armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Mobilization & Deployment
User Name
Password

Old 04-09-2008, 09:04 AM
Second Lieutenant

Default Help for parents

I was cruising through the FRG site and found this download that many of you might find helpful. I didn't put the link on here because I wasn't sure I a) knew how and b) was legally able to. I am sure you can google it or maybe even find it elsewhere on this site. It is Your Soldier Your Army A Parents' Guide written by Vicki Cody and published by the Institure of Land Warfare Association of the United States Army. It has lots of good information. Check it out!

By the way if your son or daughter is deploying, the FRG is a great way to keep tabs on his/her unit.

Old 04-16-2008, 06:27 PM
Private

can someone tell me what FRG is please....i just found out my son i deploying .....

Old 04-16-2008, 08:41 PM
Second Lieutenant

It stands for Family Readiness Group. I signed up when my son deployed. It's pretty cool. The one for my son's unit has a website that I can access to get recent information about his unit. They do a lot of work on base to support the families of the soldiers. I had to wait until he actually deployed then sent them an email with his info and mine. Pretty easy. Go to armyfrg.org and check it out. Good luck to you and your son. Mine will be coming home with his unit sometime this summer.

Old 04-18-2008, 04:27 PM
Corporal

Default It's a Good BooK!

Hi All! I know I havent' been on in awhile again, but saw thie thread and just had to chime in! I accidently found out about FRG's, nine monthe into my son's deployment. After registering on the site I called one of the FRG contacts, introduced myself, and got alot of information which did help. A few days later I received a small package in the mail from this FRG contact with a note and this Book in it! It is really helpful, I've been able to understand how certain things work in the Army, as well as the terminology,etc! I'm very grateful for the kindness of this FRG contact!

Old 04-29-2008, 01:32 PM
Private

thank you for the info! i will definitely check it out! this site is just a wonderful place! thanks for having me! lol!

Old 04-30-2008, 02:02 PM
Private

i found the site but i guess he is not a member because it won't allow me in...i will just have to wait and see if they will eventually put him in.. have a wonderful day! HOOAH!

Old 05-01-2008, 07:25 AM
Second Lieutenant

I had to wait until after he deployed, then I sent an e-mail to the contact person and they put me in the system. They were very helpful.

Old 05-01-2008, 08:36 PM
Brigadier General

Send a message via Yahoo to Fireball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txmom42 View Post
I was cruising through the FRG site and found this download that many of you might find helpful. I didn't put the link on here because I wasn't sure I a) knew how and b) was legally able to. I am sure you can google it or maybe even find it elsewhere on this site. It is Your Soldier Your Army A Parents' Guide written by Vicki Cody and published by the Institure of Land Warfare Association of the United States Army. It has lots of good information. Check it out!

By the way if your son or daughter is deploying, the FRG is a great way to keep tabs on his/her unit.
I have heard wonderful things about this book as well. It is my understanding that Vicki has a long history in the Army. Her hubby had a long well known army career and it wasn't until her son went in that she felt there wasn't enough things for parents. hahaha! After I get through the books I have - I want to read that one as well.

-Fireball
Army Wife and mother of 3

Old 05-02-2008, 11:46 AM
Second Lieutenant

It is great. She does have years of experience as a wife, mother of 2 deployed sons, and as a mother-in-law. Lots of good information.

Old 02-03-2009, 07:26 PM
Recruit

Send a message via Yahoo to DevinsMom1
Default what is FRG?

Sorry to be such an idiot on this. I saw that an FRG is a way to keep tabs on his/her unit. How does this work. Also are there any chats for parents of soldiers? Thank you for your time in this matter.