armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Military Discussions > Support our Families
User Name
Password

Old 02-15-2009, 01:55 PM
Private First Class

Default Graduation Dates / Info?

Hidy,

Just wondering if anyone else has received info on Graduation dates yet? My son left for basic on Jan 6th so think we are looking around the 2nd or 3rd week in March for graduation. Supposedly packets have been mailed but we have yet to see anything and I've been unable to find anything on the unit webpage at Ft. Jackson.

Any ideas how to find out some info on this??? Airfare rates are climbing and the hotels seem to be filling up!!!

TIA for any help on this . . .

Old 02-15-2009, 03:49 PM
Brigadier General

Probably only a few days ago he got out of the Reception Station & is now in his BCT class. Figure a good week or two before you get a form letter sent by him giving his complete mailing address. Then maybe a week or two to get the packet giving all of the graduation information.

My son went to Infantry basic at Ft. Benning 5 years ago & if memory serves that's about the right timetable that we experienced.
Retired MSG
I was a Soldier. I am a Soldier. I will always be a Soldier.

Old 02-17-2009, 07:31 AM
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshanson View Post
Hidy,

Just wondering if anyone else has received info on Graduation dates yet? My son left for basic on Jan 6th so think we are looking around the 2nd or 3rd week in March for graduation. Supposedly packets have been mailed but we have yet to see anything and I've been unable to find anything on the unit webpage at Ft. Jackson.

Any ideas how to find out some info on this??? Airfare rates are climbing and the hotels seem to be filling up!!!

[url]http://www.jackson.army.mil/BCT/BCT.htm[/url]

2-60th is March 20th.

Old 02-17-2009, 10:07 AM
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshanson View Post
Hidy,

2-60th graduation is March 20th?? Fort Jackson's web site has the information on Basic Training site.

Old 03-11-2009, 08:20 AM
Private

my husband will be graduating on march 20the as well. I have not heard from him so im getting worried considering graduation is next week. he is in the 2/60th E company

Old 03-11-2009, 09:50 AM
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost in the sip View Post
my husband will be graduating on march 20the as well. I have not heard from him so im getting worried considering graduation is next week. he is in the 2/60th E company
Did you get an graduation invitation in the mail, from the army???