armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Mobilization & Deployment
User Name
Password

Old 09-22-2008, 03:28 PM
Staff Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owtthugz View Post
Is There any job in the army that would keep u from gettin deployed ?
Thats a really crazy question. Do you understand?

Old 09-22-2008, 04:28 PM
Private

Wink enjoy the comments

Just found this site today and enjoying the feedback. Fireball do get a kick out of your responses as anyone in Military, married into it, or otherwise. knows .......shipping out is pretty certain. suprising enough the desire to be part of brotherhood drives the soldiers to stand with eachother in battle or in peace. they prefer Peace but if asked to fight they do it with all they have. As an American i respect that , as a Army Wife and Army MOM along with my daughter now an "Army Wife" we fear for our loved ones but stand firm being the solid ground they can count on. So though deployment is not a time folks are jumping up and down for joy the training you work so hard to accomplish is finally going to be used. The person at home ( Wife, Husband, Girlfriend) has the hard job of staying strong while you go for weeks not hearing from them or one day you could be in contact then suddenly they are out in the field and have no idea when you will hear again. Being an Army Wife you learn to keep yourself busy. not the life for someone who can't do without their spouse. A bit of stress but again you learn to wait very well.

Old 09-22-2008, 04:46 PM
Staff Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Army wife & mom View Post
not the life for someone who can't do without their spouse. A bit of stress but again you learn to wait very well.
I'm divorced 4 times. Too many women don't know how to wait. Old fashion values don't seem to egsist anymore

Old 09-22-2008, 05:01 PM
Private

Smile share some experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owtthugz View Post
Is There any job in the army that would keep u from gettin deployed ?
Not sure if you are still seeking answer but thought since read this would share a thought. Getting deplyoyed is not a problem it gives you the chance to see the world. Some places you may not want to see again.....others you may want to extend just to stay. I think they point is if you are in the Military , you have chosen a job and you train like hell to do it and do it well. You get the opportunity to use that training in all different places, if you join the Military in hope of fighting in combat you may never see it. If you join thinking you will never see combat you would hate to be wrong and in the middle of a War.

From the eyes of a Colonel's wife and mom of a PFC ,have to mention also a mother inlaw to a PFC there are many different reasons men/women join the Military. Whatever it is that brought you there, you have to work as a team, you start out with the basic training (ROTC for some) you are trained hard and retrained on what it is that is expected of you, it is not alway pleasant but it is important. I have watched a son/son inlaw go in as a boy and return as confident men. they are ready for what is asked of them because they are well trained for it. Army trains you for a job and where you do it .......wherever they need you

Old 09-22-2008, 05:14 PM
Staff Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armygirl4Ever View Post
We're a nation at war, if you don't want to deploy don't join the military, that's the reality of it.
Yep sure is. Don't join its futile and very misguided

Old 09-22-2008, 05:22 PM
Private

Lightbulb communication key

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diego View Post
I'm divorced 4 times. Too many women don't know how to wait. Old fashion values don't seem to egsist anymore
I think desire to wait is individual and communication is key really. My husband I were apart 2yrs. He made sure he bought special cards and sent one each month and then remember special occasions too. He had flowers sent on my birthday. We sent funny pics to eachother of what was going on with our days. I also had an understanding of what was asked of me when i entered this marriage but as any relationship with my husband or Army life there is times when we disagree. Army has its rules and regulations so makes it challenging. Now my husband is retired so you figure the moving, uncertainty is over.....nah think again. He is still working for Military and travels for long trips away. We now will be moving to Germany for 3yrs. soon. I wouldn't be here if I didn't love the adventure and unexpected twists and turns being part of the Military brings. I have been lucky to travel and be part of the exciting job my husband does and glad he treats me as someone he respects enough to include in it. We share it all.

Old 09-22-2008, 05:33 PM
Staff Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Army wife & mom View Post

I think desire to wait is individual and communication is key really. My husband I were apart 2yrs. He made sure he bought special cards and sent one each month and then remember special occasions too. He had flowers sent on my birthday. We sent funny pics to eachother of what was going on with our days. I also had an understanding of what was asked of me when i entered this marriage but as any relationship with my husband or Army life there is times when we disagree. Army has its rules and regulations so makes it challenging. Now my husband is retired so you figure the moving, uncertainty is over.....nah think again. He is still working for Military and travels for long trips away. We now will be moving to Germany for 3yrs. soon. I wouldn't be here if I didn't love the adventure and unexpected twists and turns being part of the Military brings. I have been lucky to travel and be part of the exciting job my husband does and glad he treats me as someone he respects enough to include in it. We share it all.
Of course you are right in a perfect world. Only we don't live in one of those so I can only talk from experience. Women( too many of them) get fed up of waitin around and so they start screwin around. Happened alot during WW2. Eric Clapton wouldn't be here for sure if his mother hadn't gone wayward and found some hot hot Canadian soldier and where would we be then huh, NO "Sunshine of your love" for sure
Its just life, don't be frightened of living it and don't expect her to wear a chastity belt either while your away

Old 09-22-2008, 07:18 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diego View Post
Of course you are right in a perfect world. Only we don't live in one of those so I can only talk from experience. Women( too many of them) get fed up of waitin around and so they start screwin around. Happened alot during WW2. Eric Clapton wouldn't be here for sure if his mother hadn't gone wayward and found some hot hot Canadian soldier and where would we be then huh, NO "Sunshine of your love" for sure
Its just life, don't be frightened of living it and don't expect her to wear a chastity belt either while your away
I think that's a jaded perspective. Not all Army spouses cheat and many Soldiers cheat too, it's a two way street. I see that you were burned and therefore that is where your opinion comes from (fact for you). Not everyone cheats. I know plenty of couples who are going on 15-20 years of marriage in the military.

Old 09-23-2008, 01:42 AM
Staff Sergeant

Quote:
I think that's a jaded perspective.
Not all Army spouses cheat and many Soldiers cheat too, it's a two way street. I see that you were burned and therefore that is where your opinion comes from (fact for you). Not everyone cheats. I know plenty of couples who are going on 15-20 years of marriage in the military.
Jaded? No its pretty common. The long deployments are to blame. Most guys I know are in and out of relationships. Those women just can't keep still

Old 09-23-2008, 05:42 AM
Private

Thumbs up jaded

Quote:
I think that's a jaded perspective. Not all Army spouses cheat and many Soldiers cheat too, it's a two way street. I see that you were burned and therefore that is where your opinion comes from (fact for you). Not everyone cheats. I know plenty of couples who are going on 15-20 years of marriage in the military.
Armygirl4ever, you got it! Diego, so sorry that you have had a bad experience. I agree not all Army wives cheat. There are many of us that stand beside our husband/wife and hold down the fort while they are gone. We do it because we LOVE them so cheating has nothing to do with Army, it is a CHARACTER flaw. My husband and I respect each other and trust each other so cheating aint happenen. Relationships, long distant or otherwise are work. I do agree that seperation for Military couples is long and difficult the frustration of not having eachother when one or both of you are stressed,hurt or angry can wear down a marriage if not addressed quickly. So you agree to disagree.......you soothe the rattled nerves when you can, you let them know they are loved each day. When you are at the end of the rope, you tie a knot and you hang on! Thats Marriage, Army or otherwise! Oh, my husband and I were friends first so we knew what would hurt each other wouldn't do anything to lose that friendship.