armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Enlistment Information
User Name
Password

Old 04-30-2008, 07:42 AM
Private

Question Waiver

I Was Just Wondering How Long Is The Process For Dependency Waiver! Ive Been 2 Meps And Passed The Physical Now Im Just Waiting On This Waiver! My Brother Got One It Only Took Him One Day! Its Been Over A Week So Far For Me? Makes Me Think Its Not Being Approved?

Old 04-30-2008, 07:42 PM
Brigadier General

Send a message via AIM to Nightflyer
Default You'll be ok....

Quote:
Originally Posted by candee View Post
I Was Just Wondering How Long Is The Process For Dependency Waiver! Ive Been 2 Meps And Passed The Physical Now Im Just Waiting On This Waiver! My Brother Got One It Only Took Him One Day! Its Been Over A Week So Far For Me? Makes Me Think Its Not Being Approved?
Some offenses can be waived, and others cannot. Recruiters themselves, do not have waiver approval/disapproval authority. Some waivers can be approved/disapproved by the Recruiting Battalion Commander, other waivers must be approved/disapproved by the Commanding General of the Army Recruiting Command. Not many felonies get in..They just take their time forever and forever..

It really depends on YOUR wavier -Traffic felonies - Dwi's- Don't worry about it..

It all depends on the effort and quickness of the Army recruiter and the waiver itself. The process takes time..You should be good to go. My friend had a recruit walk in and was ready to sign but the kid needed a wavier because he got picked up with a scale in his car he used to bag his weed. The process was slow but the (dude) recruit got in...You'll be ok..Good Luck..

Spc. ~ Nightfler ~ Spec 4 Mafia
Army Aviation Air Assualt.
Black berets forever.
U S A

Classic. And we get it.

Posted by... Nightflyer..Go get me a beer....
Posted by Zekos....get me one too b.itch Posted by... Exo1.Haha!!... good man!!.... .........yeah!!.... while your out there get me one too.....Posted by... SniperALpha1Corona with lime is the way to go. CAUSE THAT'S AMERICA *****!Posted by...Zidane Whiskey pl0x.

Old 05-01-2008, 08:34 AM
Private

thx! maybe it will be soon! i dont have any run ins with the law i just have 2 get a waiver because i have mre than 3 dependents! Thanks again

Old 05-01-2008, 02:36 PM
Brigadier General

From what I understand there's no time set on waivers. It could take a few days (doubtful) or a few months. It all depends on the work load & ambition of the waivering entity.
Retired MSG
I was a Soldier. I am a Soldier. I will always be a Soldier.

Old 05-01-2008, 05:19 PM
Sergeant First Class

I have been waiting for a month now my waiver made it all the wat to usarec and then got kicked back down because my recuiter had my last name wrong by 1 letter so now here I am 2 weeks later still waiting to here something.

Old 05-01-2008, 07:43 PM
Brigadier General

Count that as a blessing, Shorty. It gives you just that much more time to get yourself in shape. Don't waste the time until you actually ship.
Retired MSG

Old 05-02-2008, 08:10 AM
Sergeant First Class

Thanks Msg Glenn Yeah I do the same routine everyday and I talked to my recuiter yesterday and he said everything is at usarec now and he should know something in the next couple of days so I figure about a week from now I will probably know what's going on.
I just want to know what I am going to be doing when I leave where I am going and how long I will be away from my wife and son.
I just hope 19k is there for me when I go.

Old 05-02-2008, 12:48 PM
Brigadier General

I'd think 19D will be available. From working with other young men entering the Army with no MOS preference that's usually the 1st MOS that's offered. If for some reason it's not available you can ask for 11B. According to the MEPS counsellor who my son had they told him 19D "was just like 11B" when there were no 11B slots available. I imagine there are some similarities.

I don't know if 19D is unpopular because it seems it's always a shortage MOS although in the past there wasn't a real big bonus offered. The bonus seemed to be always the same, though where some MOSs had seasonal bonuses. Not sure what kind of bonus is offered these days, however.
Retired MSG

Old 05-02-2008, 08:09 PM
Brigadier General

Send a message via AIM to Nightflyer
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by candee View Post
thx! maybe it will be soon! i dont have any run ins with the law i just have 2 get a waiver because i have mre than 3 dependents! Thanks again
Now....That's a good kitten soldier. (A good Girl )...Good stuff..Ride a Harley Nightster 1300...Opps;..Your a mom....Lol..Rock on > mom / soldier < F@#k'in awesome...

Spc. ~ Nightflyer ~ Spec 4 Mafia
Army Aviation Air Assualt.
Black berets forever.
U S A

Classic. And we get it.

Posted by... Nightflyer..Go get me a beer....
Posted by Zekos....get me one too b.itch Posted by... Exo1.Haha!!... good man!!.... .........yeah!!.... while your out there get me one too.....Posted by... SniperALpha1Corona with lime is the way to go. CAUSE THAT'S AMERICA *****!Posted by...Zidane Whiskey pl0x.