User Name
Password

View Poll Results: Who won the debate?
Biden 18 66.67%
Palin 9 33.33%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-04-2008, 08:49 AM
Brigadier General

LOL lets not get into accents....you guys hardly understand me when I type imagine speaking to me in person...No I dont speak "Queens English" and I dont pronounce things like I have had a private education

95% of British people dont add the G on ing...it is IN.. and th is often pronounced F

We should all start posting words as we would say them...what a laugh we would have

Or should I say.....We shud start pusting wods lik we sez em...wat a laff we wud ave

I think the fact that Palin is not your "Well spoken or pefectly spoken candidate might work in her favor

Or should I say...I fink the fackt that Palin aint ya well spokon or perfectlee spoken candidate mite wok in er faver
and I'll show you a man waiting for a beating.

كافر

Old 10-04-2008, 09:18 AM
Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG Glenn View Post
He from Canada criticizes accents? Ay?

She sounds just like the people I talk to every day here in Wisconsin.

My mother was from Sask. & ther isn't a relative we have from there & Man. & B.C. that pronounces it "ing".

If you've never been south of your border I'd say a good 90% of US citizens drop the "g" in "ing". That is if you're not a polished, plastic politician from the effete east.

So are you advising US citizens that we shouldn't vote for her ticket because of her accent?
Relax MSG Glen. I was just curious if she could speak properly if she tried. I have slang too of course, as we all do, but I can turn it off when I should. Eh.

Old 10-04-2008, 09:23 AM
Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrj1000 View Post
LOL lets not get into accents....you guys hardly understand me when I type imagine speaking to me in person...No I dont speak "Queens English" and I dont pronounce things like I have had a private education

95% of British people dont add the G on ing...it is IN.. and th is often pronounced F

We should all start posting words as we would say them...what a laugh we would have

Or should I say.....We shud start pusting wods lik we sez em...wat a laff we wud ave

I think the fact that Palin is not your "Well spoken or pefectly spoken candidate might work in her favor

Or should I say...I fink the fackt that Palin aint ya well spokon or perfectlee spoken candidate mite wok in er faver
lol. Typing how we speak really brings it out doesn't it.

Like ebonix. Imagine the VP, one day from an urban center who has the hip hop shiite at the podium. lol.

Thanks JRJ, youve improved my mood, eh.

Old 10-04-2008, 09:41 AM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Common Sence View Post
Thanks JRJ, youve improved my mood, eh.
Nah worries r kid

كافر

Old 10-04-2008, 12:05 PM
Major General

Quote:

95% of English people are lazy basterds!

Biden - Palin?............hmmmm, does it matter?

Old 10-04-2008, 02:08 PM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas View Post
95% of English people are lazy basterds!

Biden - Palin?............hmmmm, does it matter?
You are right it is lazyness most of time...but accents are hard to shake and how you pronounce things depends on them...Since leaving the Army I have done alright money wise......but

Me and my brother have have proberbly lost work because of our accents thats the truth....We do tone things down in certian situations of course....but sod them....thats how I see it most of the time..I am what I am ...Im my fathers son and my grandads grandson.....

My roots are too inbeded to cut out

I will die in the class I was born.......... no matter how much money I make

I guess my point is Palin shouldnt have to pretend to be something she isnt

كافر

Old 10-04-2008, 02:18 PM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Common Sence View Post
Relax MSG Glen. I was just curious if she could speak properly if she tried. I have slang too of course, as we all do, but I can turn it off when I should. Eh.
That's what you don't understand, CS, that's not slang - that's the way she talks Clinton from Arkansas, Bush from Texas, Palin from Alaska, Glenn from Wisconsin - we all have our "correct" way to talk. Then there're those from Massachusettes, Maine, & of course New Yawk. Very few of us can turn off the way we speak. I have a slight accent that's different than most people from my area. That's from being exposed to a multitude of accents during my 27 years in the service.

By the way - my son was accused of being Canadian when he was in the Army due to his Wisconsin accent. They all called him Canuck.
Retired MSG
I was a Soldier. I am a Soldier. I will always be a Soldier.

Old 10-04-2008, 04:36 PM
Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG Glenn View Post
That's what you don't understand, CS, that's not slang - that's the way she talks Clinton from Arkansas, Bush from Texas, Palin from Alaska, Glenn from Wisconsin - we all have our "correct" way to talk. Then there're those from Massachusettes, Maine, & of course New Yawk. Very few of us can turn off the way we speak. I have a slight accent that's different than most people from my area. That's from being exposed to a multitude of accents during my 27 years in the service.

By the way - my son was accused of being Canadian when he was in the Army due to his Wisconsin accent. They all called him Canuck.
Hey, it was a compliment. Nothing wrong with being accused of being a Canadian.

I just feel that speaking properly entails pronouncing the words the way they are spelled at least. Names of people and places, like New York fall into a slightly different category. But, a word like "working", is not pronounced, "workin." And "going" is not pronounced, "gunna".

Just how I feel.

Old 10-04-2008, 04:46 PM
Brigadier General

French Canadians???....thats another story....I remember being called an English C*** by a French Canadian....the guy was right....but theres something about called a C*** in the french language

كافر

Old 10-04-2008, 04:50 PM
Colonel

Quote:
French Canadians???....thats another story....I remember being called an English C*** by a French Canadian....the guy was right....but theres something about called a C*** in the french language
Whole new chapter here.