armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Military Discussions > Support our Families
User Name
Password

Old 05-03-2009, 03:27 PM
Private

Default Red Phase

Yes, my friend from Platoon 1 talked to me yesterday and today and said they got bumped back to the Red Phase. I don't know if it will delay graduation or not. She didn't say anything of or relating to that. I sure hope not!!! *eeek* She told me the 3 days wasn't that bad except thier DS didn't let them put thier tents up for 2 days. They are on schedule for everything in training but I don't know what it means for them to be back in the red phase except for them to get smoked more. If you find out let me know. I used Victory Travel to make the reservations. They were VERY helpful and polite. I didn't make airline reservations as we are only about 600 miles from Ft. Jackson so we are going to drive. Besides that her mom hasn't and refuses to fly. They are supposed to have their final PT test on May 12. I hope you heard back from Jake and all is well. My best friend actually sounded REALLY good when I talked to her both yesterday and today. I think it's probably because it's almost over. After Victory Forge all they have to wait for is to graduate the next week!! HOOAH!

Old 05-08-2009, 11:56 PM
Private First Class

Question here is the latest...

So, I spoke with jake today. He says training is back on track and they are in white phase again. Hopefully, blue phase next week. My reservations are made and we are ready for graduation!

The problem now is that Jake has been sick, almost since the beginning, with bronchitis. He passed his first PT test just fine-well enough to get his phone back. Today, he had trouble running and his final PT test is Tuesday. He did go to sick call and got 3 days of antibiotics earlier in the week and an inhaler. He is worried that he won't pass the final. Does anyone know what happens if he can't pass due to illness, not inability?

He really sounded crappy. I told him to try to rest on Sunday and go back to sick call monday and ask for a "breathing treatment," which is albuterol in a mist.

Any thoughts?

I keep praying..

Proud mom of Jake

Old 05-09-2009, 05:31 PM
Sergeant First Class

Send a message via AIM to PaganAngel Send a message via MSN to PaganAngel

Im sure my response is extremely delayed... but far as I am concerned, they arent allowed to use their cell phones while in boot camp. My cousin went to Ft Jackson. We just wrote letters. =) But when they move into OSUT or AIT they can use their phones!

Old 05-10-2009, 12:24 PM
Private

Default Jakes Mom

What is Jakes last name? My friend is in the same platoon as him. She is sick as well. Ended up in medical care unti for 2 or 3 days. Ick!!! Only 17 days and a wake up until we see them!

Old 05-11-2009, 07:49 AM
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyBoots View Post
So, I spoke with jake today. He says training is back on track and they are in white phase again. Hopefully, blue phase next week. My reservations are made and we are ready for graduation!

The problem now is that Jake has been sick, almost since the beginning, with bronchitis. He passed his first PT test just fine-well enough to get his phone back. Today, he had trouble running and his final PT test is Tuesday. He did go to sick call and got 3 days of antibiotics earlier in the week and an inhaler. He is worried that he won't pass the final. Does anyone know what happens if he can't pass due to illness, not inability?

He really sounded crappy. I told him to try to rest on Sunday and go back to sick call monday and ask for a "breathing treatment," which is albuterol in a mist.

Any thoughts?

I keep praying..

Proud mom of Jake

If he can't pass final PT, he will probably be recycled into another unit....doesn't mean he'll have to start over, but usually repeat the last few weeks. They should give him at least a second chance to pass, maybe a third, but after that he'll be recycled. It all depends on so many factors... Just tell him to give it everything he's got... and we'll all keep praying for him.

Old 05-21-2009, 10:03 AM
Private

Default Hooah!!!

F company families and friends...only 6 days and a wake up until family day. GET EXCITED

Old 05-21-2009, 11:10 AM
Private First Class

Smile I am exicted!

Yes, only 6 days and a wake up! Jake passed his PT test with "room to spare." The last time I got a text from him was last Friday, saying that they were leaving for Victory Forge the next morning (Saturday). So, this should be day 6!

Who is your friend? Jake asked, but I didn't know here first name.

See you next week! Hooah!

donna...
Very Proud Mom of G.I. Jake
1/13 Foxtrot Co.
BCT Ft. Jackson-Grad 29 May, 2009!!!
AIT FLW

Old 05-22-2009, 09:26 AM
Private

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyBoots View Post
Yes, only 6 days and a wake up! Jake passed his PT test with "room to spare." The last time I got a text from him was last Friday, saying that they were leaving for Victory Forge the next morning (Saturday). So, this should be day 6!

Who is your friend? Jake asked, but I didn't know here first name.

See you next week! Hooah!

donna...
Very Proud Mom of G.I. Jake
1/13 Foxtrot Co.
BCT Ft. Jackson-Grad 29 May, 2009!!!
AIT FLW

Her name is Bruns. She asked me Jakes name but she said I needed to know the last name cause she didn't know who he was. Yes I am very excited. We are leaving from Souther Illinois Wednesday Morning.