armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Military Discussions > Military Hardware, Gear and Technology
User Name
Password

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

  #1  
Old 08-06-2008, 02:30 AM
jrj1000's Avatar
jrj1000 jrj1000 is offline
Brigadier General
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Living the dream!!!
Posts: 2,815
Default Kawasaki OH-1

The Kawasaki OH-1 is a light military reconnaissance helicopter for the Japan Ground Self-Defense Force, intended to replace the OH-6 Loach. Four have entered service so far, complementing the existing fleet of nearly 300 OH-6s.
The helicopter first flew in 1996. Powered by two Mitsubishi TS1 turboshafts, it features a Fenestron-type rotor-in-tail fan and E-Q sensor mounted forward of rotor head. It has two pylons under stub wings and can carry 291 lb (132 kg)[clarify] of Type 91 guided AAMs.
A total of four were delivered between May and August 1997. The Ground Self-Defense Force has penciled in purchases of 180 to 200 OH-Xs. That would be far fewer than the 297 OH-6Ds KHI had through March 1995, and even this goal could fall prey to the new defense budget realities in Japan.
The OH-1 is slated to replace the Hughes OH-6D, which remains in service as the primary aircraft in this role

Crew:- two, pilot and observer
Length:- 12.00 m (39 ft 4 in)
Rotor diameter: 11.60 m (38 ft 1 in)
Height: 3.80 m (12 ft 6 in)
Max takeoff weight: 4,000 kg (8,820 lb)
Powerplant: 2 Mitsubishi TSI-M10 turboshafts, 1,185 kW (884 shp) each

Performance

Maximum speed: 270 km/h (146 knots, 168 mph)
Range: 550 km (297 nm, 343 miles)
Service ceiling 3,480 m (11,400 ft)

Armament
4 pylons for disposable stores
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	800px-OH-1_JGSDF_20080518_4.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	314   Click image for larger version

Name:	kava_slika_8.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	315   Click image for larger version

Name:	kawasaki_oh1.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	316  
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old 08-06-2008, 01:41 PM
Marine4Life's Avatar
Marine4Life Marine4Life is offline
First Lieutenant
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Country
Posts: 796
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrj1000 View Post
The Kawasaki OH-1 is a light military reconnaissance helicopter for the Japan Ground Self-Defense Force, intended to replace the OH-6 Loach. Four have entered service so far, complementing the existing fleet of nearly 300 OH-6s.
The helicopter first flew in 1996. Powered by two Mitsubishi TS1 turboshafts, it features a Fenestron-type rotor-in-tail fan and E-Q sensor mounted forward of rotor head. It has two pylons under stub wings and can carry 291 lb (132 kg)[clarify] of Type 91 guided AAMs.
A total of four were delivered between May and August 1997. The Ground Self-Defense Force has penciled in purchases of 180 to 200 OH-Xs. That would be far fewer than the 297 OH-6Ds KHI had through March 1995, and even this goal could fall prey to the new defense budget realities in Japan.
The OH-1 is slated to replace the Hughes OH-6D, which remains in service as the primary aircraft in this role

Crew:- two, pilot and observer
Length:- 12.00 m (39 ft 4 in)
Rotor diameter: 11.60 m (38 ft 1 in)
Height: 3.80 m (12 ft 6 in)
Max takeoff weight: 4,000 kg (8,820 lb)
Powerplant: 2 Mitsubishi TSI-M10 turboshafts, 1,185 kW (884 shp) each

Performance

Maximum speed: 270 km/h (146 knots, 168 mph)
Range: 550 km (297 nm, 343 miles)
Service ceiling 3,480 m (11,400 ft)

Armament
4 pylons for disposable stores
I love attack choppers. Thats what I want to fly. We have the COBRA in the Marines. I want to fly it so bad.
__________________
OOH RAH!
Reply With Quote

  #3  
Old 08-06-2008, 07:56 PM
jrj1000's Avatar
jrj1000 jrj1000 is offline
Brigadier General
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Living the dream!!!
Posts: 2,815
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine4Life View Post
I love attack choppers. Thats what I want to fly. We have the COBRA in the Marines. I want to fly it so bad.
Yeah not a bad Attack Helicopter the Cobra...they are being faded out now though..its been a great Armour killer for almost 40 years...i like the upgrade version the USMC has on order....im going to post a thread on it
Reply With Quote

  #4  
Old 08-07-2008, 06:46 AM
Marine4Life's Avatar
Marine4Life Marine4Life is offline
First Lieutenant
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Country
Posts: 796
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrj1000 View Post
Yeah not a bad Attack Helicopter the Cobra...they are being faded out now though..its been a great Armour killer for almost 40 years...i like the upgrade version the USMC has on order....im going to post a thread on it
Bring it.
__________________
OOH RAH!
Reply With Quote

  #5  
Old 08-13-2008, 06:15 PM
torspo[fin]'s Avatar
torspo[fin] torspo[fin] is offline
Brigadier General
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Finland
Posts: 2,843
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine4Life View Post
Bring it.
haha... [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVlfyHc4OtU"]Bolide[/URL].

(for all the talk about attack-helis on this forum and the fact that we have none.)
__________________

Last edited by torspo[fin]; 08-13-2008 at 06:24 PM..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:58 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    
·Contact Us   ·Legal   ·Privacy   ·Link To Us    ·Advertise With Us    ·About Us    ·Site Map     
     Copyright 2004-2019 Activv, LLC. All rights reserved. Armyreal.com is a service provided by Activv.
This website is not affiliated, endorsed, authorized, or associated in any way with any government, military or country.