armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > The Lounge
User Name
Password

Old 08-26-2008, 09:52 AM
Colonel

Send a message via AIM to SniperAlpha1 Send a message via MSN to SniperAlpha1

Well Powell made McCain's short list and I pray that he is chosen.

I was raised, like a lot of kids now-a-days, to be blind to color, creed and religion. I think that as the years go on, we'll see more minority candidates and that's fantastic.

Old 08-26-2008, 10:05 AM
Brigadier General

As far as I'm concerned his color has absolutely no bearing on my dislike for him & I, as an American, am proud the we had the guts to present a black man to run for the highest office in the land. It's just his politics. His values are entirely opposite of mine. He's been known as the most liberal senator in the short time he served. He has no idea of foreign policy, the military, economy & a myriad of other important topics.

McCain is too liberal for my taste but in my thinking he's the lesser of two evils.

As far as the choice of Vice President I couldn't care less. Just a few weeks Sen. Joe Biden, Obama's pick for VP stated that Obama had no experience, would make a bad President, & that McCain was a much better choice for the office. Hillary Clinton said about the same thing. Well, they convinced me.

Go figure.
Retired MSG
I was a Soldier. I am a Soldier. I will always be a Soldier.

Old 08-26-2008, 10:10 AM
First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG Glenn View Post
As far as I'm concerned his color has absolutely no bearing on my dislike for him & I, as an American, am proud the we had the guts to present a black man to run for the highest office in the land. It's just his politics. His values are entirely opposite of mine. He's been known as the most liberal senator in the short time he served. He has no idea of foreign policy, the military, economy & a myriad of other important topics.

McCain is too liberal for my taste but in my thinking he's the lesser of two evils.

As far as the choice of Vice President I couldn't care less. Just a few weeks Sen. Joe Biden, Obama's pick for VP stated that Obama had no experience, would make a bad President, & that McCain was a much better choice for the office. Hillary Clinton said about the same thing. Well, they convinced me.

Go figure.
I jsut hate that the Democratic party has so much turmoil swirling around it right now. Obama and the Clintons are not on the same page, as well as other Dems. It's almost like they're confused about something. I hope they get everything straightened out and get on one accord for the party's sake.

Old 08-26-2008, 10:23 AM
Brigadier General

Quote:

Go figure.
I havent taken much intrest in the race.. although i should because what happens in the whitehouse effects the UK theres no getting away from that ...his colour shouldnt have any bearing..but if you would have said decades ago that the US would have a black candidate people would have laughed

Like i said it says alot about the American people.. you guys should be proud of the progrestion...thats how i see it anyway..more power and respect to you guys...one word....Fantastic!!!
and I'll show you a man waiting for a beating.

كافر

Old 08-26-2008, 04:28 PM
Brigadier General

Quote:
He has no idea of foreign policy, the military, economy & a myriad of other important topics.

On that basis[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whhbPVrb5KM&NR=1"] he's fully qualified[/URL]!

Old 08-26-2008, 04:45 PM
Colonel

Send a message via AIM to SniperAlpha1 Send a message via MSN to SniperAlpha1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
On that basis[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whhbPVrb5KM&NR=1"] he's fully qualified[/URL]!
Is Bush an Idiot...no.

He seems like a nice guy who has some ridiculous gaffs. But then again, I have some damn smart friends who butcher and decimate the English language and sense even more than George does.

I think that he isn't a very good public speaker, but as for being an idiot or bad president, my answer is no.

He was an OK president. Just like Ford was an OK president. Nothing special but he didn't screw us like the likes of Carter.

Old 08-26-2008, 07:20 PM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperAlpha1 View Post
Is Bush an Idiot...no.
Well if Bush isn't then the American people must be.

Old 08-27-2008, 06:56 AM
First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperAlpha1 View Post
Is Bush an Idiot...no.

He seems like a nice guy who has some ridiculous gaffs. But then again, I have some damn smart friends who butcher and decimate the English language and sense even more than George does.

I think that he isn't a very good public speaker, but as for being an idiot or bad president, my answer is no.

He was an OK president. Just like Ford was an OK president. Nothing special but he didn't screw us like the likes of Carter.
I just didn't like the way in which he got into the White House in the first place. All that controversy involving missing votes from Florida, the state which happens to have his brother as Governer, and other things too. It just wasn't right. Thats why I say a vote doesn't mean anything because they can "disappear" or be manipulated.

Old 08-27-2008, 08:00 PM
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine4Life View Post
I just didn't like the way in which he got into the White House in the first place. All that controversy involving missing votes from Florida, the state which happens to have his brother as Governer, and other things too. It just wasn't right. Thats why I say a vote doesn't mean anything because they can "disappear" or be manipulated.
Exactly.

Our current president merely highlights the inadequacy of our current selection process to embody the "Will of The People" as a representative Democracy.

I voted for President Bush the first time and it is a decision I will regret for a long time.
I wouldn't say he is an idiot, but I will say he is NOT a good choice to represent a troubled nation.

"There never was a good war or a bad peace." B Franklin

Old 08-27-2008, 11:31 PM
Private First Class

Quote:

Go figure.
I had one political science class, which was enough for me! I think it is a sad state to always be faced with having to choose the lesser of the two evils, which I have had to do as well. It's pretty obvious that Obama does not have the qualifying experience to become president; however, McCain? Well....I guess time will tell. One thing is for sure, McCain will not leave his fellow military personnel uncovered as it was during the Clinton administration.

Proud of our guardians of freedom!

Christina