armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Basic Training
User Name
Password

Old 03-02-2009, 05:09 PM
Recruit

Default Ft L Wood Graduations

My husband is in basic at Ft Leonard Wood and is going to be doing AIT there also. He was told that they were not going to have graduation from basic because the guys are going to go straight into AIT then have a graduation. Now I know they will say things to get them upset of whatever but this one kinda makes sense...i guess... but I am pretty new to this stuff and I need to know...CAN THEY DO THAT? Also if they are 'gettin their goat' how do i find out what the graduation day is? I'm a planner...I have to plan this stuff...I have 3 kids and extended family that needs to budget for this.

Any info would be great

Thanks

Old 03-02-2009, 06:59 PM
Sergeant First Class

When did he leave for basic is he osut and they ussally have a graduation from basic even if you go to the same place for ait you can look up fort leonard woods website and get the dates for graduation from it just need to know what company he is in and on what date he started basic and what is his mos

Old 03-02-2009, 07:18 PM
Recruit

My husband graduated last Thursday, feb26th. They will send you an iternery two months before he graduates with the date time list of hotels in the area map everything. Drill sargents just mess with their heads. He will get pass the weekend after his graduation and graduations are on Thursdays. You can e mail me if you have any other questions. I know a lot about the ft. Leonard wood area. My email is [email]hamsam04@yahoo.com[/email]

Old 03-03-2009, 06:01 AM
Brigadier General

If he's in an OSUT class they'll have a small ceremony after the BCT phase & possibly the weekend off & then straight to the AIT phase to learn their MOS. It'll be the same place, same guys, same Drill Sgts just a more advanced training. After the AIT phase is over they'll have the main graduation ceremony.

I'm basing this on Infantry OSUT at Ft. Benning as well as all of the Combat Arms OSUTs I've been involved with but that's more than likely the scenario.
Retired MSG
I was a Soldier. I am a Soldier. I will always be a Soldier.

Old 03-04-2009, 06:14 PM
Private

Default Ft Leonard Wood graduation...

My husband is also doing BCT and his AIT at Ft. Leonard Wood (graduation from BCT April 23rd, woo-hoo!).
If you go to Ft. Leonard Wood's website ([url]www.wood.army.mil[/url]) and click on his school (CBRN, Engineer, Military Police) it will give you a list of the units. Click on his unit, then his company, and it usually will have some information on graduation. Example, my husband is in the CBRN, E Company with the 2/10 Infantry Regiment... if your husband is CBRN, go to [url]www.wood.army.mil/cbrns/family.html[/url] and that will take you to the units =) I haven't gotten the packet sent to me on his graduation yet, but atleast this site helped.

Old 04-02-2009, 04:50 PM
Recruit

Default CBRN Graduations

Can anyone tell me if the CBRN Graduations are 1 day or 2? Thanks

Old 04-14-2009, 10:06 PM
Private First Class

Cool

My husband went to basic same place he had one after basic and one after AIT he was able to come to our hotel for the day after basic and spend the day off base then they went to AIT the next day but with budget cuts and such he very well may only be having one graduation