armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > The Lounge
User Name
Password

Old 05-22-2009, 01:52 PM
Sergeant First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollisrae View Post
the one thing that keeps me going is he might get another leave since his tour is being extended. if that's the case then it will be a ton easier. if not i don't know what i'm gonna do.... thank the Goddess for you and lauren!!! i would be going completelly nuts if it wasn't for you two!! *huggs* ewwwwww!!pneumonia germs!!!!
Another leave would make it easier! I hope that does happen should his tour be extended! *fingers and toes crossed*

Old 05-22-2009, 02:14 PM
Command Sergeant Major

Send a message via MSN to hollisrae Send a message via Yahoo to hollisrae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier gf View Post
Another leave would make it easier! I hope that does happen should his tour be extended! *fingers and toes crossed*
Yay!! ditto on that one!! we will see. it's not approved for sure so we will see. just kinna wanting to see him for the holidays at least you know???

Old 05-22-2009, 03:46 PM
First Lieutenant

Quote:
oh now that is just evil!!!! LMAO good thing i love you as much as i do!! HAHAHA you can hug me, just don't cough on me!!!!
ok i can do that he's almost here

well sorta!

Old 05-23-2009, 12:57 AM
Corporal

Send a message via Yahoo to bgd8rd
Angry

Quote:
BGD, just take a deep breath and realise that you are there to do a job, and a very important one at that. My bf is there too and i have heard of some of the stuff that you guys are going thru. The fact that he was a civvi prob doesn't make it any better but just let it roll off your shoulders. you have been there for 14mo already, so your tour is almost over right? Just think, your are almost done and ready to go home! You won't have to deal with it much longer!!
My job here isn't important. I know, I know, everyone back home thinks everyone over here is doing dangerous things day in and day out. It couldn't be further from the truth with me. I watch nasty, filthy, stinky detainees 12 hours a day. They have priority over soldiers, I am not kidding when I say that. They'd rather fix their AC in their little caravans before they would fix ours. It says nothing in the Geneva Convention that these people have to have AC. Hell, 90 percent of these people don't have AC in their homes where ever they live in Iraq. That's just one, I could go on and on. BASIC NEEDS! That's it! This Hearts and Minds if for the Birds! They are playing the game to get out so they can go back to their IED ways. I wish I could run this place for a whole month and make changes. I'm neither delusional or a dip***** and can think rationally because I haven't let the Army brainwash me. How people put up with this crap for 20 years is beyond me.

Old 05-23-2009, 05:58 AM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgd8rd View Post
My job here isn't important. I know, I know, everyone back home thinks everyone over here is doing dangerous things day in and day out. It couldn't be further from the truth with me. I watch nasty, filthy, stinky detainees 12 hours a day. They have priority over soldiers, I am not kidding when I say that. They'd rather fix their AC in their little caravans before they would fix ours. It says nothing in the Geneva Convention that these people have to have AC. Hell, 90 percent of these people don't have AC in their homes where ever they live in Iraq. That's just one, I could go on and on. BASIC NEEDS! That's it! This Hearts and Minds if for the Birds! They are playing the game to get out so they can go back to their IED ways. I wish I could run this place for a whole month and make changes. I'm neither delusional or a dip***** and can think rationally because I haven't let the Army brainwash me. How people put up with this crap for 20 years is beyond me.
That's sad that you feel that way and understandable, I know many Soldiers who feel the same way you do. Reading your posts I know that the Army hasn't been a positive experience for you, and that really does make me sad. The Army can be a really great lifestyle, sadly it sounds like that hasn't been the case for you.

My husband has been in the military for 20 years (he is far from brainwashed) and while we haven't always had the best units and experiences, they have been a learning experience. Since this unit is all that you have to judge the Army on and you have already stated that you hate your job and your unit, it's not really a fair opinion since you have nothing to compare it to.

I hope your next month of deployment goes well and that the next phase of your journey in life brings you much happiness.

Old 05-23-2009, 06:16 AM
Brigadier General

ArmyGirl,

bgd must be extremely happy. You must have heard the old saying "a bitching soldier is a happy soldier"!

Keep your chin up bgd. It'll eventually get better & after awhile you'll get used to the smell. Be glad those tangoes are behind bars & not out causing harm to innocents. It might not seem like it to you but your job is an important one. Who else can pass on the info that the AC is not working!

All kidding aside, who would you rather have keep them in the slammer - you & your buddies or an Iraqi citizen who may or may not have any terrorist leanings? Your job IS important if not desirable.
Retired MSG
I was a Soldier. I am a Soldier. I will always be a Soldier.

Old 05-23-2009, 06:18 AM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG Glenn View Post
ArmyGirl,

bgd must be extremely happy. You must have heard the old saying "a bitching soldier is a happy soldier"!
Well yes, I had heard that, LOL...thanks for reminding me...I'll let him bask in his happiness!

Old 05-23-2009, 06:46 AM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgd8rd View Post
Here you go again..."Mr Moaner"....Every job in the Army is important...every sector is a small part of the engine...without one piece no matter how small the rest stops working or at least dosnt work to its full potential.

ArmyGirl is right...Do not generalize the Army across the board because of one(your) experience.

Maybe its you that has the problem not the US Army...Some people just dont have the forces in them and theres no shame in that whatsoever...It isnt for everyone and the whole Army shouldnt be tared with the same brush just because of your personal experience(its not the same for everyone)

All the best to you.
and I'll show you a man waiting for a beating.

كافر

Old 05-23-2009, 04:10 PM
Corporal

Send a message via Yahoo to bgd8rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armygirl4Ever View Post
That's sad that you feel that way and understandable, I know many Soldiers who feel the same way you do. Reading your posts I know that the Army hasn't been a positive experience for you, and that really does make me sad. The Army can be a really great lifestyle, sadly it sounds like that hasn't been the case for you.

My husband has been in the military for 20 years (he is far from brainwashed) and while we haven't always had the best units and experiences, they have been a learning experience. Since this unit is all that you have to judge the Army on and you have already stated that you hate your job and your unit, it's not really a fair opinion since you have nothing to compare it to.

I hope your next month of deployment goes well and that the next phase of your journey in life brings you much happiness.
I realize I can't judge the Army as a whole on this one enlistment and only three years but that isn't my fault. This is what the Army has shown me. There is no way I can reenlist for anything. What if it's worse or the same? I'd be kicking myself for three more years of misery. I wish I liked the Army, I do. That would mean I would have found a career at the age of 27 and could be finished at the age of 47. I guess I am still in the search for a career. I'll just probably bounce around from odd job to odd job and work until I am 75, two years before I go.

Old 05-23-2009, 05:34 PM
Captain

Quote:
the one thing that keeps me going is he might get another leave since his tour is being extended. if that's the case then it will be a ton easier. if not i don't know what i'm gonna do.... thank the Goddess for you and lauren!!! i would be going completelly nuts if it wasn't for you two!! *huggs* ewwwwww!!pneumonia germs!!!!
The only way he would get another leave would be if his tour was extended an entire year, they won't give him another leave for 3 months.