armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Mobilization & Deployment
User Name
Password

Old 03-13-2009, 12:00 PM
Private First Class

Neither do I, I asked it in a civil and respectful way then these two members start to gain up on me, then they tell me to gain some "skin" even after I said I have no education on how the army works, if you ask me that's a jerk way of trying to educate someone about the army. I hardly doubt if i asked a Recruiter he wouldn't of gone off on someone that knows nothing about the army.

Old 03-13-2009, 12:04 PM
First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth keen View Post
Neither do I, I asked it in a civil and respectful way then these two members start to gain up on me, then they tell me to gain some "skin" even after I said I have no education on how the army works, if you ask me that's a jerk way of trying to educate someone about the army. I hardly doubt if i asked a Recruiter he wouldn't of gone off on someone that knows nothing about the army.
ya i get fully where your coming from. and honestly i don't get why they both got mad about it. "you really need to gain some skin!!" HA. jk. i find that kinda funny. and honestly i don't have any education on this either. and i don't think a recruiter should!

Old 03-13-2009, 06:41 PM
Corporal

I never understand why thin skinned-I left out lily livered- folks insist on hanging around military oriented forums.
They invariably ask something of a controversial nature and then get their lace shorts wadded up over inevitable responses.

As a kid there was always some snotty little punk who wanted to be allowed to play with the big boys.

They whined to their mom and we would have to let them play.

Every time they would get knocked on their butts they would run screaming to mommy about "meanies" and it started all over.

This guy knew dang well what response he would get, then tried to weasel out of it.

Old 03-13-2009, 06:45 PM
Private First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelp View Post
I never understand why thin skinned-I left out lily livered- folks insist on hanging around military oriented forums.
They invariably ask something of a controversial nature and then get their lace shorts wadded up over inevitable responses.

As a kid there was always some snotty little punk who wanted to be allowed to play with the big boys.

They whined to their mom and we would have to let them play.

Every time they would get knocked on their butts they would run screaming to mommy about "meanies" and it started all over.

This guy knew dang well what response he would get, then tried to weasel out of it.
Alright this is enough, the discussions over.

Old 03-13-2009, 08:19 PM
Sergeant

Default My 2 cents

I've been watching this post for the past few days and I told myself I was not going to get involved, but I can't help not to. I mean no disrespect to anyone on this forum because a lot of you have helped me with my personal questions, but I think some of you might have jumped the gun. You might want to go back and re-read his post.

I think the most important part of his post is this sentence...

Quote:
I'm not saying I would refuse, but what if something like a family issue comes up and you need to be there for them.
He was not asking if there was some way to avoid deployment, but merely asking if a "family issue" should arise would he be allowed to stay behind and take care of it. Now, what I think we should really take into consideration is the possibilities of what his "family issues" could be. We don't know if he has a sick family member or even a child that at some point might need him to be around. There is an infinite number of possiblities that might require his presence. It's better that he asks now before he enlists into the Army without being able to commit himself fully.

Quote:
Apologize, I have no education about the Army or how It is set up or works. So you'll probably be seeing a lot of questions from me like this
Now, this is another important part of his post. He is obviously unaware of the Army's policies like many of us here. That's why we come to these forums so that those of you who are aware could answer our questions and help us understand. I really don't think he came here to offend anyone and I really don't think he was trying to find a way to avoid deployement. Otherwise, he would be asking questions like the gentlemen MSG mentioned.

I underdstand many of you have been affected by deployement in some way or another, whether it is you who's been deployed, or a loved one, but I still don't think we should treat Mr. Keen so unfairly, without fully understanding his situation. I agree, it's upsetting when someone joins the military and tries to avoid deployment, but I don't think that's the case here.

Well anyways, that's my 2 cents. I hope I wasn't disrespectful to anyone here and if I was I truly apologize. I just want Mr. Keen to get the same out of this forum as I did and do, which is great help and support.

Have a great day!

Old 03-13-2009, 09:52 PM
First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiHer82 View Post
I've been watching this post for the past few days and I told myself I was not going to get involved, but I can't help not to. I mean no disrespect to anyone on this forum because a lot of you have helped me with my personal questions, but I think some of you might have jumped the gun. You might want to go back and re-read his post.

I think the most important part of his post is this sentence...

He was not asking if there was some way to avoid deployment, but merely asking if a "family issue" should arise would he be allowed to stay behind and take care of it. Now, what I think we should really take into consideration is the possibilities of what his "family issues" could be. We don't know if he has a sick family member or even a child that at some point might need him to be around. There is an infinite number of possiblities that might require his presence. It's better that he asks now before he enlists into the Army without being able to commit himself fully.

Now, this is another important part of his post. He is obviously unaware of the Army's policies like many of us here. That's why we come to these forums so that those of you who are aware could answer our questions and help us understand. I really don't think he came here to offend anyone and I really don't think he was trying to find a way to avoid deployement. Otherwise, he would be asking questions like the gentlemen MSG mentioned.

I underdstand many of you have been affected by deployement in some way or another, whether it is you who's been deployed, or a loved one, but I still don't think we should treat Mr. Keen so unfairly, without fully understanding his situation. I agree, it's upsetting when someone joins the military and tries to avoid deployment, but I don't think that's the case here.

Well anyways, that's my 2 cents. I hope I wasn't disrespectful to anyone here and if I was I truly apologize. I just want Mr. Keen to get the same out of this forum as I did and do, which is great help and support.

Have a great day!

very nice way to put it. and i totally agree with how you put every single part of that. good job

Old 03-14-2009, 07:49 PM
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmedik View Post
Yeah, your going to do great at basic training!
That is just what I was thinking!

Old 03-16-2009, 07:10 AM
Sergeant First Class

Default My point

I think it's hilarious that he felt compelled to ask the question to begin with. Any moron that has sense enough to pour piss out of his shoes knows that in todays military, if you enlist you will be deployed. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out by his question that he is looking for a way into the military and at the samre time lower or negate his chances of deployment. I also find it funny when he states "it's not like I would refuse" in regards to what he would do WHEN he is deployed. I can guarantee you that you would not refuse!! If you cant stand a little heat when some one answers your questions than dont enlist at all. I can assure you thayt whenever you ask your drill a question he is not going to cuddle you when he answers. Unlike the civillian world there is NO political correctness in BCT. You WILL be abused(to a certain extent), You WILL get your feelings hurt, you WILL be told on occassion that your question is stupid!!(mostly because the drill has answered the question several times before you ask again) My point is this...Dont pose a question you already know the answer to in the hopes that us old salty dogs will show you a way out. Even if there were (and there are) ways to get out of deployment I wouldnt and I am sure my other forum members wouldnt tell you. I think that 5 pages of remarks from you is more than enough Mr. Sensitive!!

Old 03-16-2009, 07:34 AM
First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmedik View Post
I think it's hilarious that he felt compelled to ask the question to begin with. Any moron that has sense enough to pour piss out of his shoes knows that in todays military, if you enlist you will be deployed. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out by his question that he is looking for a way into the military and at the samre time lower or negate his chances of deployment. I also find it funny when he states "it's not like I would refuse" in regards to what he would do WHEN he is deployed. I can guarantee you that you would not refuse!! If you cant stand a little heat when some one answers your questions than dont enlist at all. I can assure you thayt whenever you ask your drill a question he is not going to cuddle you when he answers. Unlike the civillian world there is NO political correctness in BCT. You WILL be abused(to a certain extent), You WILL get your feelings hurt, you WILL be told on occassion that your question is stupid!!(mostly because the drill has answered the question several times before you ask again) My point is this...Dont pose a question you already know the answer to in the hopes that us old salty dogs will show you a way out. Even if there were (and there are) ways to get out of deployment I wouldnt and I am sure my other forum members wouldnt tell you. I think that 5 pages of remarks from you is more than enough Mr. Sensitive!!
holy **** he obviously didn't know the answer or else he wouldn't have asked..

jerk

Old 03-16-2009, 08:41 AM
Sergeant First Class

Default Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by missinhim View Post
holy **** he obviously didn't know the answer or else he wouldn't have asked..

jerk
First off the premeire sign of weakness is name calling. If you cant debate intelligently then go back to your Hollywood Insider website and continue your online discussion about Brittany's new hair color or your favorite crush. I can guarentee you he knew the answer to his question. If he is that stupid then he need not join the Army. When your beloved joined did you really need to ask that question?? You knew that when he joined he had a Strong chance of being deployed!! I know this from your previous posts!! Dont try and defend such a moronic "question" He wasnt asking a question, he was looking for an out!! I dont care what you think or say!! Is there anyone out there who does not believe that they will not be deployed if they enlist??? I dont think so. You need to learn to read the real question behind the words. He even stated in his "question" what he would do if it came about. I was born at night but it wasnt last night!!! Be careful with your name calling.. I got more time serving my country then you probably have being on this earth.!!!