armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Military Discussions > Support our Families
User Name
Password

Old 08-05-2008, 03:49 PM
Recruit

Default Soldier cancelled child support payments

My friends daughter has a daughter from an Army soldier. It took him joining the army to start paying child support. He had no trouble claiming the child on his taxes and taking the earned income credit for his enjoyment. He recently deployed. He cancelled his child support allotment before he deployed. He has been a real bad father when it comes to supporting his child. He spent more money buying toys than he would ever spend raising his own child. Calling his first seargeant yielded no results. Does anyone have any suggestions on who to contact? The father can care less if his child is supported. I supported his child for 18 months out of 2 years. It's not my responsibility but I will not let a child starve. I sacrificed my families well being for the child and her mother. The army seams not to care about the dependents.

My friends daughter has a child by a Army soldier. It took him joining the Army to even pay child support. He just deployed for 15months and took the liberty to cancel his child support allotment before he left. My family supported his child and its mother for three years. He doesn't mind claiming the child on his taxes to get the earned income credit. He loves to buy his toys with it, but he fails to support his child. The mother contacted his first seargeant and he was unable to help. Is there anyone we can contact who can help her with the situation.

Last edited by Grimm; 08-06-2008 at 07:29 AM.. Reason: Duplicate postings

Old 08-08-2008, 08:11 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmebh View Post
My friends daughter has a daughter from an Army soldier. It took him joining the army to start paying child support. He had no trouble claiming the child on his taxes and taking the earned income credit for his enjoyment. He recently deployed. He cancelled his child support allotment before he deployed. He has been a real bad father when it comes to supporting his child. He spent more money buying toys than he would ever spend raising his own child. Calling his first seargeant yielded no results. Does anyone have any suggestions on who to contact? The father can care less if his child is supported. I supported his child for 18 months out of 2 years. It's not my responsibility but I will not let a child starve. I sacrificed my families well being for the child and her mother. The army seams not to care about the dependents.

My friends daughter has a child by a Army soldier. It took him joining the Army to even pay child support. He just deployed for 15months and took the liberty to cancel his child support allotment before he left. My family supported his child and its mother for three years. He doesn't mind claiming the child on his taxes to get the earned income credit. He loves to buy his toys with it, but he fails to support his child. The mother contacted his first seargeant and he was unable to help. Is there anyone we can contact who can help her with the situation.
Is he listed as the father on the birth certificate? When he was paying child support was it court ordered or did he just set up the allotment? I would say she needs to contact a lawyer and take him to court.

Old 08-29-2008, 11:24 AM
First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmebh View Post

Try contacting his CO. He/She should be able to do something about it. I know the Marine Corps doesnt tolerate that stuff. You have to provide proof of child support if the parents are not together. Thats mandatory. It's sad that she has to go thru this stuff with him. I'm a dad and I absolutely hate deadbeat dads. They give a bad name to real fathers. How can you look yourself in the mirror knowing that you have a child that came from you and you're not taking care of your responsibility. I'm getting pissed just thinking about it. He needs his *** kicked (sorry Grimm, I had to say it) thoroughly!

Old 12-28-2008, 05:56 PM
Private First Class

Send a message via Yahoo to darlin_31792
Default child support

contact his commanding officer and if that doesn't work the contact a lawyer.

Old 02-19-2009, 01:09 PM
Private

She should send a copy of the birth certificate and or child support decree to the rear detachment commander at his home station or downrange depending on what info she has. A commander is required per regulation to enforce support. Normally if they don't we refer spouses to IG, but I don't think she would be able to receive their assistance since she is not a dependant. Otherwise she will need to contact Social Services or a Lawyer.

Old 02-19-2009, 01:54 PM
Private First Class

ok listen this is what you have to do or tell your friend didnt read everything on here whenever you/she go see the lawyer go to this site print out the papers stated and have the lawyer help you out with this.

[url]http://www.dfas.mil/garnishment/childsupportagency.html[/url]

Tags
child support