armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > The Lounge
User Name
Password

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

  #1  
Old 07-27-2008, 04:02 PM
Fireball's Avatar
Fireball Fireball is offline
Brigadier General
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: where big is best...
Posts: 2,481
Send a message via Yahoo to Fireball
Default Dinner?

I am making meatloaf (something I make twice a year, and after eating it wonder why I don't make it more often) with mashed potatoes, veggie and homemade rolls... What's on the menu for you all?
__________________


-Fireball
Army Wife and mother of 3
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old 07-27-2008, 06:28 PM
Txmom42 Txmom42 is offline
Second Lieutenant
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: some where between a rock and a hard place.
Posts: 549
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
I am making meatloaf (something I make twice a year, and after eating it wonder why I don't make it more often) with mashed potatoes, veggie and homemade rolls... What's on the menu for you all?
Oh man! That sounds so good. I only make it in the winter, costs too much to keep the house cool without heating the oven. It's a Hamburger Helper night. Only me and one other child here tonight so I am going cheap and easy. My grocery budget was busted to pieces the two weeks son was home.
__________________
Proud Mom of a Proud Soldier
Reply With Quote

  #3  
Old 07-28-2008, 08:10 AM
jrj1000's Avatar
jrj1000 jrj1000 is offline
Brigadier General
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Living the dream!!!
Posts: 2,815
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
I am making meatloaf (something I make twice a year, and after eating it wonder why I don't make it more often) with mashed potatoes, veggie and homemade rolls... What's on the menu for you all?
Sounds fantastic Fireball...yum..with homemade bread rolls..see something told me you would be a dab hand in the kitchen...i knew it...

I vist my mum on Sundays...yesterday see cooked a fantastic sunday dinner...Roast chicken..roast potatoes...parsnips..peas...string beans....sprouts.....carrots...and fantasic
yorkshire puddings...toped off with chicken gravy...yum yum

I also like sometimes...a black pudding sandwich
Reply With Quote

  #4  
Old 07-28-2008, 09:25 AM
Fireball's Avatar
Fireball Fireball is offline
Brigadier General
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: where big is best...
Posts: 2,481
Send a message via Yahoo to Fireball
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrj1000 View Post
Sounds fantastic Fireball...yum..with homemade bread rolls..see something told me you would be a dab hand in the kitchen...i knew it...

I vist my mum on Sundays...yesterday see cooked a fantastic sunday dinner...Roast chicken..roast potatoes...parsnips..peas...string beans....sprouts.....carrots...and fantasic
yorkshire puddings...toped off with chicken gravy...yum yum

I also like sometimes...a black pudding sandwich
ROFL....

Well the food you had sounded fabulous! I was really excited about how my meatloaf & french bread rolls turned out.
__________________


-Fireball
Army Wife and mother of 3
Reply With Quote

  #5  
Old 07-28-2008, 09:53 AM
Armygirl4Ever's Avatar
Armygirl4Ever Armygirl4Ever is offline
Captain
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Home is Where You Hang Your Dog Tags!
Posts: 927
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrj1000 View Post
Sounds fantastic Fireball...yum..with homemade bread rolls..see something told me you would be a dab hand in the kitchen...i knew it...

I vist my mum on Sundays...yesterday see cooked a fantastic sunday dinner...Roast chicken..roast potatoes...parsnips..peas...string beans....sprouts.....carrots...and fantasic
yorkshire puddings...toped off with chicken gravy...yum yum

I also like sometimes...a black pudding sandwich
Wow, I want to visit your mum's on Sundays too, that sounds GREAT!

I just cooked my kids a simple dinner of sausage and potatoes with drop biscuits...but they didn't complain, lol
__________________
Armygirl4ever,
Proudly Serving in the Silent (okay, maybe not always so silent) Ranks

Reply With Quote

  #6  
Old 07-28-2008, 10:52 AM
scconwill's Avatar
scconwill scconwill is offline
First Lieutenant
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Florence Alabama
Posts: 718
Send a message via AIM to scconwill
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
I am making meatloaf (something I make twice a year, and after eating it wonder why I don't make it more often) with mashed potatoes, veggie and homemade rolls... What's on the menu for you all?
hahaha The chow at our dining facility is less than perfect my squad is going to feast on some chili mac MRE's yea there the good ones with the peanut butter and lemon pound cake
Reply With Quote

  #7  
Old 07-28-2008, 11:34 AM
jrj1000's Avatar
jrj1000 jrj1000 is offline
Brigadier General
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Living the dream!!!
Posts: 2,815
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
ROFL....

Well the food you had sounded fabulous! I was really excited about how my meatloaf & french bread rolls turned out.
Nice one...everyone is comming to yours then on Firday for dinner
I tryed making my own bread once...with disastrous consequences....honestly...it was a disgrace
Reply With Quote

  #8  
Old 07-28-2008, 11:40 AM
jrj1000's Avatar
jrj1000 jrj1000 is offline
Brigadier General
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Living the dream!!!
Posts: 2,815
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armygirl4Ever View Post
Wow, I want to visit your mum's on Sundays too, that sounds GREAT!

I just cooked my kids a simple dinner of sausage and potatoes with drop biscuits...but they didn't complain, lol
Yeah i get fed well whenever i turn up at my moms...but the rest of the time...its either...chicken or fish...im not a great cook by any stretch of the imagination...saying that..i do make a good chill con carne

By the way can i ask...what are drop buicuits??
Reply With Quote

  #9  
Old 07-28-2008, 12:07 PM
Armygirl4Ever's Avatar
Armygirl4Ever Armygirl4Ever is offline
Captain
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Home is Where You Hang Your Dog Tags!
Posts: 927
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrj1000 View Post
Yeah i get fed well whenever i turn up at my moms...but the rest of the time...its either...chicken or fish...im not a great cook by any stretch of the imagination...saying that..i do make a good chill con carne

By the way can i ask...what are drop buicuits??
It's the lazy way of making biscuits, lol, instead of rolling them and cutting them out with a biscuit cutter, you drop them off the spoon on a pan and bake them, lol
__________________
Armygirl4ever,
Proudly Serving in the Silent (okay, maybe not always so silent) Ranks

Reply With Quote

  #10  
Old 07-28-2008, 12:39 PM
Marine4Life's Avatar
Marine4Life Marine4Life is offline
First Lieutenant
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Country
Posts: 796
Default

I made sauteed shrimp and rice last night for my children. It's getting to the point where they would rather me cook than their mother. It's not that she cant cook, it's the fact that I like ****y food and so do they. Their mom doesn't do ****y that much. Anyway, it was pretty good seeing how I didn't have any left to take for lunch today. I BBQ'd some chicken and ribs this past weekend too. I love food off the grill so I try to cook out at least twice a week.
__________________
OOH RAH!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:11 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    
·Contact Us   ·Legal   ·Privacy   ·Link To Us    ·Advertise With Us    ·About Us    ·Site Map     
     Copyright 2004-2019 Activv, LLC. All rights reserved. Armyreal.com is a service provided by Activv.
This website is not affiliated, endorsed, authorized, or associated in any way with any government, military or country.