armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Military Discussions > Military Hardware, Gear and Technology
User Name
Password

Old 05-23-2007, 06:19 PM
First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by torspo[fin] View Post
it just reminds me how much people have alienated them selves from what they are
in the nature.
.....How so?

Old 05-25-2007, 10:19 AM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-Steady View Post
.....How so?
something along the line of that urban warfare thing that was going on in the us versus canada thread and this pissing thing nevermind. something that i was thinking 02:08 AM
can't be that wounderful that i would discuss it further

transmitters are all nice but they are detectable.
and when they are not.. they can be harmfull for those who carry em.

Old 07-06-2007, 12:42 PM
Corporal

I don't know. It's not really as bad as you make it sound IMO. First of all, the government control thing isn't really too much a factor in the USA. Many people believe American government is paranoid and knows what they're citizens are doing with the patriot act. Well, the patriot act hasn't caused any significant amount of people any grief, and I seriously doubt that if we had chips in our heads that it would help governments track us at all. Government has some serious s*** that they need to get together to attempt to track any number of people, because, believe it or not, the federal government sucks at it. Historically, wrongful charges are brought to the government through neighbors, and personal enemies.

However, it would be a different thing in smaller nations no doubt, to track their people.

Transmitters are not a bad ides at all. Detectable, yes, but come on, does an iraqi insurgent have the technology to find it? Is the taliban that advanced?

We seriously need to stop thinking of making huge upgrades to counter the Ruskies, and make some simple stuff for the soldiers. When was the last time anyone's fought a technocratic nation? For the US, they've been in Korea, Vietnam, Somalia and now Iraq/Afghanistan. Too technologically impaired to do anything about transmitters. Would've saved us a lot of men. I for one would like to be able to find our men before some a**hole decapitates him live on tv.

As for a more advanced enemy, it makes another burden for them to deal with if they think about holding a soldier hostage. The guys we face nowadays do a lot of kidnapping, and its a good idea to do something about that.

Old 07-06-2007, 01:35 PM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakaragi View Post
I don't know. It's not really as bad as you make it sound IMO. First of all, the government control thing isn't really too much a factor in the USA. Many people believe American government is paranoid and knows what they're citizens are doing with the patriot act. Well, the patriot act hasn't caused any significant amount of people any grief, and I seriously doubt that if we had chips in our heads that it would help governments track us at all. Government has some serious s*** that they need to get together to attempt to track any number of people, because, believe it or not, the federal government sucks at it. Historically, wrongful charges are brought to the government through neighbors, and personal enemies.

However, it would be a different thing in smaller nations no doubt, to track their people.

Transmitters are not a bad ides at all. Detectable, yes, but come on, does an iraqi insurgent have the technology to find it? Is the taliban that advanced?

We seriously need to stop thinking of making huge upgrades to counter the Ruskies, and make some simple stuff for the soldiers. When was the last time anyone's fought a technocratic nation? For the US, they've been in Korea, Vietnam, Somalia and now Iraq/Afghanistan. Too technologically impaired to do anything about transmitters. Would've saved us a lot of men. I for one would like to be able to find our men before some a**hole decapitates him live on tv.

As for a more advanced enemy, it makes another burden for them to deal with if they think about holding a soldier hostage. The guys we face nowadays do a lot of kidnapping, and its a good idea to do something about that.
i dont think you americans need to worry your selves with the Russians that much
unless you manage to make them worried... well they are easilly worried bunch tough..

the terrorists use cellfones and even up to satellite links in the very top of the chain i bet.
i quess US army could implant its soldiers for the tour of duty if you got someting
that small which can make a semi-constant signal powerful enough to pickup from the cellar levels.