Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > The Lounge
User Name
Password

Old 12-11-2005, 02:02 PM
Recruit

Default the answer is.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Common Sence
God would annihilate the Devil and would show forgiveness by doing so quickly.

the father forgives all, but we have to ask

Old 12-11-2005, 05:45 PM
Colonel

For some, there should only be room for mercy.

Old 12-12-2005, 08:49 AM
First Sergeant

I wonder if any of those responding to this post have studied theology or at least have any working knowledge of the Scriptures. Now to say that God and the devil do not exist looks perfectly logical at a glance until one actually looks at the repricussions of it. If God does not exist, are there any moral absolutes? How did we get here? What does my life mean? A much better to go about this would be for you to check these sites out.[URL="http://www.everystudent.com/features/isthere.html"]http://www.everystudent.com/features/isthere.html[/URL]
[URL="http://www.doesgodexist.org/"]http://www.doesgodexist.org/[/URL]
[URL="http://www.christadelphian.org.uk/booklets/bprop1.html"]http://www.christadelphian.org.uk/booklets/bprop1.html[/URL]
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless made or kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
- John Stuart Mill

Old 12-12-2005, 09:37 AM
Colonel

You don't need to "study" to be able to feel, or not feel the aura of God. If you have never read a word from the bible it does not mean that you are not a dedicated believer.

What does studying have to do with something based on feelings. Can a person without a working knowlegde of love still feel love, and are they still qualified to speak on love at that point. Yes they are. Reading the bible, which I have done, is good for a foundation, it's good for confidence if you want to support your feelings with something someone else wrote, but on the surface if you believe in something you should be able to support that belief with or without a book.

I'm not tying to argue, I'm just of the beliefe that if you are a good person in the eyes of god, and you want god to love you then god will.

Old 12-12-2005, 11:01 AM
First Sergeant

Talking religion is crap :P

Quote:
I wonder if any of those responding to this post have studied theology or at least have any working knowledge of the Scriptures. Now to say that God and the devil do not exist looks perfectly logical at a glance until one actually looks at the repricussions of it. If God does not exist, are there any moral absolutes? How did we get here? What does my life mean? A much better to go about this would be for you to check these sites
so... u are a christian believer or what?

religion is merely a brainwashing tool... it was used to control people in the old days since the security was almost non-existent at that time, and it was used by the church as a source of income... Heaven and Hell? if u think about it, its pretty logical that these are made up "worlds". the church merely used it as an income, so the people had to buy those small "letters" that free'ed them from their sins, the price depended on what they had done, its a classic... :P

religion has never done anything good to the world... Religion has been used as a reason for aggressors to justify their attacks.(*cough* terrorists *cough*) and that goes for almost ALL religions. the only religion that doesn't take advantage of people(of those i know) is probably buddhism... its sad that it isn't that widely spread... probably because it doesn't involve anything exciteing like killing, death, suffering and devils :P lmao...

Old 12-12-2005, 11:41 AM
Colonel

Right, what is more appealing being one with onesself, or Angels and Demons and crusades and rightousness.

Pretty damn sad.

Old 12-15-2005, 08:57 AM
First Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Common Sence
You don't need to "study" to be able to feel, or not feel the aura of God. If you have never read a word from the bible it does not mean that you are not a dedicated believer.

What does studying have to do with something based on feelings. Can a person without a working knowlegde of love still feel love, and are they still qualified to speak on love at that point. Yes they are. Reading the bible, which I have done, is good for a foundation, it's good for confidence if you want to support your feelings with something someone else wrote, but on the surface if you believe in something you should be able to support that belief with or without a book.

I'm not tying to argue, I'm just of the beliefe that if you are a good person in the eyes of god, and you want god to love you then god will.
I ask how one is supposed to follow Christ when they don't even know Him. I don't see how one can be a dedicated believer without studying the Word. The Bible is the foundation of the Christian life. Without it, there really isn't anything. Know, this doesn't neccessarily mean you need a Bible in your hands. Missionaries would go out to distant peoples who did not have a common language system. They found a way to express the scriptures first orally and then later in writing after years of study by the missionaries. That's all for now, I'll try to get back here tonight to finish.
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless made or kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
- John Stuart Mill

Old 12-15-2005, 09:39 AM
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive
I wonder if any of those responding to this post have studied theology or at least have any working knowledge of the Scriptures. Now to say that God and the devil do not exist looks perfectly logical at a glance until one actually looks at the repricussions of it. If God does not exist, are there any moral absolutes? How did we get here? What does my life mean? A much better to go about this would be for you to check these sites out.[URL="http://www.everystudent.com/features/isthere.html"]http://www.everystudent.com/features/isthere.html[/URL]
[URL="http://www.doesgodexist.org/"]http://www.doesgodexist.org/[/URL]
[URL="http://www.christadelphian.org.uk/booklets/bprop1.html"]http://www.christadelphian.org.uk/booklets/bprop1.html[/URL]

dont just preach about christianity if you want a whole view of god and understanding religion
you have to look at the whole ball game not just one team.............all this dose god exist stuff neither proves nor disproves his existence when it comes down to it its peoples faith
nothing more nothing less.............

as somone(more wise than me)once said "religion is a walking stick it helps you up and to walk when your having trouble but once you can walk you dont really need it anymore"
when your faiths strong enough in god or anything eles you dont need religion anymore.............

iv studyed some of the worlds faiths(including satanisem taoisem buddisem hindism jewish kabbalsts to name a few)

one of my favourites is taoisem the nature of it is pure beauty
itself it beleves in balance in all things(and the tao of coures but thats too deep to get into lol)i mean if you have evil thoughts except they exist and then let them go

taoists(unlike there buddist conterparts)are not pacifists they beleve in fighting but
only for the right reasons they hate wasteful use of human life........an example would be WW2 was the right reason to fight................the vietnam war was wasteful use of human life

one of the best examples of how taoist thought works is this"always try to do the right thing
but be mindful of the consequences of doing the right thing"

though what im saying only scratches the surface of the way taoism works

Last edited by Zeus185; 12-15-2005 at 12:00 PM..

Old 12-19-2005, 09:33 AM
First Sergeant

Default I'm back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus185
dont just preach about christianity if you want a whole view of god and understanding religion
you have to look at the whole ball game not just one team.............all this dose god exist stuff neither proves nor disproves his existence when it comes down to it its peoples faith
nothing more nothing less.............

as somone(more wise than me)once said "religion is a walking stick it helps you up and to walk when your having trouble but once you can walk you dont really need it anymore"
when your faiths strong enough in god or anything eles you dont need religion anymore.............

iv studyed some of the worlds faiths(including satanisem taoisem buddisem hindism jewish kabbalsts to name a few)

one of my favourites is taoisem the nature of it is pure beauty
itself it beleves in balance in all things(and the tao of coures but thats too deep to get into lol)i mean if you have evil thoughts except they exist and then let them go

taoists(unlike there buddist conterparts)are not pacifists they beleve in fighting but
only for the right reasons they hate wasteful use of human life........an example would be WW2 was the right reason to fight................the vietnam war was wasteful use of human life

one of the best examples of how taoist thought works is this"always try to do the right thing
but be mindful of the consequences of doing the right thing"

though what im saying only scratches the surface of the way taoism works
I'm sorry I haven't been able to get here much, 'tis the season for finals. A mistake many people make these days is when they ask someone, "are you religious?" Why? because being religious and spiritual are two different things. The religious person might just go to church every weekend and leave it at that. The sprtiual person will go beyond that. Syudying so many religions must have taken a very long time. But I ask what worldview you used to look at it with? And as far as having to study all religions- what teams are you talking about? Are they playing a ballgame? Have you looked at Christianity? What is the main diffference between Christianity and other religions? What sets it apart? It's quite simple, because it is the only right religion. There is One God, the God Christians follow and worship, the only proven God. Jesus Christ is the only person in any religion to conquer death. How do I know He actually did that? Because the Bible says He did. May I remind you that the Bible is the most historically backed source there is. It has been proven again and again to be accurate and true. And your quote about religion as a walking stick- Christianity is different from that, God has seen us through hard times and good times. Sometimes we have hard times to remind us that We still need Him, to kick out the 'I can do it myself' arrogance. We have hard times to test us, and to prepare us for future challenges. Last thing, one of the best examples of how taoist thought works is this"always try to do the right thing but be mindful of the consequences of doing the right thing". Christians do the right thing no matter the consequences. Why? Because it is the right thing to do.
- John Stuart Mill

Old 12-19-2005, 09:52 AM
First Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morten
so... u are a christian believer or what?

religion is merely a brainwashing tool... it was used to control people in the old days since the security was almost non-existent at that time, and it was used by the church as a source of income... Heaven and Hell? if u think about it, its pretty logical that these are made up "worlds". the church merely used it as an income, so the people had to buy those small "letters" that free'ed them from their sins, the price depended on what they had done, its a classic... :P

religion has never done anything good to the world... Religion has been used as a reason for aggressors to justify their attacks.(*cough* terrorists *cough*) and that goes for almost ALL religions. the only religion that doesn't take advantage of people(of those i know) is probably buddhism... its sad that it isn't that widely spread... probably because it doesn't involve anything exciteing like killing, death, suffering and devils :P lmao...
Brainwashing tool? Lame argument. How can you explain the presence of religion in remote place of South America not reached by civilization? Because they all use it to brainwash people? Or is it because humanity kows that they have been created by God. It is the one theme that was found everywhere in the world. Religion used as a source of income? Well, yes it was used for that at countless instances, but it is hardly the norm for Christianity. You refer specifically to the Catholic Church doing Medieval times. Heaven and Hell made up is logical? Why? If there is no God than how can there be no right or wrong? If there is no right or wrong, why do Heaven and Hell exist?

The first question one should ask is, "does God exist?" The second is, "if He does exist, who is He?" And then if you examine all of the religions in the world, Christianity will emerge as the only true way to God. That's all I can sy for now, I gotta go.
- John Stuart Mill