armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Enlistment Information
User Name
Password

Old 05-09-2008, 06:57 PM
Recruit

Question Anyone???

Is there anyone that is over 30 and thinking of joining the army?? I am a 31 yr old female that is tring to join and I just wanted to know if I am alone?

Old 05-09-2008, 07:05 PM
Brigadier General

There were several on here a while back. One was planning on going Guard or Reserve. I haven't seen them on recently. Try the search button. If the post was fairly recent try PMing them or if they disclose their e mail address try that route. They could have shipped out for basic already for all I know. I miss a lot as I'm only on here Thursdays & Fridays from my jobsite.

I'm an Army Retired male so I'm completely useless for your questions, although I went in at age 38 after being in the Navy 6 years & out for 14. Believe me it's do-able.

I'm sorry I can't help but I thought I would at least respond so you know there's activity.
Retired MSG
I was a Soldier. I am a Soldier. I will always be a Soldier.

Old 05-15-2008, 03:49 PM
Private

im 29 and im lookinf forward to going to basic pretty soon Ive taken the asvab and completed the physical at MEPS just waiting on a dependency waiver because i have more than three dependents one which included my active duty army husband! Im very excited and scared at the time because until now ive been a couch potatoe on my days off... so i pray i make it through basic

Old 05-15-2008, 06:15 PM
Staff Sergeant

I am 30 and enlisting so you are definitly not alone.

"Too many go in and don't make it, don't be one of them." --Tacky

Old 05-15-2008, 06:26 PM
Brigadier General

Send a message via Yahoo to Fireball

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLTS6 View Post
Is there anyone that is over 30 and thinking of joining the army?? I am a 31 yr old female that is tring to join and I just wanted to know if I am alone?
My hubby was 30 when he enlisted and turned 31 a few months later. He loves it.

-Fireball
Army Wife and mother of 3

Old 05-15-2008, 06:54 PM
Brigadier General

Send a message via AIM to Nightflyer
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLTS6 View Post
I am a 31 yr old female that is tring to join and I just wanted to know if I am alone?
Not if you like beer.Lol..Your not alone. There's alot of soldiers in my unit 30 and over. Their all cool....

Spc. ~ Nightflyer ~ Spec 4 Mafia
Army Aviation Air Assualt.
Black berets forever.
U S A

Classic. And we get it.

Posted by... Nightflyer..Go get me a beer....
Posted by Zekos....get me one too b.itch Posted by... Exo1.Haha!!... good man!!.... .........yeah!!.... while your out there get me one too.....Posted by... SniperALpha1Corona with lime is the way to go. CAUSE THAT'S AMERICA *****!Posted by...Zidane Whiskey pl0x.

Old 05-15-2008, 08:32 PM
Staff Sergeant

Dont the older ones look down on the young ones,im thinking of joining the British army,

Old 05-15-2008, 08:37 PM
Brigadier General

Send a message via Yahoo to Fireball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cykz View Post
Dont the older ones look down on the young ones,im thinking of joining the British army,
J doesn't look down on the "younger" ones... although with younger ones you tend to get more invites to strip clubs, beer bashes, and whatever the younger party days included. This is not to say some older ones enjoy these types of ordeals... but it isn't J's thing and so whereas he doesn't look down on his younger cohorts - he isn't "hanging out" with them like he may have years & years ago. Just because your priorities change doesn't mean you lose respect for people and what their priorities are.

-Fireball
Army Wife and mother of 3

Old 05-15-2008, 08:59 PM
Brigadier General

Fireball has it right cykz.....her guys properbly like 99% of the "older lads"......when i was in there was no time for that......you are all in the same boat.....younger or older.....some of the older guys had kids and there views were different because they were in another place in their lives..... fireball summed it up really.....dont worry cykz

Old 05-15-2008, 09:02 PM
Brigadier General

Send a message via AIM to Nightflyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cykz View Post
There are times the younger ones come into the unit with Rank.Lol.Also if you can equally do with the older soldiers can do and in some cases better you'll fit in..."If you learn to keep your mouth shut". It's about being part of a team. It can be very hard to lead if your not repected and you can't follow if you don't have respect....It's a team effort to the goal line.

As far as going out goes..We ride our Harley's..We hang out together..We all hang out with our girlfriends and wives..Drink some beers and have cookouts..We go out every other saturday night together....most of us...Play football and wiffle ball together. We have this one bar we all go to...It's been around forever with much history..Mom and pop bar and grill with much Army history..The best place..We always get the same big table...It's cool.

Spc. ~ Nightflyer ~ Spec 4 Mafia
Army Aviation Air Assualt.
Black berets forever.
U S A

Classic. And we get it.

Posted by... Nightflyer..Go get me a beer....
Posted by Zekos....get me one too b.itch Posted by... Exo1.Haha!!... good man!!.... .........yeah!!.... while your out there get me one too.....Posted by... SniperALpha1Corona with lime is the way to go. CAUSE THAT'S AMERICA *****!Posted by...Zidane Whiskey pl0x.