armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Mobilization & Deployment
User Name
Password

Old 03-01-2008, 04:45 PM
Staff Sergeant

Default Lost in the mix....

Ok my son called and said he found out where he was going after AIT. I was glad to hear that... His AKO? said Fort Stewart in Georgia. Man, i was glad... We are in Gerogia.. He was going to get home town Recruiting and be home for ten days I think that is right. Then his AKO said he would seven days to get to Fort Stewart. Well that is only four hours from our house. that would have been great.

Then he calls back the next night and said no he is not going to Fort Stewart. He is headed for Fort Hood in Texas and he only has four dys to get there?!?!

I don't understand.. can somebody help me out. I need a clue... Could this be for real? Only four days to get from Ft leonard Wood to come home get his wife and stuff and get to Fort hood? What a hell of a job...

I was talking about getting him and his stuff to Fort Hood.
Lost in confusion,

MTOMOM

Last edited by mtomom; 03-01-2008 at 05:33 PM..

Old 03-01-2008, 05:14 PM
Brigadier General

That sounds strange to me unless he had faulty info from the start. Normally orders aren't cut until shortly before AIT is completed unless he had a unit-of-choice contract. As far as I know, & my info is a bit old, the main Unit at Stewart is several BCTs of the 3d Infantry Division. There's also the 1st Ranger Batt. located near there at Hunter Army Air Field.
Retired MSG
I was a Soldier. I am a Soldier. I will always be a Soldier.

Old 03-01-2008, 05:35 PM
Staff Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG Glenn View Post
That sounds strange to me unless he had faulty info from the start. Normally orders aren't cut until shortly before AIT is completed unless he had a unit-of-choice contract. As far as I know, & my info is a bit old, the main Unit at Stewart is several BCTs of the 3d Infantry Division. There's also the 1st Ranger Batt. located near there at Hunter Army Air Field.
He had to choose three bases that he wanted before he left. But none of them were fort hood.. So what is at fort hood? Anybody know!

Old 03-01-2008, 07:24 PM
Brigadier General

Send a message via AIM to Nightflyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG Glenn View Post
Yeah, same here. It does sound like a FUBAR....I recivied my orders from TRADOC..The day of meps and recivied them again on the day of graduation..I graduated on Feb 16th, from Relaxin' Jackson SC. My parents signed me out..I was to report to FT Mother Rucker AL....on March 5th..I went home for 15 days and left Newark's Liberty airport on March 3rd ...I reported for duty at 1400 hrs..

Spc. Nightflyer. Spec 4 Mafia.
Army Aviation. Air Assualt.
Black berets forever.
U S A

Classic. And we get it.

Posted by... Nightflyer..Go get me a beer....
Posted by Zekos....get me one too b.itch Posted by... Exo1.Haha!!... good man!!.... .........yeah!!.... while your out there get me one too.....Posted by... SniperALpha1Corona with lime is the way to go. CAUSE THAT'S AMERICA *****!Posted by...Zidane Whiskey pl0x.

Old 03-01-2008, 07:45 PM
Second Lieutenant

My son didn't have any leave time between Ft Benning and Ft Lewis. He's been in a year in April and still hasn't had any leave time other than a long weekend. He is currently deployed. I live here in TX but I could not tell you what is at Ft Hood. Check out their website.

Old 03-01-2008, 08:36 PM
Brigadier General

Send a message via AIM to Nightflyer
Cool The Hood.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtomom View Post
He had to choose three bases that he wanted before he left. But none of them were fort hood.. So what is at fort hood? Anybody know!
Here you go ..The Hood....Boots to the ground...

Quote:
[url]http://www.hood.army.mil/forthood/[/url]

There's a good chance he may still come home for a few days..Check his orders and the day he is to report to the Hood. Here's some info...Ck the site out...

Aircraft Air Defense Artillery
Antiarmor Weapons
Indirect Fire Systems
Individual & Crew-Served Weapons & Equipment
Nuclear, Bio.,Chem. Defense Equipment
Tracked Vehicles
Wheeled Vehicles

Good Luck with the FUBB....

Spc. Nightflyer. Spec 4 Mafia.
Army Aviation. Air Assualt.
Black berets forever.
U S A

Classic. And we get it.

Posted by... Nightflyer..Go get me a beer....
Posted by Zekos....get me one too b.itch Posted by... Exo1.Haha!!... good man!!.... .........yeah!!.... while your out there get me one too.....Posted by... SniperALpha1Corona with lime is the way to go. CAUSE THAT'S AMERICA *****!Posted by...Zidane Whiskey pl0x.

Old 03-01-2008, 09:27 PM
Private First Class

Send a message via Yahoo to jadesmommy1984

i may be wrong, but i dont think he has only 4 days to get his wife and all the stuff to hood, i think HE has to be there, then he will get to take a 10 day tdy and that time will be to get the family moved. i could be way off...forgive me if i am.

Old 03-02-2008, 03:29 PM
Corporal

Smile

Hi there! I don't know you and am not up to date on your son's situation, but I can tell you about my son's experience after AIT. He did his basic at Knox in early 2006, and then was sent immediately to AIT at Aberdeen Proving Ground. His MOS is light-weight vehicle mechanic. That Graduation was later that year. Immediately after all of them were given their orders, though they knew where they were going at least a few days before. They did get leave, and my son came back to NJ, did Hometown Recruiting for about 2 wks, then was on leave until he had to report to FT. Stewart in Georgia. Maybe your son hasn't gotten the right info. Or maybe in just the short time since then, or because of whatever his MOS is, they've changed things. It used to be that graduates did get 1-2wks leave before having to report to their 1st Duty Station. I would also agree that 4 Days to go home, pack out, and move his family is not what would usually happen. I also beleive Ft. Hood is in or near San Antonio TX. My eldest nephew lives there. It's a beautiful city. Ft. Stewart is where my son's Duty Station is, although he's currently ********. Hope this helps.

Last edited by A#1Mom; 04-21-2008 at 02:02 PM.. Reason: Technocal Advise

Old 03-03-2008, 02:42 AM
Brigadier General

Send a message via Yahoo to Fireball

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtomom View Post
Ok my son called and said he found out where he was going after AIT. I was glad to hear that... His AKO? said Fort Stewart in Georgia. Man, i was glad... We are in Gerogia.. He was going to get home town Recruiting and be home for ten days I think that is right. Then his AKO said he would seven days to get to Fort Stewart. Well that is only four hours from our house. that would have been great.

Then he calls back the next night and said no he is not going to Fort Stewart. He is headed for Fort Hood in Texas and he only has four dys to get there?!?!

I don't understand.. can somebody help me out. I need a clue... Could this be for real? Only four days to get from Ft leonard Wood to come home get his wife and stuff and get to Fort hood? What a hell of a job...

I was talking about getting him and his stuff to Fort Hood.
Lost in confusion,

MTOMOM
I am at the "hood" it isn't too bad. Anyway, 4 days to get there PROBABLY means he has four days to travel...?? For example, we were coming from Ohio and got three days paid travel... so if we took 6 days to get here... then we'd pay for the other three we took. J graduated AIT mid Aug. and we had to be at our post on or before Sept. 6th (or something like that). We went early. The movers will schedule a time to pack up his family asap. Unless they want to move their own stuff... which I wouldn't recommend. That's just me though. Less hassle. Just take things you need... ie: paperwork (birth certs, sscards, etc...) things you need immediately when you get there and don't want to search through boxes for. J had to get permission to go home and get his personal vehicle... (and family) and was granted time to get his car - which gave him a little later date to arrive at the hood... maybe your son can look into that if his reporting time is rushed... that permission allowed us all to travel down together.

Good luck... oh and not shocking that his orders changed. Js changed three times before AIT was out. In addition, the three bases he put down is a WISH LIST... while some get it... others don't. We didn't have Hood down either.

-Fireball
Army Wife and mother of 3

Old 03-03-2008, 07:37 AM
Staff Sergeant

Smile talked to him last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
I am at the "hood" it isn't too bad. Anyway, 4 days to get there PROBABLY means he has four days to travel...?? For example, we were coming from Ohio and got three days paid travel... so if we took 6 days to get here... then we'd pay for the other three we took. J graduated AIT mid Aug. and we had to be at our post on or before Sept. 6th (or something like that). We went early. The movers will schedule a time to pack up his family asap. Unless they want to move their own stuff... which I wouldn't recommend. That's just me though. Less hassle. Just take things you need... ie: paperwork (birth certs, sscards, etc...) things you need immediately when you get there and don't want to search through boxes for. J had to get permission to go home and get his personal vehicle... (and family) and was granted time to get his car - which gave him a little later date to arrive at the hood... maybe your son can look into that if his reporting time is rushed... that permission allowed us all to travel down together.

Good luck... oh and not shocking that his orders changed. Js changed three times before AIT was out. In addition, the three bases he put down is a WISH LIST... while some get it... others don't. We didn't have Hood down either.
He said that he is going to get hometown something.. And will be home for ten days. Then he has to leave to report in seven days. Sounds much better.

They don't have much. They have been living in one room at her families house. So I htink they are going to move it all theirself. He did tell me that him and some of the other guys that are headed there called to find out about housing.. They told them a two year wait. So does that mean they have to go off base right?

Fireball you are great... I am so glad you are there.. Can you give me any info, that might help them?

Hoping for the best,

MTOMOM