armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Basic Training
User Name
Password

Old 04-27-2006, 05:42 PM
Private

Default you dont have to join!

you are all sending yourselves away to a quick and terrible demise. why would you sign up for such a terrible idealogy. america is in iraq, afghanistan, etc. anywhere outside the continental us for no reason other than o hide insecurities. 9/11 happened because president bush needed to fullfill his vandetta he had against iraq, saddam, and any other country or peoples against the illigitimate state of israel. on israel, it is said theat every peoples deserves a place to live and call their homeland. after ww2, the un decided jews needed a place to settle, why palestine! if the jews are left "wandering" why not settle in german where they were masacred and slaughtered. the army is not the right place to go for college! i hope you are aware that there is such a program set in place called financial aid! it is to help people like you who dont know what to do with their lives, to go to college for a reasonable price. the army will not give you $20,000, full college, careers, etc. its all nice stuff they tell you to get you to sign the papers, but what your signing is not a contract to receive all these wonderful thigns, it is to send you to boot camp and send you to kill innocents and terrorize the world around us.

by the way im not some crazy liberal fanatic with nothing better to do, i go to school full time and work part itme and have a life. im poor, but i make ends meet.

Old 04-27-2006, 06:47 PM
Private

In my 12 years associated with the armed forces, I have never seen a contract not fulfilled by the government. I have seen individual members denied services due to their own actions or ignorance.
It just amazes me that there are people ignorant enough to believe in some conspiracy theory that involve our government perpetrating terrorism on our own just to justify payback.
Get a life, get educated, and for God's sake get a brain.

Old 04-27-2006, 09:37 PM
Colonel

Good little soldier.

Old 04-27-2006, 09:38 PM
Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarter
In my 12 years associated with the armed forces, I have never seen a contract not fulfilled by the government. I have seen individual members denied services due to their own actions or ignorance.
It just amazes me that there are people ignorant enough to believe in some conspiracy theory that involve our government perpetrating terrorism on our own just to justify payback.
Get a life, get educated, and for God's sake get a brain.
Enlistment is down because, thankfully some people do have a brain.

Old 04-28-2006, 03:34 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Common Sence
thankfully some people do have a brain.
You, are obviously not one of those people.

Old 04-28-2006, 08:01 PM
Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy
Recruitment numbers are low because of the high standards of the US Army. Many people are disqualified for insignificant things. Also, about 75% of the civilian population has a Highschool diploma. 95% of the Army does.

Not to mention the fact that desertion rates are DOWN the past 5 years.

By the way gungho, you have no idea what you're talking about.
That doesn't explain why recruitment is down. Unless standards were recently increased. I know that in 2005 non highschool or GED equiv. + category IV recruits were increased by permitted %.

You do have high standards...yes, but recruitment is down...even though the standards have loosened up slightly. What reason, other than a lack of interest in enlisting would cause that in this case?

Old 04-28-2006, 08:03 PM
Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacky
You, are obviously not one of those people.
I've been poked with Tacky's stick again...

Old 04-30-2006, 08:58 AM
Colonel

I think it's because they don't feel threatened. Not fear. Maybe you are right though...I'm sure we both are somewhat.

Old 05-17-2006, 08:58 AM
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy
The fact that desertion numbers are down means that the people who are in, want to be there.
Down, or not being properly reported? I will say this, there are ways to make numbers tell you whatever you want to know.

Old 05-17-2006, 10:26 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by indysix
Down, or not being properly reported? I will say this, there are ways to make numbers tell you whatever you want to know.
Nope, they're reported because the military likes to sends these guys to Leavenworth to make big rocks into little rocks. Makes us feel nice and warm.