUST be information sharing!

Old 08-28-2007, 09:07 PM
Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasan_the_mad View Post
...and if she doesn't know if this will be a permanent duty station or not, she needs to get in the loop and what the hell is this guy doing not tellig his wife what is going on? Geez...I don't get it. My wife even has my AKO password, and she knows EVERYTHING because we are a family...there MUST be information sharing!
Sadly I agree, but I'm in the same boat as her. I don't my hubbys' orders yet, they told him his AKO account...and so he called me asap, and told me to set it up..yeah I managed to screw that up...hit a wrong button, and now I can't do anything about it, I called them, and they can't help for security reasons, it has to be him now that fixes it all. Ok anyways..gone for now...must reack more havok on other websites! WOOT!

Old 08-29-2007, 05:52 AM
Command Sergeant Major

Just be careful...through the AKO 'portal' you can set up alotments, get your LES, check on orders, set up appointments, etc. Very important. Good luck!

Old 08-29-2007, 08:58 AM
Sergeant First Class

Angry

his ako is being a douche and wont let me on..... but it works at my cousins.,....grrr. i think i need to dl the certification but then i tryto put in his info to do it and it says WRONG grr its gay

Old 08-29-2007, 09:11 PM
Sergeant

Ok....glad it's not just me having AKO problems. Sorry that came out wrong, but hey it's true...I don't want to be the only one wanting to throw my pc out the window cause I'm getting frustrated with AKO. Again that comes out wrong...I'm so bad at putting the right words into a sentence.