armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > The Lounge
User Name
Password

Old 07-27-2008, 04:02 PM
Brigadier General

Send a message via Yahoo to Fireball
Default Dinner?

I am making meatloaf (something I make twice a year, and after eating it wonder why I don't make it more often) with mashed potatoes, veggie and homemade rolls... What's on the menu for you all?

-Fireball
Army Wife and mother of 3

Old 07-27-2008, 06:28 PM
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
I am making meatloaf (something I make twice a year, and after eating it wonder why I don't make it more often) with mashed potatoes, veggie and homemade rolls... What's on the menu for you all?
Oh man! That sounds so good. I only make it in the winter, costs too much to keep the house cool without heating the oven. It's a Hamburger Helper night. Only me and one other child here tonight so I am going cheap and easy. My grocery budget was busted to pieces the two weeks son was home.

Old 07-28-2008, 08:10 AM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Sounds fantastic Fireball...yum..with homemade bread rolls..see something told me you would be a dab hand in the kitchen...i knew it...

I vist my mum on Sundays...yesterday see cooked a fantastic sunday dinner...Roast chicken..roast potatoes...parsnips..peas...string beans....sprouts.....carrots...and fantasic
yorkshire puddings...toped off with chicken gravy...yum yum

I also like sometimes...a black pudding sandwich

Old 07-28-2008, 09:25 AM
Brigadier General

Send a message via Yahoo to Fireball

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrj1000 View Post
Sounds fantastic Fireball...yum..with homemade bread rolls..see something told me you would be a dab hand in the kitchen...i knew it...

I vist my mum on Sundays...yesterday see cooked a fantastic sunday dinner...Roast chicken..roast potatoes...parsnips..peas...string beans....sprouts.....carrots...and fantasic

ROFL....

Well the food you had sounded fabulous! I was really excited about how my meatloaf & french bread rolls turned out.

-Fireball
Army Wife and mother of 3

Old 07-28-2008, 09:53 AM
Captain

Quote:

Wow, I want to visit your mum's on Sundays too, that sounds GREAT!

I just cooked my kids a simple dinner of sausage and potatoes with drop biscuits...but they didn't complain, lol

Old 07-28-2008, 10:52 AM
First Lieutenant

Send a message via AIM to scconwill

Quote:
hahaha The chow at our dining facility is less than perfect my squad is going to feast on some chili mac MRE's yea there the good ones with the peanut butter and lemon pound cake

Old 07-28-2008, 11:34 AM
Brigadier General

Quote:
ROFL....

Well the food you had sounded fabulous! I was really excited about how my meatloaf & french bread rolls turned out.
Nice one...everyone is comming to yours then on Firday for dinner
I tryed making my own bread once...with disastrous consequences....honestly...it was a disgrace

Old 07-28-2008, 11:40 AM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armygirl4Ever View Post
Wow, I want to visit your mum's on Sundays too, that sounds GREAT!

I just cooked my kids a simple dinner of sausage and potatoes with drop biscuits...but they didn't complain, lol
Yeah i get fed well whenever i turn up at my moms...but the rest of the time...its either...chicken or fish...im not a great cook by any stretch of the imagination...saying that..i do make a good chill con carne

By the way can i ask...what are drop buicuits??

Old 07-28-2008, 12:07 PM
Captain

Quote:
Yeah i get fed well whenever i turn up at my moms...but the rest of the time...its either...chicken or fish...im not a great cook by any stretch of the imagination...saying that..i do make a good chill con carne

By the way can i ask...what are drop buicuits??
It's the lazy way of making biscuits, lol, instead of rolling them and cutting them out with a biscuit cutter, you drop them off the spoon on a pan and bake them, lol

Old 07-28-2008, 12:39 PM
First Lieutenant

I made sauteed shrimp and rice last night for my children. It's getting to the point where they would rather me cook than their mother. It's not that she cant cook, it's the fact that I like ****y food and so do they. Their mom doesn't do ****y that much. Anyway, it was pretty good seeing how I didn't have any left to take for lunch today. I BBQ'd some chicken and ribs this past weekend too. I love food off the grill so I try to cook out at least twice a week.